• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JTB said:

And we have some complaining about Traes contract.

these guys are getting paid! End of story.

I have learned not to be overly concerned about salaries anymore - every off season when I thing salaries will stay in line....it's spend, spend, spend.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, JTB said:

And we have some complaining about Traes contract.

these guys are getting paid! End of story.

It is kind of like with QBs (other positions too, but they get the headlines) getting new contracts. Each top QB who gets a new contract becomes the highest paid QB lol. Then they complain that so and so makes more than them, but forget a couple of years ago they were the highest paid. Salary caps go up, players salaries go up too. 

• Like 1

Just now, cam1218 said:

It is kind of like with QBs (other positions too, but they get the headlines) getting new contracts. Each top QB who gets a new contract becomes the highest paid QB lol. Then they complain that so and so makes more than them, but forget a couple of years ago they were the highest paid. Salary caps go up, players salaries go up too. 

We could pay more and still not get any free agents to come here..we need to hit a few players in the draft..and hopefully in a trade tonight..need to mix things up this season

Just now, sturt said:

perfumeddisguisedbullfrog-size_restricte

Some will start drinking tonight

Ok I'll be happy with

Sarr, Risacher, Clingan, Sheppard

I've gone through the emotions of each of those picks. If they trade out, that's when I'll be mad.

If we are trying to get a 2025 or 2026 pick what is that going to tell us.. they are going to start tanking?

Please no.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 2

hace 2 horas, JeffS17 dijo:

Di Vincenzo would not really make sense for us to acquire with Trae/DJ/Bogi/Bufkin on the roster.  The others are all in NY because that's explicitly where they want to be and they have connections to help get them there.  It's a reductive comparison AHF is making in the first place that requires significant unpacking to draw any meaningful conclusions from.

Well I think DiVincenzo would be a good fit with Trae, much better than DJM. That is the kind of Player champions teams have. He was really cheap for NY.