• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Regular Season: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The first 'so and so added 10-15 lbs of muscle in the offseason sighting' 🤓

That’s cute 🥰.  That ain’t muscle that’s a tan bro. :laugh1: 

ps You can breathe now Tyler you’re gonna pop a vein in your head with that chest puff. 💨 I remember dudes just like that at the clubs back in the day, black shirts gold chains ⛓️ 🤣 and you guessed it, showered in Drakkar. 

Thanks 🙏🏿 Tyler you took me back. (To some douches but still..)

1 hour ago, terrell said:

Congrats to Wheeler HS alumn Jaylen Brown..

I love Jaylen. Dang it why oh why is he a Celtic. 🤦‍♀️ 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Both teams I hate. Nobody watched or cared. I didn't watch one second of it. ABC sucks big time. 

Sooo glad its over.. Hawks-Lakers next years finals

I much preferred Jeff Van Gundy who wasn't scared to ruffle feathers and would give unique insights, but was also sarcastic and funny. Doris Burke is a complete snooze fest. Her effusive praise of the players feels insincere, and her predictable paint by the numbers analysis adds nothing to the broadcast. 

Everyone would like to have a 5-out attack with switchable, long defenders.  Celtics actually made it happen.  

I knew swapping Brogdon, Smart, and Williams out for Jrue, White, and KP was an upgrade but damn not this much.  They took a crazy point differential from the regular season and simply applied it to the playoffs lol.  I can’t even trip off Jimmy, Jarret Allen, Mitchell, and Haliburton missing time and making their road a lot easier when they played through most of the postseason without Porzingis.  Al said it best, Mazzula made them a smarter team.  I had no idea how humble his coaching history was, dude got it straight out the mud.  Hats off to them guys and Jalen cursing like a sailor on the FMVP podium 😆

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, theheroatl said:

Both teams I hate. Nobody watched or cared. I didn't watch one second of it. ABC sucks big time. 

Sooo glad its over.. Hawks-Lakers next years finals

I can't lie, my dislike of both teams equaled maybe me listening to 3 minutes of game 4 with my wife who was watching the game. I was completely turned off once Minnesota got eliminated 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

The GOAT Atlanta Hawk player is officially an NBA champion!

Congrats Al!

It’s crazy how his career has come full circle.  He dropped 20 and 10 in his first ever playoff game versus the Celtics.  187 playoff games later (6 fewer than your boy Karl Malone, most ever without a ring) he leads the entire Celtics team in playoff on/off on the way to a ‘ship.  

I never knew his idol was Tim Duncan but it’s apparent.  After he tore his titties and subsequently became allergic to rebounds it hurt my heart.  Yet he evolved his game into such an intelligent perimeter-to-paint floor game vet Big.  Sometimes Mazzula can’t get a word in because Al is taking the words out of his mouth lol.  

He has some adorable kids too, repping the Dominican flag.  I’m anxious to see what front office or coaching role he’ll eventually have with the Celtics.

Edited by benhillboy

39 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I can't lie, my dislike of both teams equaled maybe me listening to 3 minutes of game 4 with my wife who was watching the game. I was completely turned off once Minnesota got eliminated 

You didn’t watch your favorite player ever hoist the O’Brien?!  Traitor!

14 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I also did not watch.  Glad it's over.  Glad JB was the MVP over Tatum is about the closest to a silver lining I can get.  

Tatum couldn’t hide his embarrassment on his face although he tried.  It was a weird mix of happiness for Jaylen but more disappointment for him.  

Jaylen was truly surprised because he thought the voters would give Tatum the nod after almost recording a 30 point triple double and being far more liked by the media.  Tatum’s face said “yall gave it to him for highlight dunks and excellent second option efficiency over my first option gravity and volume?  Okay, but I don’t agree.”  😆

• Like 1

2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Everyone would like to have a 5-out attack with switchable, long defenders.  Celtics actually made it happen.  

I knew swapping Brogdon, Smart, and Williams out for Jrue, White, and KP was an upgrade but damn not this much.  They took a crazy point differential from the regular season and simply applied it to the playoffs lol.  I can’t even trip off Jimmy, Jarret Allen, Mitchell, and Haliburton missing time and making their road a lot easier when they played through most of the postseason without Porzingis.  Al said it best, Mazzula made them a smarter team.  I had no idea how humble his coaching history was, dude got it straight out the mud.  Hats off to them guys and Jalen cursing like a sailor on the FMVP podium 😆

All that's cute but it wouldve been nice if they'd faced any actual resistance throughout the playoffs to test things.

I know they can only beat the teams in front if em and all that.  But their path to a title was paved and had rest stops, a brothel, a Starbucks, an Orange Julius, a mall, a Whole Foods, a Dairy Queen, and six 'easy buttons every 10 feet.

Edited by kg01
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I know we hate the Celtics, but I'm sorry, that roster is cool. 

Tatums the closest thing they have to an obnoxious player, and he's really not that bad. He's just goofy. 

It's pretty easy to root for literally everybody else. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
Just now, Afro said:

I know we hate the Celtics, but I'm sorry, that roster is cool. 

Tatums the closest thing they have to an obnoxious player, and he's really not that bad. He's just goofy. 

Exactly.  I hate the Celtics because of the history and the fans but i like almost everyone on the team.  Hawks could have had Derrick White and we'd be in a much different situation right now.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Afro said:

It’s the color green the logo and the nostalgia. The smell of losing to them in 88, I never got over it.

Jaylen Brown is a stud and Holiday is just an awesome dude. 

The rest I don’t care for too much.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Exactly.  I hate the Celtics because of the history and the fans but i like almost everyone on the team.  Hawks could have had Derrick White and we'd be in a much different situation right now.  

It was so much easier when they were a mix of dbags and dirty players like Pierce, Smart, and.... Kyrie.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

It’s not fair I tell ya! Boston takes an Atlanta guy in Jaylen and wins it!

Any Bostonian ballers we could steal from them? No I don’t want Matt Damon or Ben Flecker.

1 minute ago, Afro said:

Smart

I want that piece of $hit with us. :jesus: