• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

13 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

As he should.  He is locked up for 4 years on an incredible contract and he is a likely all-star and all-defensive candidate as the starting PG.  

We should be getting 3 first rounders for him IMO

From who though?  Other teams know Trae and DJ did not work.  I would be that if Landry could come away with Clingan and a nice young player for DJ, he would do it in a heartbeat. 

5 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I feel like Clingon at one is a fail.  He seems like a solid role player but he not number one.  We should be drafting him if we trade back where we also get other compensation

Being a role player is the likely outcome of any player we could take at 1.  

• Like 2

hace 1 minuto, Dragitoff dijo:

I don't see how we can take Sarr and Clingan unless we are moving both OO and Capela. 

I think we are moving Capela, I am fine keeping OO, in fact we would need to cut Bruno and find a stretch 5.

Trae/Bufkin

?/Bogi

Herb Jones/Hunter/Gueye

JJ/Sarr/Gueye

OO/Clingan

I would try to sign Melton and another shooter and with the money saved from Murray and Capela. I would also look to add Bamba as stretch 5.

Probably at frontcourt I see JJ and Clingan as a good fit. Also OO and Sarr, Sarr playing the stretch 5 and OO as PF. I like also the Sarr/Clingan and JJ/ Sarr. The one I like less is JJ/OO as IS undersized in my opinion.

16 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

If that is the case I am fine with 3, Herb Jones and filler and I really think is a fair trade, at 1 we select Sarr and then I am fine with whoever Falls to 3, Clingan or Risacher.

Herb AND 3?  Not a chance.  I do not think the Pelicans trade Herb straight up for DJ.  Herb's contract is even better than DJ and he is young as well as a 1st team NBA Defensive player.  Maybe something like #3 and Daniels or another of their younger players (Hawkins maybe?).

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

As he should.  He is locked up for 4 years on an incredible contract and he is a likely all-star and all-defensive candidate as the starting PG.  

We should be getting 3 first rounders for him IMO

Not if Trae is who y'all say he is...

Edited by terrell
  • Confused 1

I am sure we are just going to take Risacher and not make any other moves.  😠

The dude is 15 lbs less than KD coming out of college.  WTF.  He isn't close to being ready, and his upside isn't even that great. 

I'd almost rather take Castle and hope his jumper develops.

Edited by AtLaS
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Sothron said:

nothing I can share in public has changed since last night. FWIW this is just me the fan talking I think it is 60% Risacher 40% Clingan at this point for #1.

Since you have Sarr at 0%, does that mean the first trade scenario you mentioned with Washington is pretty much dead? Or am I reading too much into that 😆

11 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

I am sure we are just going to take Risacher and not make any other moves.  😠

The dude is 15 lbs less than KD coming out of college.  WTF.  He isn't close to being ready, and his upside isn't even that great. 

Horrid ball handler.

Limited shot creator.

Another prospect advertised as a versatile 1-4 defender but when you watch the tape you can see he is anything but. He is strictly a big wing defender. Like Hunter, he is going to struggle against smaller quicker players

Edited by Marvin24Williams
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

Even if we don't want Sarr (I do), we know Washington does.  Why wouldn't we at least shoehorn an extra first out of them to get their guy? 

Because Washington would have to buy the bullsh*t we're trying to sell first 😆