• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

4 minutes ago, JTB said:

Tonight will be a night to remember.

I will always support the hawks but if we get this offseason wrong I will be a fan from afar!

im very serious about that. I can’t watch them rebuild again, this time with no draft capital or cap space. 

The pressure is really on Landry and his FO team. I bet Resseler is staying out of it because it’s entirely too crucial. Hes not going to allow Trae to walk more then likely and that’s about the only good thing about resseler in my opinion at this point. 
other then that, stay out of it.

Most fans are about done..which I don't blame them..fake fan since 86

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, JTB said:

Tonight will be a night to remember.

I will always support the hawks but if we get this offseason wrong I will be a fan from afar!

im very serious about that. I can’t watch them rebuild again, this time with no draft capital or cap space. 

The pressure is really on Landry and his FO team. I bet Resseler is staying out of it because it’s entirely too crucial. Hes not going to allow Trae to walk more then likely and that’s about the only good thing about resseler in my opinion at this point. 
other then that, stay out of it.

I agree and have been a fan for decades. I did the same thing to the Falcons after they loss the superbowl I shall not speak of again 😅

If they screw up the draft and haven’t made a major move in FA by this time next week I hope will dwindle into into the abyss. 

• Like 1

So, here’s what I think.  I think the Hawks want Clingan, but I think they are having trouble reconciling taking him with the first pick.  They hope a trade down materializes.  The issue there is that Houston may take him at 3 and then use Sengun in a trade for Durant.  There is no guarantee he will fall to 4, and that’s their line trade down option right now.  I don’t think they are being offered what they want.  So, they are internally debating taking Clingan vs Risacher vs Sarr if they stay at one, and I think they are probably having a hard time justifying any of them with that pick.  

In the end, I think they go ahead and take Clingan.  

11 minutes ago, AHF said:

I had this as my signature for so long that I feel a sense of ownership whenever I see it, lol.

Just be patient.  In a couple of years that might be Ressler and Fields after the way this draft is gonna go down.  I can see it coming.  This draft is gonna be polarizing. 

One more thing.  I REALLY did know Atlanta Spirit Ownership Group wasn't gonna work out.  Its common sense.  Too many cooks in the kitchen and the Hawks were basically a "toy" for a bunch of rich guys.  I knew the moment the NBA sold that team to them it wasn't gonna work.  This isn't Monday morning quarterbacking either. I really DID say to myself that it wasn't gonna work so I wasn't surprised at all about it ending.  The "sueing"each other part did surprise me though.  lmao. I didn't see THAT coming, lmao.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, AHF said:

I had this as my signature for so long that I feel a sense of ownership whenever I see it, lol.

You were in the courtroom for one side or the other and took the picture (or at least as legend has it), and you were alert enough to snap the picture (as we did in those days)... so yeah, you should feel ownership. Deserved.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, KB21 said:

So, they are internally debating taking Clingan vs Risacher vs Sarr if they stay at one, and I think they are probably having a hard time justifying any of them with that pick.  
In the end, I think they  you want them to go ahead and take Clingan.  

Corrected that for you, lmao

Edited by Hawkmoor

14 minutes ago, KB21 said:

So, here’s what I think.  I think the Hawks want Clingan, but I think they are having trouble reconciling taking him with the first pick.  They hope a trade down materializes.  The issue there is that Houston may take him at 3 and then use Sengun in a trade for Durant.  There is no guarantee he will fall to 4, and that’s their line trade down option right now.  I don’t think they are being offered what they want.  So, they are internally debating taking Clingan vs Risacher vs Sarr if they stay at one, and I think they are probably having a hard time justifying any of them with that pick.  

In the end, I think they go ahead and take Clingan.  

Don't think he will stay healthy and we don't need another dre