• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Free Agency 06/30 at 6PM

JayBirdHawk

10 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Boston is looking scary … that is a huge upgrade to Smart … porjingis / Holiday >> Smart, Brogdon, Williams 

Wait they lost Will III and Malcolm. To me they didn’t get too much better. Smart and Robert Will III and Malcolm are huge losses. Gaining Zinger and Jrue is good but I dunno, that’s a total remake minus Tatum and Brown really. Might take time to adjust or at least I’m hoping. Jrue is as solid as they come but Zinger, I dunno.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Boston is looking scary … that is a huge upgrade to Smart … porjingis / Holiday >> Smart, Brogdon, Williams 

They also lost Grant in FAcy.

There starting 5 is contingent on Porzingas staying healthy. Their bench is also suspect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There starting 5 is contingent on Porzingas staying healthy. Their bench is also suspect.

Reminds me of when they sent brinks truck Thomas out and brought in sexier Kyme. 🤭 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Where does Brogdon end up?

The outsiders already told yall ...

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Their frontcourt is major league sus rn. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Man, we're so cool we're not even waiting til the games to give up on the season. 

So you believe Hawks, without trades, are a doomed 15 active players?

If these players are that bad, who would be crazy enough to trade for them?

Can't have it both ways.  Either they are or they are not.

:rtfm:

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member

:laugh1::laugh1: C'mon man!!!

Blazers initially wanted four or five first round picks in Jrue Holiday deal

Numerous NBA teams contacted the Blazers about Holiday, but a league source said the Blazers then engaged a smaller group of teams that had assets it coveted. Initially, the source said, Portland was seeking a haul that included four or five future first-round picks.

via Boston Globe

Not gonna lie, it's been tough seeing teams above us make moves to actively improve their roster, while all we did this off-season was make cost cutting moves to get under the luxury tax.

I'm hoping/expecting that guys like JJ, AJ, and Bey become MAJOR contributors to this team this season to get us in that upper echelon in the east.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Injuries already :blanky:

Suns guard Damion Lee out indefinitely with meniscus injury

i_46_b0_13_damion-lee.png?w=190

Duane Rankin: OFFICIAL: Phoenix Suns guard Damion Lee has sustained a right knee meniscus injury and will be out until further notice. The injury occurred during an on-court workout at the Verizon 5G Performance Center this past week. Updates will be provided as appropriate #Suns

• Sad 2

• Premium Member

CJ McCollum on Damian Lillard trade: No disrespect to Jimmy and Bam, but Giannis is different

i_49_b8_2c_cj-mccollum.png?w=190

Joining forces with Antetokounmpo, McCollum said, could be a better fit for Lillard than playing with Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo in Miami. “No disrespect to Jimmy and Bam, and that organization, and that roster, but Giannis is different,” McCollum said. “That’s a different guy to play alongside in terms of his dominance. There’s not another guy in the league that dominates the way he does. He’s just the guy that’s really, really hard to guard.”

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

CJ McCollum on Damian Lillard trade: No disrespect to Jimmy and Bam, but Giannis is different

i_49_b8_2c_cj-mccollum.png?w=190

Joining forces with Antetokounmpo, McCollum said, could be a better fit for Lillard than playing with Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo in Miami. “No disrespect to Jimmy and Bam, and that organization, and that roster, but Giannis is different,” McCollum said. “That’s a different guy to play alongside in terms of his dominance. There’s not another guy in the league that dominates the way he does. He’s just the guy that’s really, really hard to guard.”

And “that organization” (and their trashy 🗑️ culture)..-CJ 💯 😂 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

:laugh1::laugh1: C'mon man!!!

Blazers initially wanted four or five first round picks in Jrue Holiday deal

Numerous NBA teams contacted the Blazers about Holiday, but a league source said the Blazers then engaged a smaller group of teams that had assets it coveted. Initially, the source said, Portland was seeking a haul that included four or five future first-round picks.

via Boston Globe

Never hurts to ask.  After Jrue trade the Blazers are up to 5 first round picks from Lillard, and they still have Brogdon, Williams, and Ayton.