• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Free Agency 06/30 at 6PM

JayBirdHawk

17 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Any need to pry Oladipo loose from OKC? We got DM, Bogi and AJ. Prolly not. 🤷‍♀️ 

11:43 p.m. ET: The Miami Heat are trading forward Victor Oladipo to the Oklahoma City Thunder for draft compensation, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. The Thunder will take on Oladipo's $9.45 million salary and his expiring contract. Miami creates a trade exception of $9.45M with the deal.

Why you need another guy that can't ever finish a season? 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I just have to add that myself and a few others said JC's contract was not bad and in the new CBA it would be basically a bargain.

Look at the deals being given out. JC's contract is an outright steal at this point. And we gave him away for nothing. Literally nothing. 

Hawks cant pay Everybody..

Edited by terrell

Players I want that are still left:

KJ Martin (unrestricted)

Paul Reed (unrestricted)

Jeff Green (unrestricted)

Jaxson Hayes (unrestricted)

Terrence Ross (unrestricted)

Thats about it for me. Everyone else through trade.

• Like 2

The only 2 players I want are Mo bamba and Thomas Bryant and in that order. I think we really need a stretch big to pair with OO and a big with size that can defend, Bamba is an incredible fit with OO and Bryant is a good player

3 hours ago, Sothron said:

Murray will make far more not signing an extension with us and waiting to sign a new deal next offseason. Hopefully for us. My guess is he isn't invested in staying here then he'll be traded no later than the deadline this upcoming season. 

FWIW the FO loves him, Trae loves him, the guys on the team love him, the coach loves him. And he loves Atlanta and what we gave up to get him. I fully expect him to stay here unless we trade him for some kind of upgrade on the roster. Which honestly I don't think will happen.

We can't afford two PGs making the max. Man, just trade him to Toronto for Siakam and call it a day. 

• Like 1

I just have to add that myself and a few others said JC's contract was not bad and in the new CBA it would be basically a bargain.

Look at the deals being given out. JC's contract is an outright steal at this point. And we gave him away for nothing. Literally nothing. 

JC contract is not a steal. It was horrible and still is horrible. This is where JC stans continue to miss at. No one cares about offensive minded 4s who have zero defensive versatility unless they are offensively elite. 

JC should have gotten 5/75. No one values his prototype outside of Hawk fans who only care about offense. The rest of the NBA sees him for what he is. 

• Like 1

Actually...they could. Ressler is the 10th richest NBA owner. We should be frankly easily paying the LT to not waste Trae's prime years. Going into the new CBA 2nd apron is easy to avoid. The penalty for being in the first apron isn't bad at all honestly.

But yes, I'm talking like a fan that expects financial commitment from a Hawks ownership. That hasn't happened since Ted Turner was the owner.

Paying Trae and Murrray the max is malpractice. I don't even mind paying Murray the max as he's still a top 40 player in my eyes but one of them gotta go. It's been like that for months with me. Too small, both best position is PG. One gotta go.

Send him to Minnesota for KAT or Toronto for Siakam and call it a day. Or trade Trae for an elite player who still has youth like Embiid or Giannis.

Edited by NBASupes

4 hours ago, yungsta said:

I'm gonna maintain that JC was solely dumped so Murray could get paid.

Btw after seeing the contracts these other guards are getting, Murray's trade value is probably close to zero. Giving up Huerter at 16m per year and being forced to pay Murray $40m a year with no material improvement in our record is going to haunt the hawks for years.

If we aren't  atleast a 50+ win team next season and a top 4 seed, we need to let him go period.

Murray made the team better and raised the floor. That's unquestionable and Kevin wasn't a good fit with Trae anyway. The problem is, two PGs making 40+ million is malpractice especially when both are undersized for their projected positions next to each other. Hawks need to balance out the roster. Go get KAT for Murray and Capela or go get Siakam for Murray and Capela. 

That way it's

Trae

Bogi

Hunter

OO

KAT

Or 

Siakam

OO

And call it a day. 

I don't see how we can pay two PGs 40+ million and expect to ever win in the playoffs consistently. It's not happening. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

We can't afford two PGs making the max. Man, just trade him to Toronto for Siakam and call it a day. 

We have a better chance of resigning dj than siakam next year....are we going to do anything now..sure doesn't look like it

I'm agreeing with @NBASupes this morning.  Collins is still too problematic with fit issues.  Also, with Murray we have to commit to spending at least up to the 2nd apron for the Trae/Murray tandem to make sense.  Otherwise we should move him for a Robin that is a better fit. 

With the way every team is giving out $40M contracts, Murray is someone you can move even after he would sign a deal with us next off season.  So, I don't see a reason to panic.  I think they are doing the right thing by making Murray available for an upgrade only.  

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

It is what it is. We won’t win anything thinking we can have Trae and a bunch of value contract players around him. It costs money to pay talent. 

Murray ain't that guy period.  He is barely a top 50 player

Let me try to sort this out for you folks.

If there was a good market for JC, we would have taken advantage of it.  Fields didn't sit there going, "well the Clips are offering 2 1sts but I'm going to take Gay and a 2nd".  We took the best offer available so we can move forward. This was about moving JC to clear money and try to find better fits around the players you have.  That's it.  It isn't being cheap, its being smart.

I own 3 dogs. One hates squirrels. One has been my buddy for > 10 years. The last is highly entertaining even if he's huge and afraid of his own shadow, he makes me laugh and gives me something to do.  One keeps my yard varmint free.  one is my buddy.  One is my project.  They all serve a purpose.  I couldn't function well with 3 buddies nor with 3 varmint trackers nor with 3 with psychological issues.  They all serve a purpose.  

JC has talents....but he isn't a better rebounder than Clint. Clint takes a lot of the rebounds JC normally gets.  He isn't a better passer than JJ, nor does he have a higher ceiling.  He doesn't have the dog in him Bey does and isn't fearless like OO.  They all are better at what he can bring to the table and he isn't a consistent enough 1v1 player or 3 point shooter to justify him that way either.  He's a very poor help defender (conflict Trae), poor read defender (conflict DH/CC).  He's a terrible fit. Great guy, decent player, awful fit.

• Like 1