• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Free Agency 06/30 at 6PM

JayBirdHawk

40 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Players usually aren't notified until a deal is set in stone. Are they waiting on the Collins PTE?

Nah, they know when a deal is being discussed iiuc.  They are "officially" notified once it's set in stone though. 

2 hours ago, GameTime said:

Latest from JW

Just say “no” to drugs.  Why would Landry be so intent on Siakam?  I like him, but he isn’t a franchise changer.  Sounds like Ressler is getting “Ressless”.  OO/AJ in a Siakam deal is a termination-worthy offense.

• Like 2

Why tf is Siakim getting anywhere close to a package this good? That's even before the whole 1 year left part. 

Were really gonna give them an amazing young defender, an extremely high ceiling 19 year old, and Dre? TF. 

• Thanks 1

Man if OO is really leaving for Siakam then hawks definitely plan on keeping Capela long term.

in my opinion you HAVE to get more back if you are trading away that much for Siakam. I like Spicy P but he’s not worth Hunter, OO, and 1st (or two 1st)!

that is an insane amount for Siakam alone. Hopefully there’s a 3rd team involved that’s giving us some kind of value.

as much as I’d love to see a Trae, Murray, Siakam trio we have to stay disciplined.

• Like 1

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

All star? What all star team did he make this year? His numbers declined this year so maybe he is already in decline whereas Dre's numbers improved. All joking aside where is the patience.  All these champions took some time to become champions.

You know he turned down an All-Star invite this year so I don't get the focus on whether he accepted the invite or not.  This was a down year for him whether he was an All-Star or not.  Makes no difference and when he got an invite it is a little disingenuous to focus on him not accepting as if it carries some extra significance.  

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, GameTime said:

Raptors twitter is something else, man.

This is comical. :laugh1:

We still owe 2025 and 2027 unprotected 1sts, now add 2 more 1sts on top of that for Siakam. Not even gonna mention the players.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JTB said:

Man if OO is really leaving for Siakam then hawks definitely plan on keeping Capela long term.

in my opinion you HAVE to get more back if you are trading away that much for Siakam. I like Spicy P but he’s not worth Hunter, OO, and 1st (or two 1st)!

that is an insane amount for Siakam alone. Hopefully there’s a 3rd team involved that’s giving us some kind of value.

as much as I’d love to see a Trae, Murray, Siakam trio we have to stay disciplined.

And the big issue with Siakam is the same reason Toronto is trying to trade him, that monster max extension he is due next summer. 5 years, 260M or whatever it is. That thing will be an anchor the moment the ink dries. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is comical. :laugh1:

We still owe 2025 and 2027 unprotected 1sts, now add 2 more 1sts on top of that for Siakam. Not even gonna mention the players.

He did say the Hawks will lose this trade, so I think's it's a bit tongue in cheek. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

And the big issue with Siakam is the same reason Toronto is trying to trade him, that monster max extension he is due next summer. 5 years, 260M or whatever it is. That thing will be an anchor the moment the ink dries. 

Well the FO will really need to make sure they have everything in place this off season if they planning to have 3 max contracts.

im not as worried about the money of those 3 combined as much as I’m worried about the overall team.

Trae, Murray, JJ, Siakam, Capela would be a good starting lineup.

Then Bufkin, Bogi, Bey, ???, Garuba on the bench…it’s not awful. Would be nice to go get Bol Bol as another body.

would be fantastic if we could somehow get Grant Williams added on this team. Then I could get over losing OO.