• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

6 minutes ago, warcore said:

I've never been a user of Cisco.... but I was always downin' JOOSE back in the 2000's. Who remembers JOOSE!?!?! My favorite was the purple one. 

I had to google Joose.  Looks like its marketed to the "hood" like Cisco was.  Whats funny about Cisco is that it was like any other "fad" at first.  EVERYBODY was talking about it at first, then suddenly it just disappeared.  Wine Coolers were the rage at first (this was back in the mid to late 1980s) when they first dropped into the market.  Cisco came out around the same time but folks didn't really start drinking it until the early 1990s when it suddenly became a hot fad that lasted a few months lol.  

The manufacturors and Surgeon General had to issue a warning that Cisco is NOT a wine cooler.  It really does start off like a wine cooler or more like a "Schnapps" type drink because its thicker than a wine cooler.  You feel REAL GOOD for a few minutes and start wondering what all the fuss is about.  About 30 minutes in you realize that rumors are facts but its too late by then. Its just a matter now of what you are gonna do and who is gonna stop you.  Followed the next few days by a hangover that felt like Godzilla stomped on your head all night.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, terrell said:

Bobby Marks just said Murray has more trade value than Trae right now..

Yes because of the lower salary. He makes $18 million less than Trae. That's a lot of extra salary to be able to throw at someone.  

Trade for Trae, you have to send out more salary (ie, 2 good players) and draft picks.
Trae for DJM, you only have to send out 1 good player and draft picks.  its a much better value proposition.  Doesn't mean he's better, he's just 62% of the cost.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Let me roll my weed up ..I know these bastards bout to piss me off …I’ll tear the entire SWATS apart if I’m sober

Let me roll my weed up ..I know these bastards bout to piss me off …I’ll tear the entire SWATS apart if I’m sober

Let me roll my gas up ..I know these bastards bout to piss me off …I’ll tear the entire SWATS apart if I’m sober

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Let me roll my gas up ..I know these bastards bout to piss me off …I’ll tear the entire SWATS apart if I’m sober

1307553144_dancing_while_arrested.gif

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Yes because of the lower salary. He makes $18 million less than Trae. That's a lot of extra salary to be able to throw at someone.  

Trade for Trae, you have to send out more salary (ie, 2 good players) and draft picks.
Trae for DJM, you only have to send out 1 good player and draft picks.  its a much better value proposition.  Doesn't mean he's better, he's just 62% of the cost.

Any updates, Camp?  Still feeling the same as yesterday?  

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

I wouldn't mind that if we came out of it with Dyson (pipedream is Herb), Tate, #3, and future draft capital for DJ and Clint.  That would allow us to draft Risacher and Clingan.  If we re-sign Vit and pickup Matthews option, we'd essentially only have 1 roster spot left outside the 2wp.  That might mean Bey isn't retained, but we'd go from wing shortage to more depth. 

1 minute ago, Dragitoff said:

I wouldn't mind that if we came out of it with Dyson (pipedream is Herb), Tate, #3, and future draft capital for DJ and Clint.  That would allow us to draft Risacher and Clingan.  If we re-sign Vit and pickup Matthews option, we'd essentially only have 1 roster spot left outside the 2wp.  That might mean Bey isn't retained, but we'd go from wing shortage to more depth. 

A lot of salary to fill… curious how it would look.  I hope we move DJ for more than a high draft pick in this draft.  

4 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

A lot of salary to fill… curious how it would look.  I hope we move DJ for more than a high draft pick in this draft.  

Houston has capspace so they can absorb most of Ingram's salary.  It's a cost-cutting move for 2 budget conscience franchises (NO and ATL) while giving HOU another scorer.