• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Free Agency 06/30 at 6PM

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
Just now, thecampster said:

Hmmm....I suppose that's possible (unless paperwork submitted to league).  Let me have a think on this.

Is it because the Raptors have to take back matching salary?  Jazz had cap space to create the TPE to send to us but the Raps are over the salary cap, so I assume they need to take back close to the $38M?

• Premium Member
On 10/6/2022 at 7:48 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

Over the tax - 125% of the outgoing salary + $100,000

Under the tax:

Outgoing Salary Incoming Salary Allowed
$0 - $6,533,333 175% of the outgoing salary, plus $100,000
$6,533,334 - $19.6 million Outgoing salary + $5,000,000
>$19.6 million 125% of the outgoing salary + $100,000

@bleachkit @JeffS17 @thecampster

Also if this general rule is still in CBA....then we can take back $23 mil for DJM, $11 mil for Gay (when eligible to be added) and Mathews $3.5 mil.....that totals $37.5 million. 

Or it's $18+$6.4+$2 = $26.4 × 125% = $33 mill....so still close.

But why would the Raps? We can meet the matching salary threshold but they'll need additional assets.

• Thanks 1

Im not opposed to moving Bufkin since DJM is our backup PG, but losing both DJM and Bufkin really sets us back in the need for players who can create shots for themselves and others strategy.

Oh well, I will just sit back and reserve my opinion until something official happens.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Hmmm....I suppose that's possible (unless paperwork submitted to league).  Let me have a think on this.

Naw,don't do @JeffS17's homework for him.  Make him do it.  Builds character and lort knows he needs it. 😄

Oh cmon laugh, Jeffrey.  

• Haha 2

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Who? 🤓

I should make an account on Knicksquawk and just constantly complain about everything the team does.  And, if anyone pushes back, I'll go "Bwah, thas why dey ain't had a championship since duh 70's".

But, know why I won't do that?  Because that doesn't sound enjoyable at all.  It kinda sounds like a waste of my time, right? 

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Im not opposed to moving Bufkin since DJM is our backup PG, but losing both DJM and Bufkin really sets us back in the need for players who can create shots for themselves and others strategy.

Oh well, I will just sit back and reserve my opinion until something official happens.

Didn't they just sign former Hawk PG?  Dennis S. ?  If so, they don't really need DJM & Bufkin both.

😉

• Like 1

I still say the Hawks have no intention to move DJM, and I'll be very surprised if they did.  He's everything they want as a culture setter as they try to bring back the Spurs culture they left behind in 2018.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

I still say the Hawks have no intention to move DJM, and I'll be very surprised if they did.  He's everything they want as a culture setter as they try to bring back the Spurs culture they left behind in 2018.  

The only issue is do they feel comfortable giving him a max?

• Like 1

• Moderators
Just now, KB21 said:

I think there are a variety of reasons they won't move him but i'm also guessing we may lose him for nothing.  I hope i'm wrong.  

The sooner we get back to Trae being the primary facilitator the better we will be.  DJM may still work with the right offense but the offense has to start with Trae not that taking turns stuff we saw last year. 

• Like 1

Just now, macdaddy said:

I think there are a variety of reasons they won't move him but i'm also guessing we may lose him for nothing.  I hope i'm wrong.  

The sooner we get back to Trae being the primary facilitator the better we will be.  DJM may still work with the right offense but the offense has to start with Trae not that taking turns stuff we saw last year. 

We have a much better and smarter head coach now, and we have a much better coaching staff as a whole.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, ShooterSays said:

If the Mavs still covet Capela, a 3 team trade would work there.

IMG_8679.png

No, thank you.  Mavericks are making out too well.  THJ doesn’t have Capela value.  The distant protected 1st doesn’t bridge the gap.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

DJM may still work with the right offense but the offense has to start with Trae not that taking turns stuff we saw last year. 

Can't say the bolded enough....needs to be outlawed 😆 

• Like 2