• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

I like reed but come on y’all, we have learned this lesson already! We need to put length and height around Trae.

we have that opportunity let’s not f*** it up!

29 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Well we really need size and defense, 2 players provide that, Sarr and Clingan, I am happy with any of them. But passing on these players for Risacher, Reed or Castle that are average at best would be a complete non sense.

Thanks! 

• Like 1

All this tippy toeing.  I see exactly whats going on now.  Thats why the Hawks are saying no to Sarr AND Ingram.  Its been hinted at on the radio (92.9) that Sarr wants to be the focus on whatever team he is drafted to and knows Atlanta is concentrating on Trae still being the centerpiece.  Risacher and Clingan would be small parts of a whole. Ingram or Sarr would demand the ball.

Edited by Hawkmoor

4 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

All this tippy toeing.  I see exactly whats going on now.  Thats why the Hawks are saying no to Sarr AND Ingram.  Its been hinted at on the radio (92.9) that Sarr wants to be the focus on whatever team he is drafted to and knows Atlanta is concentrating on Trae still being the centerpiece.  Risacher and Clingan would be small parts of a whole. Ingram or Sarr would demand the ball.

I admittedly have not followed Ingram’s career, but I thought he was more a shooter, secondary player (and did it well) when NOLA had a decent PG. 

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

those talks have happened, actually. It takes more than #3 to get Murray tho. that's not "filler". 

Yes! #3 and additional quality… let’s go

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

I admittedly have not followed Ingram’s career, but I thought he was more a shooter, secondary player (and did it well) when NOLA had a decent PG. 

He is a player that likes the ball in his hands.  He has more efficient numbers when he's had a real PG, but last year, NO was using McCollum at PG and earlier in his career Lonzo was hurt so he assumed the primary ball-handler roles with those respective teams.  He's a big iso mid-range guy.  He's good at that, but with Trae, it's DJ all over again, even if a taller player. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Hawkish said:

Exactly.  You bring Ingram in (and apparently Sarr) and Quin has to ditch Trae as the primary scorer and spread the ball.  I believe the inability to move Trae in a trade has caused the Hawks to do their homework on Risacher and Clingan for that reason.  Trae remains the primary scorer and ball handler.  The Trae Stans know this, lmao

42 minutes ago, terrell said:

Bobby Marks just said Murray has more trade value than Trae right now..

As he should.  He is locked up for 4 years on an incredible contract and he is a likely all-star and all-defensive candidate as the starting PG.  

We should be getting 3 first rounders for him IMO

• Like 1

hace 8 minutos, Sothron dijo:

those talks have happened, actually. It takes more than #3 to get Murray tho. that's not "filler". 

If that is the case I am fine with 3, Herb Jones and filler and I really think is a fair trade, at 1 we select Sarr and then I am fine with whoever Falls to 3, Clingan or Risacher.

9 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

Yes! #3 and additional quality… let’s go

Ingram is a ball stopper who doesn’t want to shoot threes. 

8 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

If that is the case I am fine with 3, Herb Jones and filler and I really think is a fair trade, at 1 we select Sarr and then I am fine with whoever Falls to 3, Clingan or Risacher.

I don't see how we can take Sarr and Clingan unless we are moving both OO and Capela. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

nothing I can share in public has changed since last night. FWIW this is just me the fan talking I think it is 60% Risacher 40% Clingan at this point for #1.

Are you Landry?  Saying alot while simultaneously saying nothing at all?  JK, but it is wild how many smokescreens are out right now!

• Haha 2

• Admin
1 minute ago, Sothron said:

nothing I can share in public has changed since last night. FWIW this is just me the fan talking I think it is 60% Risacher 40% Clingan at this point for #1.

I feel like Clingon at one is a fail.  He seems like a solid role player but he not number one.  We should be drafting him if we trade back where we also get other compensation

• Like 3