• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Free Agency 06/30 at 6PM

JayBirdHawk

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'll state again, I'm 100% cool with player empowerment as a concept.  But these dudes apparently don't understand that having that empowerment doesn't supersede the rules of the business they're participating in.

As you say, he picked up the option.  You can't do that and be a free agent, thereby picking where you play.  It doesn't work that way.

If they want to tear up guaranteed contracts, that would allow them to be as free to move as they want.  But be careful what you wish for.

This! All this! I like player empowerment but not when they themselves don’t know the rules. You can’t have your cake and wait it too unless your Burd on squawk 🦜 then you can get away with whatever! 😂 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

This! All this! I like player empowerment but not when they themselves don’t know the rules. You can’t have your cake and wait it too unless your Burd on squawk 🦜 then you can get away with whatever! 😂 

She's gonna get you... 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

JayBirdHawk knows.  When you are correct you're not getting away with anything, you are just stating facts....

🥰

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

On Harden, I'd tell him sit at home til you and LAC work out a deal we (PHI) like.

Not a deal that works for you (Harden/LAC), a deal that works for us (PHI).  Until then, enjoy your summer, bro.  Check out Yosemite or something.

• Haha 2

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, kg01 said:

If they want to tear up guaranteed contracts, that would allow them to be as free to move as they want.  But be careful what you wish for.

Just as aside, in the NFL most contracts aren't guaranteed but that doesn't give the player the ability to move as freely as they want.  They work like unguaranteed contracts in the NBA where the player and team are bound to fulfill the contract as long as it is there and only the team has the right to terminate the contract.  We would need a new paradigm to allow players to be truly free to move as they want which would be absolute and unworkable chaos if they could choose to move at any time.  (A middle ground might be to give players the right to terminate the contract after the completion of a season.)

But moving more broadly I am 100% with the sentiment of your post.  You can't want the big paycheck and so sign a contract but then expect to choose where you are going to play.

For me this isn't an issue that is about the players or teams most of all.  It is about the fans and what stability they need to stick with their fandom.  

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, AHF said:

Just as aside, in the NFL most contracts aren't guaranteed but that doesn't give the player the ability to move as freely as they want.  They work like unguaranteed contracts in the NBA where the player and team are bound to fulfill the contract as long as it is there and only the team has the right to terminate the contract.  We would need a new paradigm to allow players to be truly free to move as they want which would be absolute and unworkable chaos if they could choose to move at any time.  (A middle ground might be to give players the right to terminate the contract after the completion of a season.)

But moving more broadly I am 100% with the sentiment of your post.  You can't want the big paycheck and so sign a contract but then expect to choose where you are going to play.

For me this isn't an issue that is about the players or teams most of all.  It is about the fans and what stability they need to stick with their fandom.  

Yeah, in all these 'things', the fan is an afterthought. 

I said years ago that Adam Sliver was laying the groundwork for the complete erosion of everything Stern built for that league.  Folks may have hated him, but all the stuff Stern did set the stage for all the money they're making now.  Sliver is putting the fan last and it's gonna cost the next generation because diehards are gonna get fed up.  The casuals will follow eventually. 

29 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

We almost lost a friend rolling down the lake and my dad saved her in 91. Crazy stuff. Beautiful place but everyone had anxiety when we left. 😂 

Wow.  I looked at planning a trip there yesterday, it's expensive! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

The real news from PHX, is they signed Bol Bol.  @MarylandHawk has a joker grin on his face. 

Did they? Dang, I like that kid I don’t want him on the Suns lol. If he went to a Cali team besides the Warriors I’d prolly go see him play, Sac town would have been nice. 

I ain’t goin to Zona, that ended in Havasu in 96 😂 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Took a $15 mil paycut last year expected Morey to give him a max this year or expected a max from the Rockets....that's what you call 'shit outta luck'

Both 🐍 both liars, wouldn’t trust them any further than I could throw them, and with my bad back I shouldn’t throw anyone-Rooney; Ed.

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Took a $15 mil paycut last year expected Morey to give him a max this year or expected a max from the Rockets....that's what you call 'shit outta luck'

Man those two are a match made in heaven.. I hope they are stuck together for the rest of their careers.

• Like 1

I'm gonna put on my outsiders tin-foil hat now.. This Siakam saga has dragged on long-enough.

Tomorrow will be the 5 year anniversary of the Kawhi-Derozan Trade.

Siakam will accept the inevitable that he needs to be traded because the Raptors are suck/stuck.

Siakam will indicate to Landry and Masai that he will accept a trade and sign a 4 year extension with Atlanta if traded.

A 3 team trade with the Mavericks, which was already structured and agreed upon contingent upon Siakam showing willingness to re-sign with his new team, will then be submitted for processing to the league office.

The trade will be this:

image.thumb.png.52c49b1bbe2d404f09d76742ac774e43.png

Fallout.....

-There will be much debate on the winners and losers of the trade but at the end of the day, it gets each team what they need and want.

-Jalen Johnson fans will go to twitter to start the super-size version of JC  trade Hawks FO hate spree with Mrs. Dee or whoever on twitter calling for FO heads to roll.

-Outsiders will claim yet another victory on the Squawk further deepening the divide between Diesel and Sothran.  This will result in at least 10+ passive aggressive posts between the both of them before camp starts.

-There will be an extensive 100+ page thread on KAT vs. Siakam to revisit the nuances, fumbling of the FO, and the lack of clear direction by both FO's.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Haha 2