• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Regular Season: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I know this isn't news but depressing none the less.

I'm not depressed at all.  Never wanted to ever have to root for that clown.  

It (i.e. the Duck Butt pick) clearly didnt work out but that night there was a consensus top-2, Bogut and DuckButt.  They were in a tier above the two guards, CP2 and Deron Williams.

It's revisionist history wrapped in hindsight to suggest otherwise and that's a fact.

Why in the heyul is he still dwelling on it anyways?  He had plenty of opportunities to come back and play here since he wanted to "so bad" that he "just knew he was gonna be a hawk".

I just got one word to say about CP2, Fakem!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'm not depressed at all.  Never wanted to ever have to root for that clown.  

It (i.e. the Duck Butt pick) clearly didnt work out but that night there was a consensus top-2, Bogut and DuckButt.  They were in a tier above the two guards, CP2 and Deron Williams.

It's revisionist history wrapped in hindsight to suggest otherwise and that's a fact.

Why in the heyul is he still dwelling on it anyways?  He had plenty of opportunities to come back and play here since he wanted to "so bad" that he "just knew he was gonna be a hawk".

I just got one word to say about CP2, Fakem!

it's depressing because CP3+Joe Johnson probably would have changed our trajectory big time.   I don't like Paul either but still he was friggin ROY by a landslide. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

it's depressing because CP3+Joe Johnson probably would have changed our trajectory big time.   I don't like Paul either but still he was friggin ROY by a landslide. 

Maybe.  Or maybe he would've been too close to home and could've fizzled out because he needed to be away from NC.

Either way ... Fakem!

10 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I know this isn't news but depressing none the less.

Ok I didn’t know he used Hawks basketballs and bought a house 🏠 in Atlanta. 

I wanted him badly. He was my #1 and Marvin my #2. Thought CP3 was Zeke like and Marvin was Worthy like, one panned out more than the other.

• Like 1

CP3+Joe Johnson

We would have battled for the finals in the East in 2007-2010. I think we could have gone toe to toe with Dwight’s Magic and LeBron’s Cavs.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kg01 said:

Maybe.  Or maybe he would've been too close to home and could've fizzled out because he needed to be away from NC.

I’d actually say possibly the opposite. He strikes me as a home cook dude and if he got that he may have gone even further. 

ROY by a landslide. 

I remember in his rookie year it was like one of the first games and he nearly quadruple doubled on us, I was like uhhhh ohhhh.. the quickness, the passes, no I ain’t gonna lie, i wanted lil Paul badly.

I just think being on the Hornets 🐝 and Clippers and being out in the west hurt his chances with the Lakers and Spurs being as dominant as they were. But in the East, outside of Boston and the Cavs coming on, there wasn’t too much dominance because the Pistons and Heat had faded.

Call me crazy, I said we would have made the 2009 NBA Finals against the Lakers instead of the Magic had we had CP/JJ/Smoove/Jam Craw

Ww would have never been in the 2007 lottery either thus avoiding trader Alice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I remember in his rookie year it was like one of the first games and he nearly quadruple doubled on us, I was like uhhhh ohhhh.. the quickness, the passes, no I ain’t gonna lie, i wanted lil Paul badly.

I just think being on the Hornets 🐝 and Clippers and being out in the west hurt his chances with the Lakers and Spurs being as dominant as they were. But in the East, outside of Boston and the Cavs coming on, there wasn’t too much dominance because the Pistons and Heat had faded.

Call me crazy, I said we would have made the 2009 NBA Finals against the Lakers instead of the Magic had we had CP/JJ/Smoove/Jam Craw

Ww would have never been in the 2007 lottery either thus avoiding trader Alice.

Josh with CP would have been something.  Either an unstoppable lob threat or Paul screaming at him on the bench every night. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I’d actually say possibly the opposite. He strikes me as a home cook dude and if he got that he may have gone even further. 

He strikes me as a guy with 'little man syndrome' who rubs people the wrong way 'til they can't stand the sight of him.

Fakem! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Josh with CP would have been something.  Either an unstoppable lob threat or Paul screaming at him on the bench every night. 

image.gif.84292f7fabfb045f5dd264bf70c5ff48.gif

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

d*ck Vitale made a statement just before our pick that he felt ATL should take CP to pair him with the athletes Hawks had, namely JSmoove. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Our failed draft efforts - sooooo depressing 😞 😔 😢 😪 

Yes!  Please don't mess up again this summer!

🥲

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1