• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member

The thing that nobody is really talking about is  What are the stars talking about behind the scenes?

After the DJ signing, Trae is excited to start the season. 

I don't think that's about the signing.   I think he's excited about the signing but starting the season excites him for another reason.   Trae is the type of player that gets excited when he finishes a play.   So is it fair to say he's excited because we're getting a finisher?

Or  could he be excited about JJ stepping up as a starter?

Or is it because of Quin's coaching?

I don't know... but something is going on.

• Premium Member
Just now, teflondonny said:

Have the Hawks officially confirmed any of the trades so far? 

You know.. since ESPN has laid off so many people, there are less lurkers here on the squawk..

Oh... The answer to your question is no.

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
Just now, thecampster said:

JJ's limitations

skinnier than you'd like from a 4

inconsistent outside shooting

plays like he's in NBA2k22 (risk taking).

AJ's limitations

height

lateral speed (defense)

lack of burst (offense)

JJ's can be coached, AJ's limitation are all DNA.

That said, I like both.  You need each on a team...1 sniper and 1 game changer.

Passivity (JJ plays a bit scared occasionally)

Athleticism - there is no comparison.  JJ is a far superior athlete.

The only legit con on AJ you have is lateral speed. 

6'6" is plenty tall.   

On offense, it's about what you want him to do.   He's not a slasher.  He's a shooter.  There's this guy named Joe Johnson.  He was an allstar about 7 times for the Hawks.   AJ has the same lateral burst that Joe Had.   The thing is the shooting overcomes most everything. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

what-chu-talkin-bout-what-you-talking-ab

Most likely 99 percent of the current Hawks don't like playing with him but are not gonna come out publically and say it.  You see where that got two head coaches and a GM didn't you? Most of his CURRENT teammates don't wanna play with him.  Folks keep trying to ignore and reinvent history with Trae as if we done forgot whats really going on with the Hawks:

Trae Young's feud with coach Nate McMillan could continue to escalate. However, it seems like Atlanta Hawks players may not be on his teammate's side this time.

https://bolavip.com/en/nba/NBA-News-Hawks-players-dont-side-with-Trae-Young-in-beef-with-Nate-McMillan-20221206-0015.html

Head Coach Nate McMillan And Some Of Hawks Players Don't Like Trae Young

Earlier, it was reported that Young and coach Nate McMillan appeared to have a falling out amid what has been a rather up-and-down season for the Hawks, and a recent update adds some unnamed players in the mix.

https://fadeawayworld.net/nba-media/head-coach-nate-mcmillan-and-some-of-hawks-players-dont-like-trae-young

Super speculative articles here. Did Trae have some growing pains and maturity issues to work through?  Sure, just like a lot of young guys but I’ve heard a lot more positives directly from his teammates’ mouths and Dejounte put his money where his mouth is so those actions speak louder than these words do to me. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Well that's the thing, It's hard to trade a star unless they want to be traded. Their agents can easily kill the teams leverage, just as Siakam has done, by declaring he wont sign an extension. Or they stating they will only accept such and such a role with the new team, etc. If KAT tells Trae Young he's not interested in coming to Atlanta, then guess what, that trade is dead. That's just how it goes. 

Towns is under contract, no leverage.  Lillard really has no leverage.  No sure why the media is painting the picture that he does.

Long story long, the circumstances you're highlighting don't really apply here.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Et tu KG?

I don't think you can find another AJ easily.  At 19, he's already built like a basketball god.   He's shooting at a Korver level. He is not afraid of Big moments.  He can also put the ball on the floor and he has every intangible down except Defense and passing. 

JJ is gifted.   He has a great phsique.  However, a lot of his game is based on his athleticism.   He do have two things going for him...  Passing and high motor.   He is in the Draymond mold a little... because he can pass.  His defense is not great.   His position is not set.  

Both players are gifted.. but I don't think you can find another AJ.   He's got superstar potential. 

There's a lot of players that can do what AJ does.  Not a lot that can do what JJ does at his size.  He's a unic...(no, kg, don't say it, don't be that guy...)

Ok, ok ...

He's a unicorn!  There, I said it.

😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Yah, don't take anything I say on AJ as a knock. He's going to have a good career, but JJ's extremely young and has skills you can't teach.  That makes him valuable.  An improved 3 point stroke makes him a terrifying cover for most 4's.

I see a world where JJ is pump faking at the 3 point line to get his man in the air, blows by him to attack the basket for an and 1.  JJ is Toppin with handles and vision. He's just not done baking yet.

So what you're saying is the pursuit of Siakam or Townes make no sense. You already have your potential star on the team already. This feeling out period is more of a moratorium on Trae than it is the younger players.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Yah, don't take anything I say on AJ as a knock. He's going to have a good career, but JJ's extremely young and has skills you can't teach.  That makes him valuable.  An improved 3 point stroke makes him a terrifying cover for most 4's.

I see a world where JJ is pump faking at the 3 point line to get his man in the air, blows by him to attack the basket for an and 1.  JJ is Toppin with handles and vision. He's just not done baking yet.

If you replace JJ with AJ in the hypothetical KAT deals getting posted, does it still happen? The way I'm reading them from the other insiders is that it's Bey and JJ they want. Again, I really like all 3 of JJ, AJ, and OO, but I'm not hesitating to trade JJ for KAT and I, personally, like the fits the others have on the team with KAT a little more.

1 hour ago, ShooterSays said:

Put a fork in it.

Even if nothing else big happens this summer, it's pretty clear our front office wants a 3rd superstar and when one becomes available, we are well positioned with young talent to be at the front of that line.

Pascal doesn't want Atlanta?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Towns is under contract, no leverage.  Lillard really has no leverage.  No sure why the media is painting the picture that he does.

Long story long, the circumstances you're highlighting don't really apply here.

Yea, he is under contact. A supermax that pays him 50 million plus annually. That gives him leverage, fair or not. 

46 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

AJ is a flamethrower from 3 that can score at all 3 levels. If this KAT deal goes through, he's more valuable for team building when it comes time to trade and replace Bogi.

Also have to get some to replace JJ and bey

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, ABH said:

Also have to get some to replace JJ and bey

OO starts at the 4. B/U signed via MLE.

KAT plays the 4 on offense and OO takes the tougher match up on defense. 

Trae/DJM/Hunter/OO/KAT

• Thanks 1