• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

1 minute ago, bird_dirt said:

Unrelated to this year’s draft, but I saw this on X and thought it was cool. Former Hawk draft prospect Dr. J playing for the Hawks against the Kentucky Colonels. 

Maybe we’ll have a little more luck with this year’s draft. 

Well, there is proof aliens and Inspector Gadget both existed.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Everyone, it seems, talk bad about any and all those 1st picks that the Hawks may take, yet when I mention Zach Edey, suddenly your favorite pick looks so much better.  Imagine that!  All their projected faults fade away!  

😄

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Aye @Spud2nique, I know I said I'd try to listen to nbaradio for some tidbits but sorry.  Ain' no way I'm listening to all-Knik radio the next few hours.  My ears can't take it. 

Screw the Nova Nix. The curse of Patrick Ewing is still there, they won’t win. 

24 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The only way they f*** up is if they draft Zach Edey.  

edey absolutely dominated a lot of centers that are both looking good in the NBA right now or are projected to get drafted in the next few days. i know he showed that he couldn't do anything outside of 3 feet away from the rim in college, but maybe he was so dominant and efficient there, that he was asked not to? if we're hoping alex sarr can develop a bit more, why can't we hope the same for edey?

and to be clear, i'm not advocating for us to draft edey. i'm just playing devil's advocate. i think there's more of a shot he's a baller than most folks here believe

Edited by therealist
  • Thanks 1

Draft one of the French players and call it a day..trade number 1 to wizards and get extra pick and take the other one..don't take clingman will be injured alot..hopefully they have another trade in the works..fingers crossed they don't screw it up but look at who we are..the Hawks 

1 minute ago, therealist said:

edey absolutely dominated a lot of centers that are both looking good in the NBA right now or are projected to get drafted in the next few days. i know he showed that he couldn't do anything outside of 3 feet away from the rim in college, but maybe he was so dominant and efficient there, that he was asked not to? if we're hoping alex sarr can develop a bit more, why can't we hope the same for edey?

and to be clear, i'm not advocating for us to draft edey. i'm just playing devil's advocate. i think there's more of a shot he's a baller than most folks here believe

Maybe get him if we can pick up another pick

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, therealist said:

He pretty much dominated college ball. How bad could he be? He could certainly punish teams when they go small, at the very least.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, therealist said:

There is no chance he plays more than 15 mpg in the NBA.  He can’t defend.  At all.  

18 hours ago, ShayD said:

Some guys at 26 to consider.

Terrence Shannon(Has potential to be a real contributor but may have obstacles to overcome)

Ryan Dunn(Obviously the defense is there, idk about offense)

Jonathan Mogbo(6'8 PF/C, Quin will love him, but he cannot shoot the 3 right now, has potential down the line like OO) 

Justin Edwards(College park project, previous 5 star recruit, 6'8 and a shooter. Could he become a JJ or end up being a Cam Reddish)

Kel el Ware(he might not be there but could drop if teams concerned about character)

Or if you manage to get another lottery pick there are plenty guys they could take a swing on

If @Sothron’s hypotheticals materialize and 26 becomes available to us, then @ShayD’s list of players who may be available is pretty good. 

I’ve surprisingly seen Kyle Filipowski fall into the 20s, which would be a great pick. I also like Tyler Smith or maybe @KB21’s boy Ulrich Chomche. 

What happened to Isaiah Collier? He was often projected at number one, but now a late frp.

Of course, we could also grab Bronny James and see just how much the Lakers really value him. 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, therealist said:

The easy answer? Alex Sarr is 19 years old and has one season of "real basketball" under his belt. I don't count any of those weird Gleague teams. 

Zach Edey is 22 years old and played 4 years of college ball. 

Im not trying to wage into this fight, but that is a pretty universally accepted argument. Edey is a hell of a lot closer to his finished product.

Edited by Afro
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

There is no chance he plays more than 15 mpg in the NBA.  He can’t defend.  At all.  

he's ivica zubac at bare minimum.  zubac has his faults, and for better or worse gets more than 15 mpg on the clippers. but the value is there against certain matchups. even if edey only plays 15 mpg, that's still value. he's matchup dependent, but most centers in the NBA these days are. he'll get exposed by small lineups, since he can't switch onto anyone, but against other big lineups? he's getting buckets

• Like 1

Just now, Afro said:

The easy answer? Alex Sarr is 19 years old and has one season of "real basketball" under his belt. I don't count any of those weird Gleague teams. 

Zach Edey is 22 years old and played 4 years of college ball. 

Im not trying to wage into this fight, but that is a pretty universally accepted argument. Edey is a hell of a lot closer to his finished product.

that's a good point

• Like 1

1 minute ago, therealist said:

he's ivica zubac at bare minimum.  zubac has his faults, and for better or worse gets more than 15 mpg on the clippers. but the value is there against certain matchups. even if edey only plays 15 mpg, that's still value. he's matchup dependent, but most centers in the NBA these days are. he'll get exposed by small lineups, since he can't switch onto anyone, but against other big lineups? he's getting buckets

He’s more Boban than Zubac.  Lacks skill.  

10 hours ago, kg01 said:

I mean yall know idgaf about picks but dayng that's too much.

WackAdam needs to tweak the Stepien rule.  This violates the spirit of that rule. 

I don't think picks have the value people think they do.  I mean, Knicks first round picks are not going to be very good ones given the team they have assembled.  The whole lot of them might have the value of 2 lottery picks at best.  Or one #1 overall.  Obviously the Nets got a great return, but they have a lot of work to do to assemble a contender.  And I hear they want to throw all in to get Durant (again)?!?  What year do they think it is?

• Thanks 1