• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Hawks Media Day OCT 2ND/Training Camp/Pre-Season

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Diesel said:

IDGAF is not personality. 

It literally gave me Superbust Marvin chills up my damn spine. I just kept waiting for "I spent my entire summer playing XBox" like Marvin would tell us year after year after year.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Sothron said:

It literally gave me Superbust Marvin chills up my damn spine. I just kept waiting for "I spent my entire summer playing XBox" like Marvin would tell us year after year after year.

I have no issue with him being quiet about what he worked on over the Summer. It's good to keep things close to the vest sometimes. It's just a hunch, but I have a feeling we will all be pleasantly surprised with this team next season. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we sneak up on the league and had a repeat of the post LP '20-'21 season.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, hawkman said:

I wouldn't be surprised at all if we sneak up on the league and had a repeat of the post LP '20-'21 season.

I got these vibes as well. I think we learned what the outcome would be if we played with half a heart, from here on I think we are a team that hustles, gets after it..

Ya, 20-21 sounds right.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

:laugh1::laugh1::laugh1:. Clint's 👶 Hawk :laugh1:😆 🤣 😂 

Look at Bogi and look at AJ.  They are beaming with huge smiles.  I didn't watch any of media day, but take this clip of Hunter combined with the other one and it looks like a dude who doesn't want to be there. 

Now I'm definitely prone to see the glass half empty with Hunter and maybe he's just a guy that hates media days, but he looks hollow inside to me.  Wondering if the pressure to live up to a contract, not immediately fitting in with Snyder's coaching, and being in a lot of rumors over the summer is wearing on him.  

Collins would at least bring positive energy even when he was in rumors.  Hunter looks like he might be in his feelings too much.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, hawkman said:

I have no issue with him being quiet about what he worked on over the Summer. It's good to keep things close to the vest sometimes. It's just a hunch, but I have a feeling we will all be pleasantly surprised with this team next season. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we sneak up on the league and had a repeat of the post LP '20-'21 season.

17 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I got these vibes as well. I think we learned what the outcome would be if we played with half a heart, from here on I think we are a team that hustles, gets after it..

Ya, 20-21 sounds right.

I think, at the very least, we'll get off to a fast start.  Mainly as a benefit to Snyder coming over last season.  That's the part folks miss when they complain about our lack of moves.  That was our '24 move so we're not the 'same' now although the roster is certainly similar.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Look at Bogi and look at AJ.  They are beaming with huge smiles.  I didn't watch any of media day, but take this clip of Hunter combined with the other one and it looks like a dude who doesn't want to be there. 

Now I'm definitely prone to see the glass half empty with Hunter and maybe he's just a guy that hates media days, but he looks hollow inside to me.  Wondering if the pressure to live up to a contract, not immediately fitting in with Snyder's coaching, and being in a lot of rumors over the summer is wearing on him.  

Collins would at least bring positive energy even when he was in rumors.  Hunter looks like he might be in his feelings too much.

I think, if he ends up gone and we hear rumors of his unhappiness, these clips will definitely seem 'telling'.

He's always kinda had that demeanor though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

He's always kinda had that demeanor though.

Ya he looks like my friend in 86 before trying to gank an Abba Zabba from 711 🤨 

He’d be great for diarrhea commercials 🤣 my bad Dre, he’s robotic and stoic by nature.

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Sothron said:

I get the feel that he's ready to move on. 

• Like 2

HAWKS MADE NO MOVES THIS OFF-SEASON.....

Oops!  We forgot about the draft.  New players on board.  They are G League bound!  Yet, they are here right now.

Check out Quin's assistants.  All new!  100% turnover!

And, there seems to be a couple of other players who weren't here last season.  

Squawk posters, for the most part, excited about this upcoming season.  And, as usual, expect to hear from a few who are not.

🥰

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Thought the same thing -- was about to comment how Hunter is gone... he doesn't seem engaged at all and his I didn't work on anything summer comment was really odd.  Like, I'm 99% sure he was joking, but the delivery was weird and he didn't elaborate at all.  I feel like he was one of the guys we told was potentially being traded and he is still in his feelings about it.  Or he just has no personality.  Either way, he feels like a bad fit from everything I've seen, not to mention some of the noise about him not getting along with Quin at the beginning.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, hawkman said:

I think we play better without expectations.

• Like 1

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Thought the same thing -- was about to comment how Hunter is gone... he doesn't seem engaged at all and his I didn't work on anything summer comment was really odd.  Like, I'm 99% sure he was joking, but the delivery was weird and he didn't elaborate at all.  I feel like he was one of the guys we told was potentially being traded and he is still in his feelings about it.  Or he just has no personality.  Either way, he feels like a bad fit from everything I've seen, not to mention some of the noise about him not getting along with Quin at the beginning.

Yeah it's his first time really being in trade rumors at least publicly.  Maybe it will motivate him though.  i hope so. 

JC's comment in Utah about egos was interesting.  Obviously folks will think that's aimed at Trae but he wouldn't have said it if it was just about Trae.  Not saying it's Dre but i think there was other stuff.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Final_quest said:

34 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Thought the same thing -- was about to comment how Hunter is gone... he doesn't seem engaged at all and his I didn't work on anything summer comment was really odd.  Like, I'm 99% sure he was joking, but the delivery was weird and he didn't elaborate at all.  

Maybe it's something, maybe it's not....but Dre has been as dry as bone in past media days and exit interviews (i was trying to pull some videos). He has a dry sense and his delivery is always weird. 

We shall see how it all plays out of he's still around.

• Like 1