• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Free Agency 06/30 at 6PM

JayBirdHawk

KAT scares me. Pascal doesn't. It's not my money so adding expensive players are okay with me. At least we wouldn't hear from mister complainy pants Rowland and Jason about how hawks don't spend. But then the narrative would turn to they overspent.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

KAT scares me. Pascal doesn't. It's not my money so adding expensive players are okay with me. At least we wouldn't hear from mister complainy pants Rowland and Jason about how hawks don't spend. But then the narrative would turn to they overspent.

Haha!  You’re so right.  If we had kept Huerter everyone would complain that we have $32M tied up in two identical players to back up a guy we traded multiple picks for.  And now we have zero flexibility to sign players or get AJ minutes.  People would literally be screaming to trade someone for draft capital.  
I trust Siakam more than Towns as well.  When you have to point back to Danny Manning as what could happen… That was 30 years ago.  Kyrie just resigned with Dallas.  Most of the time players resign with the team they’re on.  

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Why is KAT's defense so bad? He's 6-11, and a pretty good athlete. It must be an effort thing.

It is.  He falls asleep A LOT on defense, looks like he either cannot process what's happening quick enough or he just doesn't care.  Either way, it's not what you want from your center.

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Haha!  You’re so right.  If we had kept Huerter everyone would complain that we have $32M tied up in two identical players to back up a guy we traded multiple picks for.  And now we have zero flexibility to sign players or get AJ minutes.  People would literally be screaming to trade someone for draft capital.  
I trust Siakam more than Towns as well.  When you have to point back to Danny Manning as what could happen… That was 30 years ago.  Kyrie just resigned with Dallas.  Most of the time players resign with the team they’re on.  

People were mad about the players we got back, not that we traded Heurter.  Also, no one knew we were going to land Quin at the time, in which case I personally would have valued the pick more.  At the time, we had Nate at the helm and he not only doesn't he play young guys, he doesn't develop them, so that pick felt pretty bad.  And if we could have traded Heurter and filled holes in our depth chart -- people likely wouldn't have been upset -- but we traded him specifically to shed salary and got back Justin Holiday and Moe Harkless, who both don't belong on an NBA court.  I'm so tired of correcting revisionist narratives on stuff like this.  

• Like 3