• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Free Agency 06/30 at 6PM

JayBirdHawk

9 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Yeah my thought too.  

I mean, the only way is that Holiday wants to win too and he’s a vet but Holiday also seems like a dude who got a ring and would be happy to mentor Scoot and play alongside him and teach him some defense. I mean Jrue came out in the Teague draft of 2009 so he should be getting up in age and like I said got a ring. 

Not saying Jrue doesn’t wanna win but something tells me Jrue is a well rounded individual who also enjoys passing along his skillset to the next gen.

And for the Bucks.. they need to make another king term move to keep the Greek.

Edited by Spud2nique

• Moderators
53 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I mean, the only way is that Holiday wants to win too and he’s a vet but Holiday also seems like a dude who got a ring and would be happy to mentor Scoot and play alongside him and teach him some defense. I mean Jrue came out in the Teague draft of 2009 so he should be getting up in age and like I said got a ring. 

Not saying Jrue doesn’t wanna win but something tells me Jrue is a well rounded individual who also enjoys passing along his skillset to the next gen.

And for the Bucks.. they need to make another king term move to keep the Greek.

I think they'd just route Jrue somewhere else though.  

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

@kg01 your boy:

Ben Simmons: I'm A Point Guard

SEP 19, 2023 9:04 AM

Simmons_Ben_bkn_221025.jpg

Ben Simmons is at the tail-end of what many experts said would be an 18-month recovery from back surgery. Simmons is expected to be 100% by November. When he is, the Brooklyn Nets versatile player expects to be the team's lead guard again. Simmons said he's gotten assurances from Nets coach Jacque Vaughn that he'll be running the offense again too.

“That’s what I know. As much as people would try to put me (at power forward). Everyone’s a GM in their head. I’m a point guard,” Simmons said. “So, I think with the team we have I think it’s constructed well for us to have a good run.

“Get ready for a great year. I think it’s going to be exciting. We’re going to have a lot of fun and get back to Brooklyn basketball.”

Simmons also knows he's disappointed some people over the last few years. He's not making any excuses though, as he owns it's on him to win people over again.

“I’d say (the hardest part was) not be able to do your job to the fullest. I never have excuses, I never tried to say anything about different things going on. But I was dealing with an injury at the time, so I did what I could in the moment,” Simmons said. “And I owe it to everybody, the fans and everybody, to get back to where I need to be. That’s what I did this summer to get back.”

BRIAN LEWIS/NEW YORK POST

• Haha 2

• Moderators
18 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@kg01 your boy:

Ben Simmons: I'm A Point Guard

SEP 19, 2023 9:04 AM

Simmons_Ben_bkn_221025.jpg

Ben Simmons is at the tail-end of what many experts said would be an 18-month recovery from back surgery. Simmons is expected to be 100% by November. When he is, the Brooklyn Nets versatile player expects to be the team's lead guard again. Simmons said he's gotten assurances from Nets coach Jacque Vaughn that he'll be running the offense again too.

“That’s what I know. As much as people would try to put me (at power forward). Everyone’s a GM in their head. I’m a point guard,” Simmons said. “So, I think with the team we have I think it’s constructed well for us to have a good run.

“Get ready for a great year. I think it’s going to be exciting. We’re going to have a lot of fun and get back to Brooklyn basketball.”

Simmons also knows he's disappointed some people over the last few years. He's not making any excuses though, as he owns it's on him to win people over again.

“I’d say (the hardest part was) not be able to do your job to the fullest. I never have excuses, I never tried to say anything about different things going on. But I was dealing with an injury at the time, so I did what I could in the moment,” Simmons said. “And I owe it to everybody, the fans and everybody, to get back to where I need to be. That’s what I did this summer to get back.”

BRIAN LEWIS/NEW YORK POST

He's not wrong.  He is a PG.  I never understood why folks thought he could play PF just because he's tall and can't shoot.  

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

He's not wrong.  He is a PG.  I never understood why folks thought he could play PF just because he's tall and can't shoot.  

He doesn't defend opposing point guards and he is useless from the outside.  Why call him a point guard instead of calling him a point forward?  This just seems like ego to me.  If all you mean by PG is that he is the person who does the most initiation of the offense and has the ball in his hands more often than anyone else then sure.  But I don't think that is what people are talking about when they say he should play forward.  I think they mean that if you are running two guards, two forwards, and a center that Simmons should be on the floor with two guards, one forward, and a center.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, AHF said:

He doesn't defend opposing point guards and he is useless from the outside.  Why call him a point guard instead of calling him a point forward?  This just seems like ego to me.  If all you mean by PG is that he is the person who does the most initiation of the offense and has the ball in his hands more often than anyone else then sure.  But I don't think that is what people are talking about when they say he should play forward.  I think they mean that if you are running two guards, two forwards, and a center that Simmons should be on the floor with two guards, one forward, and a center.  

i guess.  He shouldn't really be on the floor with another PG though.  You can call it point foward but on offense he is best as the main facilitator.  He may be a point forward but by no means can he be the starting power forward for a team i support.  

42 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

i guess.  He shouldn't really be on the floor with another PG though.  You can call it point foward but on offense he is best as the main facilitator.  He may be a point forward but by no means can he be the starting power forward for a team i support.  

He should be in the draymond role as a facilitator but, no, he is not a point guard.  That's the problem.  He can pass but he does nothing else a point guard needs to do.  He's also not a leader, which comes with the job description of a point guard. 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

He should be in the draymond role as a facilitator but, no, he is not a point guard.  That's the problem.  He can pass but he does nothing else a point guard needs to do.  He's also not a leader, which comes with the job description of a point guard. 

Wasn't his rookie of the year and all star seasons all as a point guard for the sixers?

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

These situations are always interesting because while most teams could use a guy who just hit 3-4 threes a game at a 42% clip, the negotiations clearly stalled because he thinks he's worth a premium.  Interested to know what he's asking for

• Like 1