2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

2 minutes ago, deester11 said:

That would be a terrible decision. 

IMG_5135.gif

Vegas is nearly certain that we are taking Risacher.  He is -400 to go 1st, Clingan +350 and Sarr is now +750.  Trades are very hard to come together so I think this is the most likely scenario that we end up with Risacher and nothing else.  

I hope I'm dead wrong on the guy because I just don't see it.  There are at least 5 other guys I would take over him.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

hace 49 minutos, AHF dijo:

Since faced them, the Knicks have added (outside of the draft and ignoring irrelevant players):

Jalen Brunson

Josh Hart

Donte DiVincenzo

Precious Achiuwa

OG Anunoby

Bojan Bogdanovic

Mikal Bridges

Atlanta has added:

DJM

Bey

Definately Di Vincenzo, Anunoby and Bridges would have been fantastic additions to our roster

• Premium Member
Just now, theheroatl said:

Once again, what does Quin value the most... 3 point shooting..

Sheppard or Risacher will be the pick

Yeah, still leaning towards take Risacher myself.  I'd rather try to get a high end role player in an archetype that is hard to find than get a tall drop center with limited offense.  Love Clingans attitude and personality but I'd rather have a good shooting wing for Quin and the staff to develop into a high end role player.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Definately Di Vincenzo, Anunoby and Bridges would have been fantastic additions to our roster

Di Vincenzo would not really make sense for us to acquire with Trae/DJ/Bogi/Bufkin on the roster.  The others are all in NY because that's explicitly where they want to be and they have connections to help get them there.  It's a reductive comparison AHF is making in the first place that requires significant unpacking to draw any meaningful conclusions from.

23 minutes ago, ABH said:

Im gonna miss the 1st part of draft.. 

I got me a PT job 2 nights a week after 8 yrs of boredom.. lol

I retired early from Dow Chemical.... 

Im gonna turn my phone off until I get home, so I wont peak at what happened.. 😀

Hawksquawk should be crunk by then.. 😂

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Yeah, still leaning towards take Risacher myself.  I'd rather try to get a high end role player in an archetype that is hard to find than get a tall drop center with limited offense.  Love Clingans attitude and personality but I'd rather have a good shooting wing for Quin and the staff to develop into a high end role player.

1 minute ago, Bonzaii58 said:

I wouldn’t be upset at all if we got Sheppard. We could probably focus on a big like Claxton to fill Capela’s void. 

Yeah, honestly, I'm kind of luke warm on all of our options and do not have strong feelings going into this draft.  More just interested to see how the front office plays their hand in the whole offseason.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KB21 said:

IMG_6504.jpeg.6335a9544ddc9dbb5bef491287d05781.jpeg

So this is the NBA version of Meet the Graham's ?😂 

Just now, lethalweapon3 said:

As long as we finally get a pass rusher, I'm good.

Oop! Sorry, wrong team forum.

~lw3

Hey man....Penix can Hoop

Edited by HawksNWaffles
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

As long as we finally get a pass rusher, I'm good.

Oop! Sorry, wrong team forum.

~lw3

I can easily envision the ridicule we'll face if we select a guard with the number one pick. However, this is Atlanta, where nonsensical events seem to occur regardless.

• Like 1