• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Regular Season: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Boston has the guys to make Luka and Kyrie work. I think Boston is the slight favorite. 

It is going to be a fascinating series.

18 minutes ago, AHF said:

Nobody damaged his rep like Kyrie did himself.  He would have a lot of rings if he had stuck with LeBron years ago instead of letting his ego take control of his career.  The talent has always been there to be a great #2 and he plays that role well on this team.  Next up is to see how he does returning to Boston where he struggled in every sense before losing his mind for a few years.

In his last series with the Celtics (2019 semis versus Milwaukee) he took 104 shots to score 102 points.  I thought his days of being a viable high end player were over.  Amazing second act to his career.  Agreed he brought most of the foolishness on himself but he’s matured.  

You can have radical, uncommon views, totally fine.  You can even act on them.  But I think he’s learned that broadcasting his life on the internet isn’t advantageous with his profile.  Just share your unorthodox views in person with like-minded individuals.  And confiscate their phones lol.  I’ll always commend his humanitarian efforts and even more so when I don’t know about them.  Supplying clean water to areas where they truly need  it is one of the most philanthropic things one can do.  In an NBA culture of ridiculously pretentious shows of wealth and sponsoring strippers, Smiling Family Man Peak Two Way Kyrie is a breath of fresh air. 

Edited by benhillboy

39 minutes ago, noble said:

Because we would rather win than have inefficient play and no superstar, well not a top 20 player at least. 

It's well past 'get over it' time. 

31 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Boston has the guys to make Luka and Kyrie work. I think Boston is the slight favorite. 

I'm expecting Kyrie to be a beast in revenge mode.  Boston may get swept. 

26 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

You can have radical, uncommon views, totally fine.  You can even act on them.  But I think he’s learned that broadcasting his life on the internet isn’t advantageous with his profile.  Just share your unorthodox views in person with like-minded individuals.  And confiscate their phones lol.  I’ll always commend his humanitarian efforts and even more so when I don’t know about them.  Supplying clean water to areas where they truly need  it is one of the most philanthropic things one can do.  In an NBA culture of ridiculously pretentious shows of wealth and sponsoring strippers, Smiling Family Man Peak Two Way Kyrie is a breath of fresh air. 

Most people on this planet are robots.  If you think outside the box and think for yourself, you are not liked.  Ignorant folks who can't think for themselves get applauded for their fake views but someone like Kyrie, no.  Folks hang on the words of "entertainers and comedians" (Katt Williams) with their fake views but someone who really can think outside the box is hated whether its Kyrie or someone else.

• Like 1

This is absolutely appalling and disturbing for me. A couple years ago you had the scrubs vs the Schmelts and now it’s Whooka vs the Schmelts? Caught a break with the Nuggets winning it all last year, back to side eying this biz.

Meteor ☄️ coooooomeeee oooonnn dooooownnnn ooohhhhh I’m ready I’m ready!!! Hallelujah!!! Praise the laaaaarrrd!

• Like 2

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

Most people on this planet are robots.  If you think outside the box and think for yourself, you are not liked.  Ignorant folks who can't think for themselves get applauded for their fake views but someone like Kyrie, no.  Folks hang on the words of "entertainers and comedians" (Katt Williams) with their fake views but someone who really can think outside the box is hated whether its Kyrie or someone else.

I'm definitely a fan of creative and informed people.  Lots of what Kyrie spews falls into rank ignorance so I'm not applauding that kind of stuff.  That's all I'll say since it is better suited for the politics board.

More the point, Kyrie:

1. 2012-14:  Led a brutally bad Cav's team as their #1 guy.  The Cavs averaged 20 some wins a season until LeBron returned.
  2. 2015-17:  Was a dynamic #2 guy with opponents keying on LeBron and Kyrie shooting daggers in the space that created.
  3. 2018-19:  Bailed on a championship team because his ego couldn't stand being the #2 guy.  Shat the bed trying to be the #1 guy in Boston and ran from that responsibility at the first opportunity.  48% TS% is brutal.  (That is his playoff scoring efficiency as a #1 option.)
  4. 2020-22:  Tried to form a super team.  Played only 103 games over 3 seasons in Brooklyn some of which was by choice.  The team failed badly due primarily to his lack of contributions and Ben Simmons' physical and mental issues.
  5. 2023:  Traded to Dallas when they were a playoff team.  After he joined, they fell completely out of the playoffs (likely due to poor play followed by intentional tanking, imo) and didn't even make the play-in game.
  6. 2024:  Back to excelling in a #2 role with teams keying on Luka.

It is such an interesting and unusual career path.  So many irrelevant seasons mixed with really strong ones playing alongside MVP talented lead players.  

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Pretty easy finals series for me, will be cheering for the Celtics to lose.  I could not care less about the draft day trade narratives if the Mavs win, and I will never cheer for Boston to win anything.  They don't even have players that I would want to cheer for if wearing another jersey.  Nothing about their team, their city, or their fan base is worth cheering for.

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Pretty easy finals series for me, will be cheering for the Celtics to lose.  I could not care less about the draft day trade narratives if the Mavs win, and I will never cheer for Boston to win anything.  They don't even have players that I would want to cheer for if wearing another jersey.  Nothing about their team, their city, or their fan base is worth cheering for.

I'm rooting for the team buses crashing into one another scenario but had to like your posts because there is no cheering for the Celtics.  If I have to pick one to root for, it is an easy call.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I may go bungee jumping in Mexico 🇲🇽 instead of watching this.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

you're calling kat williams a bot?

22 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

Kyrie vindication.  All them critics are ghost now.

I didnt hear anyone criticising his game.. It was always his craziness like quitting on the Celtics, and all of the craziness in Brookyln like leaving the team to go to his sisters birthday party, anti semitic tweets,  among other things.. 

But maybe I missed it....

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, AHF said:

(Hawkmoor's content on Kyrie's game is available in the Around the Association forum)

The post I made where the current and former NBA players said Kyrie is the most skilled player ever?  Yep.  I see its moved. My bad.  Nobody ever goes to that forum and I didn't even know it existed.

Edited by Hawkmoor