• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

3 minutes ago, ShayD said:

Also if Bridges went for 5 unprotected firsts good luck any team trading for Trae Young

In this new CBA, I can see teams do more type of deals since draft picks is like gold right now and I be asking for 3 - 4 1st round picks.

But those picks from the Knicks is going is around pick 16 - 20 unless they have a bad year.

@Hawkmoor I dont know if you are serious or just playing but Nope Nope Nope.

Edited by NekiEcko

5 hours ago, Sothron said:

Update:

We are down to basically two choices:

Take Sarr and get the Wizards to move up to get him. Wizards want him badly. #1 for #2 and #26 or something like that in value. We would take Clingan at #2 or take Risacher for the below scenario.

Take Risacher and either keep him or flip him to the Spurs. This would be like the old Elton Brand for Tyson Chandler trade. The Bulls back then would only do that trade if Curry was there for them at #4 in that draft. When Atlanta...sigh...passed on Gasol by flipping him for SAR the Bulls got their guy and made the trade. If the Hawks had taken Curry or traded it to someone else that took Curry...the Bulls don't do the deal.

So in this case if Clingan is there at 4 the Spurs take him and we swap guys plus pick up our 2025 and 2027 firsts. 

In that scenario we turn Risacher into Clingan and our 2025 and 2027 unprotected firsts back. Spurs still have the pick swap in 2026.

If Clingan is gone...we just keep Risacher. 

This seems to be the current thinking of the FO. Again, this can change. Teams are upping their interest in #1, DJM, Capela and Hunter. I'm hearing teams are making pitches for AJ and Kobe as well.

Houston is the swing draft choice. I wouldn't rule out a separate trade to #3 if this scenario above happens just to get Clingan and give #4 to Houston so they can take Reed.

Just for clarity sake, by the end of the night we will end up with either:

1. Sarr 

2. Either Risacher or Clingan + #26 from Wiz

or

3. Clingan + #26 + our own ‘25 & ‘27 picks back from Spurs

Is that basically it?

As much handwringing as I’ve been doing lately over this draft, I have to feel all three scenarios seem like ultimately positive steps forward. And better returns than when I only expected we would get one pick around 10 pre lottery. 

Should we go ahead and start fighting over who we would want the pick to be at 26? We don’t have a lot of time left and there are a lot of prospects in that range. 

6 hours ago, KB21 said:

Here's what has soured me on Alex Sarr.  Does he not care about developing his weaknesses?  I love the flashes of perimeter ability that he has shown.  Those perimeter flashes, if they become consistent, would really pop if he were a center.  His weaknesses are with doing the things centers typically do.  Does he not realize how good of a player he could be if he were to improve upon those weaknesses while also becoming more consistent with his flashes?  Does he not realize that if he's a four, then he's a lot farther away offensively than he would be if he plays the five?

He sounds like he wants to be a 3.. lol

2 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

In this new CBA, I can see teams do more type of deals since draft picks is like gold right now and I be asking for 3 - 4 1st round picks.

But those picks from the Knicks is going is around pick 16 - 20 unless they have a bad year.

@Hawkmoor I dont know if you are serious or just playing but Nope Nope Nope.

It was a joke, lmao... or would the Hawks do that?

lmao

• Like 2

• Admin
1 minute ago, Sothron said:

Bridges for 4 unprotected firsts and a protected first. Wow. When I was told the market for DJM had went up this should give us all hope we can get something like that. Not just like that but something close

Can you at least reveal the teams looking to make a deal for DJM?

5 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Just for clarity sake, by the end of the night we will end up with either:

1. Sarr 

2. Either Risacher or Clingan + #26 from Wiz

or

3. Clingan + #26 + our own ‘25 & ‘27 picks back from Spurs

Is that basically it?

As much handwringing as I’ve been doing lately over this draft, I have to feel all three scenarios seem like ultimately positive steps forward. And better returns than when I only expected we would get one pick around 10 pre lottery. 

Should we go ahead and start fighting over who we would want the pick to be at 26? We don’t have a lot of time left and there are a lot of prospects in that range. 

8 hours ago, ShayD said:

Some guys at 26 to consider.

Terrence Shannon(Has potential to be a real contributor but may have obstacles to overcome)

Ryan Dunn(Obviously the defense is there, idk about offense)

Jonathan Mogbo(6'8 PF/C, Quin will love him, but he cannot shoot the 3 right now, has potential down the line like OO) 

Justin Edwards(College park project, previous 5 star recruit, 6'8 and a shooter. Could he become a JJ or end up being a Cam Reddish)

Kel el Ware(he might not be there but could drop if teams concerned about character)

Or if you manage to get another lottery pick there are plenty guys they could take a swing on

• Like 1

Just now, Sothron said:

Bridges for 4 unprotected firsts and a protected first. Wow. When I was told the market for DJM had went up this should give us all hope we can get something like that. Not just like that but something close

Bridges is good, but that is a crazy haul. 

I think somebody left the back door unlocked at MSG and Isiah Thomas snuck in and made this trade when no one was looking. 

Considering Bridges hasn’t even made an all star game, I hope the Hawks haven’t signed any trade papers for DJM before this got announced. 

• Thanks 4