• Raised $440 of $700 target

Summer League Roster

KB21

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, terrell said:

Hes just out there..

NO way hes ready to be our starting SF yet

Fans can squash that..

SL is no indication of what AJ will do for this team in the regular season. They were experimenting with him on the ball and not his typical movement off the ball. Also, when he was off the ball, Bufkin could not run the offense. Also, the summer youngins that try to make their teams often play with reckless abandon. I would rather AJ not play that way and get hurt like Scoot Henderson and Amen Thompson. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, terrell said:

With the entire staff looking on..

I was expecting more.. Especially after watching Tari Eason(who I wanted) show out today..

I also wanted Eason over AJ.    Eason so far has been better than AJ as a pro.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's still only SL though.

that's an excuse.    My philosophy has always been that 2nd year players who were rotation guys on an NBA team should come out and basically dominate and do whatever they want and get to wherever they want in SL games.  To me it's a red flag when a 2nd year vet doesn't do that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member

the guy picked right after Bufkin who also plays the same position went off for 33/10 this weekend. Keyontae George.

Could be looking at two years in a row of picking the wrong guy when the right guy was sitting right there.  

Got a chance to watch the 2nd game just now against the Nuggets. 

Gueye, wow. He’s really impressive. He’s got great FEEL, specially for a big, timely passing as well.

One play he dipped under the rim to draw the defender and dumped it off to Kabs for a better look layup.

2nd play he had a corner 3 and swung an extra pass for an even more open look to Bufkin.

Kobe looked horrendous in the first half but it’s because he was mad pressing and trying to score and go one on one. When he let the game come to him he was making almost every shot he took. He’s young, he’s raw, he’s gonna be more of a combo guard to me like a tweener like a left Jason Terry.

The kid from Santa Barbara is like a lil Shawn Marion clone with his bounce and floaters and just athleticism.

Some pics:

Mona straight on 3! Smooth release.IMG_8740.thumb.jpeg.e7fec861542fde4461c7133a8a327594.jpeg

Again from the corner, swish.

IMG_8741.thumb.jpeg.bf4236a34669f9aa20d0933ec74b1539.jpeg

Mo trying to end somebody.

IMG_8743.thumb.jpeg.f00a19f52591781f08a4048114b80d3c.jpeg

Mo with the AND 1 with the bank lay in.

Kobe with the swat. The D is there. D and shooting in rhythm are fine. He needs to slow down and play smart is all.

IMG_8745.thumb.jpeg.eb67951f108d7d2aa9940fd22f0e4f0c.jpeg

Maaaa Boi! 

IMG_8746.thumb.jpeg.c49809d8720ed5e1391525cea51b2be2.jpeg

Gueye is too nice. 

CHANNING FRYE: Oh windmill that..

Mo: Respect ✊🏾 I won’t ..IMG_8747.thumb.jpeg.a6dcc3bab08dad51333f56088295a753.jpegIMG_8748.thumb.jpeg.ed1419c067d4250b3433ddaedc05ba8a.jpeg

IMG_8744.jpeg

• Like 3

I think is really concerning AJ 2 games. He is supposed to dominate on SL and he is playing poorly. He cannot put the ball on the dolor, cannot go inside, cannot shoot, looks desinterested... Different guy to what we saw last year. I am concerned because he dissapeared when Quinn arrived and I am beginning to panic. Clearly he is not well on this system but he is the Guy with highest celiling on the team. Quinn needs to look for a way to make hin a contributor.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I think is really concerning AJ 2 games. He is supposed to dominate on SL and he is playing poorly. He cannot put the ball on the dolor, cannot go inside, cannot shoot, looks desinterested... Different guy to what we saw last year. I am concerned because he dissapeared when Quinn arrived and I am beginning to panic. Clearly he is not well on this system but he is the Guy with highest celiling on the team. Quinn needs to look for a way to make hin a contributor.

He's been doing things defensively that I like and I'm not worried about the offense. What he's being asked to do in summer league on offense is not what he'll be asked to do in November, but the team refocus to being able to defend 1 position up and down is something he's obviously working on.

On the "highest ceiling" thing.  Number 1 thing you have to do to be considered like that is be able to draw fouls, get easy points at the line.  I don't see AJ being able to generate offense when the shot isn't falling. He isn't taking anyone off the dribble, making the defense move.  Remember his early success if partially due to teams forcing him to make shots before focusing too much on him on offense.  His second half struggles was a mixture of tighter D and leg fatigue late in the season. But in order for me to go team AJ for "highest ceiling", I'm going to have to see him be able to generate his own looks and draw fouls.

I have been very unimpressed with Bufkin thus far.  Game is really fast for him right now. Issues I've seen.

Missing movement from his players (dump overs, cuts).

Dribbling into zone doubles, causing turnovers. 

Being loose with the basketball, especially during play set up.

Slow to help on defense.  Plays developing before he's ready to dig down, drop off.  Always chasing his man, not aware of where his man is floating to (off ball).

• Like 3

I'm not really concerned with AJ SL play, I'm slightly concerned with how he dropped off last year after starting off great and now this is the first we are seeing of him. 

I guess we are all worried he will drop off like Shariff cooper did last year but at present I doubt that is much concern. If he is still having issues in the regular season with our new coaching staff then I'd sound some alarm bells.

35 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

"highest ceiling" based on what?

JJ is higher imo

Edited by terrell

36 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I have been very unimpressed with Bufkin thus far.  Game is really fast for him right now. Issues I've seen.

Slow to help on defense.  Plays developing before he's ready to dig down, drop off.  Always chasing his man, not aware of where his man is floating to (off ball).

The surprisingly good play of MoG has overshadowed the poor play of Bufkin.  As with AJ, I'm not going overboard with it, but he's been pretty meh so far.  Agree on all your observations.  Doesn't mean he's trash but the folks thinking he was a day-1 replacement for any of our starters ... and there are many that seemed to feel that way ... need to slow their roll.

On the "highest ceiling" thing. Number 1 thing you have to do to be considered like that is be able to draw fouls, get easy points at the line. I don't see AJ being able to generate offense when the shot isn't falling. He isn't taking anyone off the dribble, making the defense move. Remember his early success if partially due to teams forcing him to make shots before focusing too much on him on offense. His second half struggles was a mixture of tighter D and leg fatigue late in the season. But in order for me to go team AJ for "highest ceiling", I'm going to have to see him be able to generate his own looks and draw fouls.

Well, I don't agree. He usually goes inside, looking for his own shot, is true that currently mainly uses a floater but that floater is money. He has shown dribbling abilities, spin moves even some post moves. He has shot on his rookie campaign with percentages hardly seen on a rookie. Finishes well in Contact, has not drawn more fouls because he is a rookie but creates a lot of shorts from dribbling...

No player on this team has shown this kind of abilities so early, just Trae.

His summer league performance has been painful to watch.

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

I don't know how anyone can watch the first two games and think he's going to be anywhere College Park like JJ was in year 1

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't know how anyone can watch the first two games and think he's going to be anywhere College Park like JJ was in year 1

We're never gonna find a good young backup PG are we? Going on how many years now? smh

Sharife went for 27 the other night btw.. lol

Edited by terrell