• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Free Agency 06/30 at 6PM

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

Dame to the Bucks doesn't really frighten me for some reason. I thought the Brooklyn Nets were all but guaranteed to come out of the East a season ago. I'm not falling for the hype again. The Bucks lost Holiday who was arguably their best defender on the perimeter and was good on the offensive end as well. They basically replaced him with Dame who is all offense at this point in his career. They're obviously going to win games next season, but them dominating the East is in no way guaranteed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, macdaddy said:

So bucks get Dame for Jrue and some far off picks.  Meanwhile folks think we're trading all our young guns for Siakam.  

Jrue was valuable to the Bucks in different ways.  Dam is just a gunner 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, kg01 said:

See the mojito-flavored tears comin outta Liami!?  Them whiners want MIL investigated for tampering.  Hahahahaaaaa....

Jrue to LAC.  Book it. 

I think Jrue to Florida, to the Magic....they need a PG to maximize their bigs. They have been lacking for too long.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Per one Western Conference source, it’s believed the Raptors were hoping to construct a deal that would not include their core pieces — Pascal Siakam, O.G. Anunoby or Scottie Barnes.

So what exactly were the Raps offering to make up the $45 million for Dame's salary? Trent, Boucher, Thad, d*ck etc??????  Right!!!🤓.

As @macdaddy pointed out, why shpuld the Hawks overpay for Siakam?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Per one Western Conference source, it’s believed the Raptors were hoping to construct a deal that would not include their core pieces — Pascal Siakam, O.G. Anunoby or Scottie Barnes.

So what exactly were the Raps offering to make up the $45 million for Dame's salary? Trent, Boucher, Thad, d*ck etc??????  Right!!!🤓.

As @macdaddy pointed out, why shpuld the Hawks overpay for Siakam?  

Toronto GM is high on the good stuff if he truly believes he can make deals for superstars without losing a key player. Who does he think he is 

I’m not gonna lie.. a few years ago before Jrue was a Buck and was mentioned here and in FakeGM I didn’t want him. I thought he wasn’t as good as he is.. I was wrong. He helped the Bucks win a title and his D is legit.

That was 3 years ago but to his credit he’s okay well into the first third of his thirties.. I’ve definitely done a 140 (degree, not the full 180) on Jrue. He’s a no nonsense 2 way dude. I don’t mind that. What does it cost us?

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m not gonna lie.. a few years ago before Jrue was a Buck and was mentioned here and in FakeGM I didn’t want him. I thought he wasn’t as good as he is.. I was wrong. He helped the Bucks win a title and his D is legit.

That was 3 years ago but to his credit he’s okay well into the first third of his thirties.. I’ve definitely done a 140 (degree, not the full 180) on Jrue. He’s a no nonsense 2 way dude. I don’t mind that. What does it cost us?

I can't see it happening. We can't trade DJM for several months. Jrue as a SF for us? No. 

I see Boston or the Jazz getting him.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, hawkman said:

Dame to the Bucks doesn't really frighten me for some reason. I thought the Brooklyn Nets were all but guaranteed to come out of the East a season ago. I'm not falling for the hype again. The Bucks lost Holiday who was arguably their best defender on the perimeter and was good on the offensive end as well. They basically replaced him with Dame who is all offense at this point in his career. They're obviously going to win games next season, but them dominating the East is in no way guaranteed.

For the regular season, maybe but for the playoffs.... Dame and Giannis should be able to get 2 out of 3 titles. I honestly wanted to see how Denver looked with some of their depth before I say they should easily repeat but this makes it hard and it also makes Phoenix better too. 

Playoff basketball is different than RS ball.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sothron said:

Blah, blah, blah.... 

The Portland FO deserves a standing ovation from their fans and NBA fans for trading a superstar player NOT to the team he wanted and it still worked great for everyone involved.

Wait, my Heet fan BIL says the POR GM shld be fired.  Since the only reason they did the deal was to spite Liami, not make themselves better.

😄

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Wait, my Heet fan BIL says the POR GM shld be fired.  Since the only reason they did the deal was to spite Liami, not make themselves better.

😄

Silva back to Miami for that Martin twin 👯‍♀️ 😂 who says no! Seriously GM’s should call and troll Miami now for fun and bring their worst deals to the negotiating table 😂.

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

you should've stuck with your original opinion.  Jrue is probably right now the most overrated player in the NBA.