2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

Just for funsies, how good of a vet could you get with 4, unp 25, and unp 27?

Allstar? Multi Allstar? 

Consider me skeptical lol

ETA: just to clarify cause I see how it's confusing lol. I meant what could the Spurs get for the price that's being floated for Reesh. 

Edited by Afro

18 minutes ago, sturt said:

Passing thought, not worth anyone's time... I've occasionally daydreamed what kind of bounty a team with a #1 could possibly come out of a draft with if they just traded down and traded down and traded down... all for future draft picks.

You would end up with 4 to 5 late first round picks (or future picks from good teams likely to be late firsts).

Just now, thecampster said:

In our current cap situation, none without sending out matching salary too.

Oh I wasn't talking about us. 

I mean that's what the Spurs are theoretically paying for Rischacher. 

That could get them one hell of a current player. 

I hate how the hawks are looking like p****ies..we control the got damn draft..all this stupid ass settling talk just to draft a slow footed white hasheem  thabeet ..draft the best damn player and keep him..if this a weak draft why the hell would I want more picks out of it..take Sarr and stop looking weak 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Update:

We are down to basically two choices:

Take Sarr and get the Wizards to move up to get him. Wizards want him badly. #1 for #2 and #26 or something like that in value. We would take Clingan at #2 or take Risacher for the below scenario.

Take Risacher and either keep him or flip him to the Spurs. This would be like the old Elton Brand for Tyson Chandler trade. The Bulls back then would only do that trade if Curry was there for them at #4 in that draft. When Atlanta...sigh...passed on Gasol by flipping him for SAR the Bulls got their guy and made the trade. If the Hawks had taken Curry or traded it to someone else that took Curry...the Bulls don't do the deal.

So in this case if Clingan is there at 4 the Spurs take him and we swap guys plus pick up our 2025 and 2027 firsts. 

In that scenario we turn Risacher into Clingan and our 2025 and 2027 unprotected firsts back. Spurs still have the pick swap in 2026.

If Clingan is gone...we just keep Risacher. 

This seems to be the current thinking of the FO. Again, this can change. Teams are upping their interest in #1, DJM, Capela and Hunter. I'm hearing teams are making pitches for AJ and Kobe as well.

Houston is the swing draft choice. I wouldn't rule out a separate trade to #3 if this scenario above happens just to get Clingan and give #4 to Houston so they can take Reed.

I promise this is not directed at you for posting this.  What I'm gonna say is after all that convolution and gymnastics,  it FEELS like the Hawks are gonna Hawk and the Spurs are gonna come away with yet another NBA Championship if you deal with them like that. Keep it simple.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952p47i55ljnq91ukjbef

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 4

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

It's more like the Spurs have to believe the talent difference between Risacher and whoever they would select at 4 (Clingan, Shephard, Buzelis, Castle?) is worth two first rounders.  Feels like absolutely unprecedented value being applied to a guy that has not stepped on an NBA court.

I agree this strikes me as being unlikely.  That said, it isn't close to unprecedented.  For example, Boston offered 4 first round picks to trade up from 16 to 9 in the 2015 draft.

Boston offered their own No. 16 pick, the No. 15 pick from the Atlanta Hawks that was acquired in a "prearranged contingency deal," an unprotected future selection from the Brooklyn Nets and their choice of a future first-rounder from either the Memphis Grizzlies or Minnesota Timberwolves, according to Lowe. There's some dispute about whether additional second-round picks were also involved.

Celtics president Danny Ainge admitted after the draft that the offer was probably too much, but it still wasn't enough to convince Charlotte to pull the trigger. The Hornets preferred Kaminsky over a bunch of picks.

Hornets vice chairman Curtis Polk explained the reasoning behind not making the deal to Grantland:

"You have two minutes to decide: ‘Do I want to do this trade?'" says Polk, one of five men atop Charlotte's decision tree. "You don't have a day. You don't have hours. After all the intelligence we'd done, we were comfortable with Frank. But now you have two minutes to decide if you make this trade, who you're gonna take at No. 16, or maybe No. 20, and we haven't been focusing on that range. In fantasy basketball, it sounds great: ‘Oh my God, they could have gotten all those picks.' But in the real world, I'm not sure it makes us better."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

It makes sense if risa is considered the.best player in the draft, in combination with what spurs think our picks will be, I would rather get those.back than 26 this year dealing with Washington 

It makes sense if risa is considered the.best player in the draft, in combination with what spurs think our picks will be, I would rather get those.back than 26 this year dealing with Washington 

11 minutes ago, Afro said:

Alright Hacream Thabeet is definitely sticking. Thank you for this lol. 

Reece-a-shit, Hacream Thabeet, and Alex Sarr-y.

This draft may be garbage on the court, but the bust names are on point. 

I been sitting on Rui Hoochie Mama, I meant Rui Hachimura ever since he got drafted, lmao

• Haha 3