• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

21 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

And if he's a huge bust, HawkSquawk servers will collapse on themselves from the NBA world linking to Supes and your posts about him 😂

This is a 7’5” big who teams finish at the rim at a 61% clip against.  For comparison, teams finish at the rim against Clingan at a 43% clip.    So, he’s not a strong rim protector.  He can t close out.  He can’t recover fast enough in drop to make a difference.  He can’t switch.  He can’t guard on the perimeter.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

This is a 7’5” big who teams finish at the rim at a 61% clip against.  For comparison, teams finish at the rim against Clingan at a 43% clip.    So, he’s not a strong rim protector.  He can t close out.  He can’t recover fast enough in drop to make a difference.  He can’t switch.  He can’t guard on the perimeter.  

So you disagree with back to back National championship coach Dan Hurley (who says Edey is a lottery pick and will be successful in the NBA)?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

This x1000. DJ value only goes down from here with a healthy Trae. Back to the Grimes and a 2nd level.

Spot on.  DJM is as valuable now as he will ever be.  Trae value is a bit depressed because we aren't winning.  Must move DJM regardless of anything else, for fair value, or the offseason is a bust.  

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

Since faced them, the Knicks have added (outside of the draft and ignoring irrelevant players):

Jalen Brunson

Josh Hart

Donte DiVincenzo

Precious Achiuwa

OG Anunoby

Bojan Bogdanovic

Mikal Bridges

Atlanta has added:

DJM

Bey

They definitely have improved their roster, I'm still not sure it gets them a championship, but they haven't been reluctant to try.

8 minutes ago, JTB said:

Just saw that the warriors are planning to offer Paul George a max contract. 

we can count the hawks out on PG running. Wouldn’t make sense for him to come down south if he can stay west and play with warriors if he were to move from the clippers 

They gonna have to package Wiggins and Chris Paul so it's dependent on the Clips wanting that.

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Yep

You're dedicated. I'll give you that.

So far we've had, "I know better than"

Supes

Camp

Rasheed Wallace

Dan Hurley

Insert countless tweets, video authors we've linked here.

Your position isn't "overvalued" or "game doesn't translate" and therefore wont be as good in the pros as in college (the take of most of those saying he should fall). These are wrong but acceptable takes. No, your position is bust, bad, won't get a second contract. 

Like I hope you see how extreme, unlikely that position is?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Supes

Camp

Rasheed Wallace

Dan Hurley

Your position isn't "overvalued" or "game doesn't translate" and therefore wont be as good in the pros as in college (the take of most of those saying he should fall). These are wrong but acceptable takes. No, your position is bust, bad, won't get a second contract. 

Go read David Aldridge’s latest piece about the bigs in the draft.  You will see comments on Edey such as can’t defend the PNR, won’t be the offensive force in the NBA that he was in college, not mobile enough…etc.  

1 minute ago, mountainjim said:

Our 'insiders' been saying this week that the market was excellent for DM - guess the Mikial haul caused Hawks to ask for more, other team(s) said no, so now the Hawks are saying we keep him.

Probably posturing before we cave later for a crappy DM deal, because pressure is on Hawks not to run it back.

So now we're keeping DJM? I'm just last on all this mess.  They gonna run it back? This is going to be good and terrible.

3 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Supes

Camp

Rasheed Wallace

Dan Hurley

To be 100% fair, Rasheed Wallace said he would take Tayshaun Prince over Kevin Durant and Chauncy Billups over Steph Curry. Not really a great evaluator of talent. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, deester11 said:

Wait. I know I’m not missing something. There’s no way in eternal Hell that Edey is in discussion for the number one pick in this draft. He may sneak into the lottery, but you guys are being really comical thinking that Edey is number one picking his draft.

I know no one said that..but still.

The answer has always been (in trade down scenarios) at 7,8,9,12,13,14,15,16,17. All places he could go and could be traded for.

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Go read David Aldridge’s latest piece about the bigs in the draft.  You will see comments on Edey such as can’t defend the PNR, won’t be the offensive force in the NBA that he was in college, not mobile enough…etc.  

Can't defend the pnr is a far cry from "can't defend period"...which is the position you've stated repeatedly.