• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Free Agency 06/30 at 6PM

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
9 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

Soooo…. Would anyone be willing to trade for KPJr and drop him immediately? Basically collect a couple draft picks in exchange for eating his $17 mil salary?

No.  We aren't in a position where we can eat salary.  We just gave up JC to avoid paying him when he brings legit and significant value on the floor.  If we are cutting Porter, there is no value so we'd have to get a hell of a pick package to make that work.  The match is a team that is rebuilding who can eat that like we ate bad contracts for more modest picks after the Budcox roster deterioration reached its end point and we shifted to a rebuild.

Also bear in mind for Porter that he is under contract through 2025-26 at roughly $16M per year.  (His last year is a team option).  So you are eating closer to $48M if you drop him.

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

Soooo…. Would anyone be willing to trade for KPJr and drop him immediately? Basically collect a couple draft picks in exchange for eating his $17 mil salary?

This would be a salary dump by the Hawks of future salary (Bogi, Capela, Hunter). Does absolutely nothing to help us win on the floor, just cost cutting, again. There would be a riot if the Hawks did that. 

• Moderators
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

This would be a salary dump by the Hawks of future salary (Bogi, Capela, Hunter). Does absolutely nothing to help us win on the floor, just cost cutting, again. There would be a riot if the Hawks did that. 

You aren't really dumping salary, though, since KPJr is on a long-term deal.  If the idea is that you would exercise a termination clause for moral / legal grounds in the contract, I think there is always some risk to that (an arbitrator might overrule you and uphold the contract) and that risk significantly increases if you trade for him knowing about what he has already done.

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, AHF said:

You aren't really dumping salary, though, since KPJr is on a long-term deal.  If the idea is that you would exercise a termination clause for moral / legal grounds in the contract, I think there is always some risk to that (an arbitrator might overrule you and uphold the contract) and that risk significantly increases if you trade for him knowing about what he has already done.

His contract is unguaranteed after this season (well $1 mill guarantee next season). Nothing guaranteed after.  So, if a team has a longterm contract they are trying to get out of it makes sense.

image.png

• Thanks 2

I have a good friend who is a Rockets 🚀 and Dodgers fan. 2 in one week. Sheesh 🙄. The first I heard of the KPJ incident. 

What the heck is going on? Why are these dudes physically attacking their gf’s. I mean, what the heck ever happened to not raising a hand to women and children. 

Didn’t Bridges get voided. Why are we talking trade, he’s not getting punished or wtf are the rockets 🚀 thinking is going to happen here? 

Only trade I see is a one way trade, Rocket 🚀 send KPJ to San Quentin. Let’s see what the inmates there think of him and his toughness? 

ps Never liked the dude, even before this his game is lazy and doesn’t translate to $hit!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

His contract is unguaranteed after this season (well $1 mill guarantee next season). Nothing guaranteed after.  So, if a team has a longterm contract they are trying to get out of it makes sense.

image.png

Thanks.  So is this just wrong then?

That is pretty extraordinary to sign a deal of that duration and that size and to have most of it unguaranteed.  Why is there even a club option in 2026-27?  Seems like every year is effectively a club option if unguaranteed.

image.png

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, AHF said:

Thanks.  So is this just wrong then?

That is pretty extraordinary to sign a deal of that duration and that size and to have most of it unguaranteed.  Why is there even a club option in 2026-27?  Seems like every year is effectively a club option if unguaranteed.

image.png

full breakdown here:

Kevin Porter Jr. Contract, Salary Cap Details & Breakdowns | Spotrac

• Moderators

We could get Gallo back for Mills.  I like having Patty but geez i've already forgotten we have Matthews too so the guards are Trae/DJ/Kobe/Bogdan/WMatthews/Griffin and that doesn't even include GMatthews.  Granted Patty is the only true PG but depth wise seems like we'd be better off with Gallo

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

We could get Gallo back for Mills.  I like having Patty but geez i've already forgotten we have Matthews too so the guards are Trae/DJ/Kobe/Bogdan/WMatthews/Griffin and that doesn't even include GMatthews.  Granted Patty is the only true PG but depth wise seems like we'd be better off with Gallo

It depends on Gallo's health, he hasn't played in over a year coming off an ACL tear and 35 years.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It depends on Gallo's health, he hasn't played in over a year coming off an ACL tear and 35 years.

I follow him on instagram and he's been working out rehabbing like crazy.  And one thing i know for sure is that instagram videos of workouts are the best indication of how guys are doing.   Also, can't wait to see Capela's post up jumper.  Karl Malone incoming!  🤣

And also i like him.  He's a good guy.  Of course I like Mills too and think he could be really valuable for us but seems like there are no minutes for him.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

And also i like him.  He's a good guy.  Of course I like Mills too and think he could be really valuable for us but seems like there are no minutes for him.

I see W Matthews slotting in more at SF (with Bey and AJ) as I see Hunter seeing limited minutes at PF in a possible small ball line up.  I'm just glad it seems we have some depth on the wings. Still somewhat concerned about the bigs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Is Wes really gonna suit up? I honestly can’t remember the last time he played. I wanted a vet not a corpse 🧟‍♂️ 😐 💀 my bad jr.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Is Wes really gonna suit up? I honestly can’t remember the last time he played. I wanted a vet not a corpse 🧟‍♂️ 😐 💀 my bad jr.

Wes played in 52 games last year (15.8 mpg). Patty played in 40 games (14.2 mpg)

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Mmmmmmmmm....smh.

Kysre Gondrezick is breaking her silence in the alleged Kevin Porter Jr. assault case — asking people to “avoid speculation” about what really happened in a New York hotel room on Monday morning before the Houston Rockets guard was arrested.But a source close to Gondrezick exclusively tells The Post that she has not made a statement to the cops about the incident, and her lawyer further says that what has been reported from her side is “misleading and inaccurate” — without elaborating on specifics.

The source familiar with the former WNBA player told us that Gondrezick, “has not given a statement to [law enforcement], and complained to them that what’s being attributed to her is inaccurate and to stop it. These are not her words.”Robert Hantman, an attorney for Gondrezick, told The Post exclusively in a statement on Wednesday morning: “Ms. Gondrezick wants to express her deep appreciation for the public’s support and prayers. In regards to our client, much that has been written in the press attributing statements to her are misleading and inaccurate. She has not granted nor released any statements on her own volition.”

The statement further adds, “She asks everyone to respect her privacy and avoid speculation as to what occurred and refrain from disclosing any misleading statements as to Mr. Porter. She asks that the press and all officials refrain from any judgment and speculation on this matter which will be rectified properly and with integrity. Thank you!”Gondrezick’s statement via her lawyer casts doubt on the reported version of events, including her medical condition, though her reps would not comment further about the incident.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Mmmmmmmmm....smh.

Kysre Gondrezick is breaking her silence in the alleged Kevin Porter Jr. assault case — asking people to “avoid speculation” about what really happened in a New York hotel room on Monday morning before the Houston Rockets guard was arrested.But a source close to Gondrezick exclusively tells The Post that she has not made a statement to the cops about the incident, and her lawyer further says that what has been reported from her side is “misleading and inaccurate” — without elaborating on specifics.

The source familiar with the former WNBA player told us that Gondrezick, “has not given a statement to [law enforcement], and complained to them that what’s being attributed to her is inaccurate and to stop it. These are not her words.”Robert Hantman, an attorney for Gondrezick, told The Post exclusively in a statement on Wednesday morning: “Ms. Gondrezick wants to express her deep appreciation for the public’s support and prayers. In regards to our client, much that has been written in the press attributing statements to her are misleading and inaccurate. She has not granted nor released any statements on her own volition.”

The statement further adds, “She asks everyone to respect her privacy and avoid speculation as to what occurred and refrain from disclosing any misleading statements as to Mr. Porter. She asks that the press and all officials refrain from any judgment and speculation on this matter which will be rectified properly and with integrity. Thank you!”Gondrezick’s statement via her lawyer casts doubt on the reported version of events, including her medical condition, though her reps would not comment further about the incident.

TL:DR = Porter offered me a bunch of hush money so everyone please shut up!

• Thanks 1