• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Free Agency 06/30 at 6PM

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Yeah that is exactly what I was thinking. But I'm weary of Toronto using OG and Siakam and picks to get JB as a better package than what we can give.

Woah.....that seems excessive for JB. I see PS and JB as close in value. They're slightly different  versions of each other at their positions.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Yeah that is exactly what I was thinking. But I'm weary of Toronto using OG and Siakam and picks to get JB as a better package than what we can give.

Brown's gotta wanna go there tho.  He's still a free agent.  Why would he take less to opt for TOR when he could take less and go here or elsewhere?  Remember TOR players generally make less due to financial ramifications of living in Canadia. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Brown's gotta wanna go there tho.  He's still a free agent.  Why would he take less to opt for TOR when he could take less and go here or elsewhere?  Remember TOR players generally make less due to financial ramifications of living in Canadia. 

That is true but the market for JB I expect to be a lot hotter unless he specifically says ATLANTA OR BUST

• Like 1

Just now, theheroatl said:

That is true but the market for JB I expect to be a lot hotter unless he specifically says ATLANTA OR BUST

I was responding specifically to your fears w.r.t. TOR.  Yes, other teams could have better packages available.  We shall see. 

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Has Jerami Grant signed his deal yet? Maybe there's a SnT in the works since  PTL is considering moving Dame?

Don't think so.. It hasn't been announced. I think a lot is being held up by Dame. Hopefully this weekend with Summer League can help grease that.

6 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Don't think so.. It hasn't been announced. I think a lot is being held up by Dame. Hopefully this weekend with Summer League can help grease that.

Dame to all us non-NBA folks: "Nobody cares.  Our lives and family could be uprooted and we can end up somewhere we didn't plan on.  Boo-hoo."

Dame realizing he could be contributing to Grant's life and family being uprooted and him ending up somewhere he didn't plan:  "Nobody cares.  Boo-hoo."

3 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

There does seem to be an unusually high amount of chatter on JB today on Twitter.

Probably just lazy NBA media.  Take a shrivel or a morsel of non-intel and turn it into a weeks worth of cOnTEnT. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The Spurs ($15M), Magic ($11M), Pacers ($7.5M), and Rockets ($4.3M) are the only teams with cap space remaining.

I thought the Hawks had cap space after trading JC.  What happened?

:stirthepot:

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The Spurs ($15M), Magic ($11M), Pacers ($7.5M), and Rockets ($4.3M) are the only teams with cap space remaining.

We do have that TPE in our back packet in the event of trade. 

Just now, Gray Mule said:

I thought the Hawks had cap space after trading JC.  What happened?

:stirthepot:

Only good for trades, not free agents.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In fact you could summarize that we have $25 million of cap space available for a trade, and about $12.5 million available for a Free Agent (the Mid Level Exception). That's a lot of flexibility, thank you LF.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Afflalo is still in the league? What year is it? Where am I? Who the hell are you?

Marreese Speights too! I did a double take to check the date to make sure it wasn't 2013..... 

Ya what's up with that? Did they exercise the stretch provision years ago? I forgot about both them dudes. 

• Moderators
4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

You really had posters saying JC wasn't insanely overpaid 

Bear in mind that Wood’s total lack of market has less to do with his production and more to do with why he hasn’t fit in on like 6 teams.  JC is much more of a coach’s player so the comparison fails for me.  (Even though I agree that JC didn’t live up to his contract and the Hawks didn’t leverage his RFA status at all to control his cost.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

That is a bonefide outsiders call.. as of right now outsiders 1 insiders 0

I know this is probably tongue in cheek but let’s not turn this into a pissing contest between posters. 

• Like 1