• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Free Agency 06/30 at 6PM

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

It's September 1st. 

After a brutal boring August on all things NBA, let's hoping for a more interesting September.

Training camp starts September 27th for teams playing outside of North America.

Remaining notable FAs:

-Christian Wood
-Kelly Oubre
-Bismack Biyombo
-Hamidou Diallo
-Justise Winslow
-T.J. Warren
-Terence Davis
-Terrence Ross
-Tristan Thompson
-Blake Griffin

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Do we have any room for this cat? If nothing else he busts threes when Trae or DJ get the double. He drives well and finishes too, former dunk contest winner. I wouldn’t mind, if we have room.

We have a full 15 man roster.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

But I'd also say we have some guys who can be cut for the right minimum contract player.  We have a few guys who aren't really rotation guys or guys that are part of our plan for the future.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So why the f you put up that list fo? Burd a tease. 

It’s like the pimp showin you the lady selection and then sayin you know wut, we closed homie. 🤨 

ps @JayBirdHawk don’t send kitty 🐈‍⬛ to take me home I’m not ready!!! 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's a family thing :laugh1:....Bucks tryna keep Giannis at all cost.

I read something earlier and thought, nah he’s safe. No way he’s not. Saying no to Alex would result in Giannis wanting to flee the Bucks for the Hawks! :clap:

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

So why the f you put up that list fo? Burd a tease. 

It’s like the pimp showin you the lady selection and then sayin you know wut, we closed homie. 🤨 

ps @JayBirdHawk don’t send kitty 🐈‍⬛ to take me home I’m not ready!!! 

:laugh1:

If we trade Patty/Mathews or any other trades.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

:laugh1:

If we trade Patty/Mathews or any other trades.

😂 you reminded me of my hotel 🏨 clerk. As soon as I got in she said, “Welcome! You will be excluded from all breakfast buffets in the morning.”

Me: 🤨 Thanks? Hehe 🙃 

Granted it was Europe but still.. 😂 

• Haha 1

On 9/1/2023 at 2:44 PM, Spud2nique said:

Do we have any room for this cat? If nothing else he busts threes when Trae or DJ get the double. He drives well and finishes too, former dunk contest winner. I wouldn’t mind, if we have room.

Or .. just sign him to keep him from having the random January night game where he torches us for 20+ points off the bench.

This game had me cussing at the TV.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member

Harden and Morey - so deserve each other. 😆 

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/38335993/inside-feud-james-harden-philadelphia-76ers

THE FIRST HINT that Harden's "sacrifice" wasn't being appreciated, much less rewarded in the way he hoped, came in late January when he wasn't voted to be an All-Star. Harden, who had made 10 consecutive All-Star games, was dismayed at the snub, sources said.

It didn't help that his former Nets teammates Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving had both been voted in as starters by the fans, media and players, while Harden was a distant fourth among Eastern Conference guards behind Irving, Donovan Mitchell and Jaylen Brown.

Still, NBA commissioner Adam Silver was prepared to name him as an injury replacement, sources said. Harden just had to give assurances that he would show up and play in the game.

Days went by without Harden's answer. He was pouting.

By the time Harden sent word that he would accept the invitation, Silver had moved on, naming Toronto Raptors forward Pascal Siakam as the replacement for an injured Durant.

In mid-December, Rivers lit into Harden for taking the final three shots in regulation of a double-overtime loss to the young and lottery-bound-again Rockets, sources said. It wasn't that Rivers didn't trust Harden to take the final three shots -- he had allowed him to run the offense and call his own number on the final play of regulation by not calling a timeout following a defensive rebound. It's that the Rockets had no answer for Embiid (39 points) all night and Harden wasn't shooting well (4-for-19).

When questioned in the film session, Harden demurred, saying he just couldn't get the ball to Embiid, sources said. These flare-ups between Harden and Rivers continued throughout the season.

Harden was eligible for a four-year, $210 million contract if he declined his $35.6 million player option and became a free agent. And he was expecting a contract in that range, sources said, having taken less the previous summer and having left a $161 million extension on the table from Brooklyn in August 2021 and turned down a two-year, $100 million extension from the Rockets in February 2021.

But Harden had little leverage to extract that kind of offer from Philadelphia. The Rockets' interest in reacquiring him as a free agent cooled after they hired Ime Udoka as their head coach in late April, sources said. Udoka was trying to set a new culture in Houston, not bring back the past. He wanted to target defensive-minded players like Memphis' Dillon Brooks and Milwaukee's Brook Lopez.

With no other strong suitors, Harden was in a difficult position.

His best leverage was a loyalty play with Morey, who made his career in the NBA by seeing Harden's brilliance early and then empowering him throughout an eight-year run in Houston. Morey had signed Harden to three contract extensions in their time together, including the richest contract in NBA history at the time. He tried to trade for Harden almost as soon as he took the Philadelphia job in November 2020.

But now, when it mattered most, Morey wasn't taking Harden's calls.

"James felt like Daryl was ghosting him," one source close to Harden said. "He felt betrayed."

Rather than wait for Morey and the Sixers to present whatever offer they had come up with once free agency opened July 1, Harden and his representatives, Mike Silverman and Troy Payne, decided to pick up his $35.6 million player option before the June 30 deadline and ask for a trade.

Better to take the guaranteed money for the 2023-24 season than be forced to accept whatever offer the team made him.

The Sixers were stunned at Harden's decision, sources said, insisting to him and his representatives that they had been distant only because they were just hit with the largest tampering fine in NBA history and that they had every intention of re-signing him, as soon as the rules allowed.

But Harden was already too far gone.

"James takes things very personally," another source close to Harden said. "When he feels like he's been wronged, he can be very stubborn."

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Please don’t allow the divorce 😂 It’s like Romeo and Juliette… with hopefully the same ending … 🤨 

I’MMMMM KIDDINNNNNGGG FOLKS ..geez, I’m not a monster 👺 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, AHF said:

So let me get this right per Harden's own side of the story.

1. Harden turned down multiple extensions because he recognized that he would be giving up control to the team.
  2. Harden signed the one year deal with Philly instead.
  3. Harden intended to leave Philly to go back to Houston and only came back to Philly after Houston changed direction and decided not to bring him back.  No other team expressed an interest in giving him a big deal.
  4. Harden then came back to Philly when his first choice of Houston didn't pan out and was gravely insulted when they didn't role up with a huge offer immediately.
  5. Without even talking to them about it, he decided to just pick up his option.  Remember back to point 1 that he knows this means he loses control to the team.
  6. Then he demands a trade.

Does this feel to anyone else like Harden was dating Kelly and then instead of asking Kelly to the prom he went and asked Lisa instead.  Then Lisa turned him down and he looked around saw the rest of the cheerleaders all had dates and didn't want him.  Then Harden fully expected Kelly to agree to go with him no questions asked and was pissed when she didn't answer him quickly enough?  Then he told Kelly that he was going to the prom without her and that he still expected her to pay for the limo.

Just seems like a strong sense of entitlement here.

He can do what he did in Brooklyn. Play so bad the team has no choice but to trade him. Or he can malinger until he gets a trade like K. Leonard did. 

58 minutes ago, AHF said:

Does this feel to anyone else like Harden was dating Kelly and then instead of asking Kelly to the prom he went and asked Lisa instead.  Then Lisa turned him down and he looked around saw the rest of the cheerleaders all had dates and didn't want him.  Then Harden fully expected Kelly to agree to go with him no questions asked and was pissed when she didn't answer him quickly enough?  Then he told Kelly that he was going to the prom without her and that he still expected her to pay for the limo.

🤔 that’s quite a lil story there AHF.. it’s like your own lil squawk bachelorette goin on! I dig.

Just now, bleachkit said:

He can do what he did in Brooklyn. Play so bad the team has no choice but to trade him. Or he can malinger until he gets a trade like K. Leonard did. 

Too much player power I’m sorry. And this is coming from someone who thinks the owners get too much revenue, power, etc.

Seems whomever gets the power.. milks it to the outmost in their advantage..so much so that it makes the fan disgusted by it.

• Like 1