• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

8 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Wait. I know I’m not missing something. There’s no way in eternal Hell that Edey is in discussion for the number one pick in this draft. He may sneak into the lottery, but you guys are being really comical thinking that Edey is number one picking his draft.

I know no one said that..but still.

Let me give you a very real scenario. You keep 1 and roll the dice with Risacher, Sarr, Clingan (who Edey manhandled), hoping.they develop. Or you trade down to 4/8 and take Buzelis hoping he develops and then take Edey @8. IMHO, Buzelis + Edey > any 1 of the top prospects. Or sub Sheppard or any other who falls to 4.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, mountainjim said:

Our 'insiders' been saying this week that the market was excellent for DM - guess the Mikial haul caused Hawks to ask for more, other team(s) said no, so now the Hawks are saying we keep him.

Probably posturing before we cave later for a crappy DM deal, because pressure is on Hawks not to run it back.

This is the outcome of such incredible deals; teams will always desire more. However, no insiders have indicated that both will be retained, with only a few individuals on X confirming this. As I've mentioned, if the same lineup starts the opening game, it's likely that Trae will depart after the next year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Let me give you a very real scenario. You keep 1 and roll the dice with Risacher, Sarr, Clingan (who Edey manhandled), hoping.they develop. Or you trade down to 4/8 and take Buzelis hoping he develops and then take Edey @8. IMHO, Buzelis + Edey > any 1 of the top prospects. Or sub Sheppard or any other who falls to 4.

Buzelis is your guy at 4?  He is intriguing.

The Atlanta Hawks have worked out Donovan Clingan and Matas Buzelis. And despite failing to get Alex Sarr in the building, sources tell Bleacher Report that Sarr is higher on Atlanta's board than both.

Still, Zaccharie Risacher remains the projected pick at No. 1 if the Hawks stick.

From Wasserman for what it's worth

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Ok. That scenario doesn't bother me one bit.  I kinda like that.  

• Like 1

• Admin
18 minutes ago, thecampster said:

We draft Sheppard then Trae and DJM has to go … mini me backcourt won’t work 

• Like 1