• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Regular Season: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

42 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Wonder if he'll guarantee they make the playoffs. 

It's not a move I expected.  I didn't think the Lakers would target a legit head coach.  Maybe this is a sign that LeBron has told them he's moving on, because Dan Hurley is not a coach that LeBron will be able to dictate.  

• Like 2

• Moderators

Very interesting.  We have seen a handful of college coaches be really successful after making the leap but far more fail than succeed.  It is a very different challenge to go from winning with a ton more talent and a roster of players who largely do whatever you ask of them to having to overcome roster challenges and dealing with players who make way more than you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KB21 said:

It's not a move I expected.  I didn't think the Lakers would target a legit head coach.  Maybe this is a sign that LeBron has told them he's moving on, because Dan Hurley is not a coach that LeBron will be able to dictate.  

It kind of seems like they’re preparing to blow it up and start over. Trade AD and whoever else for picks. Bring in a sacrificial college coach to manage the first few years of a rebuild project. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
Just now, bird_dirt said:

It kind of seems like they’re preparing to blow it up and start over. Trade AD and whoever else for picks. Bring in a sacrificial college coach to manage the first few years of a rebuild project. 

yeah that's what i thought too. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

yeah that's what i thought too. 

18 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Smoke screen....it's just a ploy to say they did their due diligence but ultimately JJ was the best candidate.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Smoke screen....it's just a ploy to say they did their due diligence but ultimately JJ was the best candidate.

Wait isn't it a done deal?

• Moderators

Man just looked at the box score and golden boy had 1 assist!??  How is that even possible.  And Kyrie led the Mavs with......2 assists?  Good lord.  Trae really would be getting roasted.  

• Thanks 3

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

This Lakers thing is weird.  Lebron must be out of there because no way he wants to play for a college coach.  Does this mean AD will be on the move? 

Brian Windhorst on First Take. "From what I understand, what LeBron said to them was, 'You have to hire somebody who is for beyond just me. I might be here for another year. I might be here for two years. You've got to make a decision that's built around Anthony Davis. That's built around what the Lakers need for the next decade, not just what I need.'

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

I don't see Dan Hurley as a sacrificial lamb type of coach.  That guy is legit.  He's a schematic savant in the way that Bud and Quin are savants.  This will be much closer to Brad Stevens making the jump than it will be to Mike Montgomery making the jump.  

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

This Lakers thing is weird.  Lebron must be out of there because no way he wants to play for a college coach.  Does this mean AD will be on the move? 

I think Lebron is taking his talents to the desert 🌵 with his lil rugrat after the Suns draft lil Bronny.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Lebron said this?

R.06a69d956a219e3efb4dac34d9c234a7?rik=b

🤣 my thoughts exactly. Think what you want about Lebron but dude is HIM first as he has the right to do but I don’t see him giving a flying fck what the Fakers do after he’s gone unless his son is part of the plan and the Lakers know Bronny ain’t even a rotational dude moving forward.

I call 📞 BULLCACA 💩 

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I think Lebron is taking his talents to the desert 🌵 with his lil rugrat after the Suns draft lil Bronny.

The Suns take Bronny over Edey?  That's going to chafe some asses.