• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Free Agency 06/30 at 6PM

JayBirdHawk

3 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

Honor while detrimental to your own team? Hmm… I hope Portland can get out of the Jerami Grant deal.  Just roll with Scoot, Sharpe, Simons, and whatever comes from Lillard.  They need front court players — not Herro.

Herro is going to a 3rd team but it's not for much 

I don't want PG on Atlanta. He is allready 33, huge contract, injury prone, you bet all your money on him and he might fail to make the playoffs, do not fit our team timeline.... I cannot find a reason to like the fit

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gurpilo said:

I don't want PG on Atlanta. He is allready 33, huge contract, injury prone, you bet all your money on him and he might fail to make the playoffs, do not fit our team timeline.... I cannot find a reason to like the fit

It all depends on cost. If we are a salary dump for PG, then sure why not. If we have to part with significant assets, then no thanks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Then we help Spurs become another dynasty with high Atlanta picks and pick swaps…. Maybe Landry in the front office is a cautionary tale…

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Just got word that Dame does NOT want to go to Philly and Brooklyn doesn't have the assets.

I hope you questions your source as much as most of us do... because BKN is clearly the only one of any of these teams that has real assets. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Eh, kinda not scared of Lillard in MIA.

He doesn’t fit their movement or defensive system at all.  If they aren’t on the hook for the whole of that ridiculous contract though they’d be fools to pass on fleecing the Blazers in terms of return.  They only have themselves to blame for dragging their feet on moving dude for years.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, warcore said:

I hope you questions your source as much as most of us do... because BKN is clearly the only one of any of these teams that has real assets. 

Yeah.  If Bam isn’t moving I really see no possibility.  Did everyone not just see how inconsequential Herro is?

And even though Dame had a monster year individually (in 58 games) is it not evident how hollow his impact is?  I never got the fascination.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, benhillboy said:

Yeah.  If Bam isn’t moving I really see no possibility.  Did everyone not just see how inconsequential Herro is?

yeah they're not moving Bam because getting Dame without Bam is trash. And yeah I think there's a strong argument that they don't go to the finals had Herro not broken his hand. 

Martin got the opportunity and made the most of his extra minutes. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, warcore said:

yeah they're not moving Bam because getting Dame without Bam is trash. And yeah I think there's a strong argument that they don't go to the finals had Herro not broken his hand. 

Martin got the opportunity and made the most of his extra minutes. 

No question.  Herro’s bad shots and decisions lead to far worse transition defense than they showed this postseason.   When he went down I didn’t bat an eye.  A Butler initiation is like a half point better than Herro on average and he’s attacked in isolation the second he steps on the floor.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Miami seems unlikely unless they can find a 3rd team that can fund the deal for Portland. 

I don’t quite understand how this would work. 
If Mia doesn’t have the assets to trade for Dame, how would they have the assets to pay another team to send their assets to Portland so they can receive Dame? 

What do they have of value to trade that the Blazers don’t find valuable? 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

We can talk smack about them all we want but the Heat continue to be the class of our division.

Butler’s grit and will power has carried them to 2 Finals already; adding Dame’s gamebreaking offense will make them a title favorite that will be able to stand toe to toe with Boston in the East. Dame, Jimmy and Bam are 3 of the toughest competitors in the game. Would be a formidable trio that is easy to build around.

We can't ignore circumstances when speaking of their runs.  They were a play-in team last year and lost a lot of the pieces that got hot to propel their run.  Lillard will put up amazing scoring numbers for them but it's a questionable fit both offensively and defensively.  It's not like they just parachuted Lillard onto a finals team.  Next year will be a completely different environment.  It may work, it may not but they still have work to do to fill out their roster. 

Edited by kg01