• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Regular Season: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So is it better to be wrong about a guy who you thought would suck but turned out great OR the guy you thought would be great but sucked?

The former for me and my mistake with JJ. I was so pleased with him by the end of the year I even bought his jersey. This is prolly only true for Hawk players tho, the rest of the league I think I’d rather be right :dance:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's amazing to me that Jayson Tatum doesn't catch more flack from the media and general fans. Seems like everytime I see him he's "having an off night offensively" and whining and complaining to the refs. 

He's a good player for sure, but isn't he supposed to be the super star player, best guy on the team? He's shooting like 40% from the field and 29% from 3pt. Just interesting to me. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

It's amazing to me that Jayson Tatum doesn't catch more flack from the media and general fans. Seems like everytime I see him he's "having an off night offensively" and whining and complaining to the refs. 

He's a good player for sure, but isn't he supposed to be the super star player, best guy on the team? He's shooting like 40% from the field and 29% from 3pt. Just interesting to me. 

Jaylen Brown aka Cap'n Hook aka OnePunch Man aka Righty McNoLefty was always the better player.

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, kg01 said:

Jaylen Brown aka Cap'n Hook aka OnePunch Man aka Righty McNoLefty was always the better player.

JB definitely looks like the better, more reliable player everytime I watch them play. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

JB definitely looks like the better, more reliable player everytime I watch them play. 

Tatum is everything they want in Loston.  Brown is everything they need.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Brown

So mad he’s a Celtic.. always. 

I think each state ballers ⛹🏾‍♂️ need to stay in their own state. Ex.

Hawks get Jaylen Brown and Ant 🐜 Edwards

• Like 1

• Moderators

NBA Finals Through Game 2:

Jayson Tatum 31.6% FG%, 28.6% 3pt%, .368% efg%, .406% TS%

Kyrie Irving 35.1% FG%, 0.0% 3pt%, .351% efg%, .370% TS%

Race to the bottom!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

So mad he’s a Celtic.. always. 

I think each state ballers ⛹🏾‍♂️ need to stay in their own state. Ex.

Hawks get Jaylen Brown and Ant 🐜 Edwards

f*** the in season tournament. 

Give us the States Olympic games. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Anyone want to discuss Luka's complete lack of effort on defense in this series?

I'm not watching the Finals since these teams aren't all that good or compelling.

Tell me, is it a bunch of practice shots for Boston since Dallas has two defense-optional guards out there?

That's what I figured it'd be. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Anyone want to discuss Luka's complete lack of effort on defense in this series?

He is getting exposed to the max as he should on dribble drives.  To be fair he did look like a mummy warming up exacerbating his already dreadful lateral movement.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'm not watching the Finals since these teams aren't all that good or compelling.

Tell me, is it a bunch of practice shots for Boston since Dallas has two defense-optional guards out there?

That's what I figured it'd be. 

They can dribble drive and kick at will until they find a great shot because of those two, yeah.  

This Boston team isn’t very fun to watch outside of Brown slashing and White & Holliday locking dudes up.  But statistically speaking they’ve been a historic two way team by many measures.  I can’t discount that one bit.  Mazzula (with a lot of help from Cassell I’m sure when the hell is he gonna get a shot at HC?!?!) and Stevens built a juggernaut.  I didn’t see Holliday fitting in as smoothly and quickly as he did seeing how he and White overlap a lot but dudes a winner and making Milwaukee regret the move for Lilliard big time (duh)

That said the series doesn’t start until home team loses.  If that does happen next game it’ll be over before it starts tho 😄

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, KB21 said:

He's playing with injuries. Boston's depth is really hard to overcome. With KP in the line up, it would tough for anyone to beat them in a series. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

NBA Finals Through Game 2:

Jayson Tatum 31.6% FG%, 28.6% 3pt%, .368% efg%, .406% TS%

Kyrie Irving 35.1% FG%, 0.0% 3pt%, .351% efg%, .370% TS%

Race to the bottom!

I get the Tatum hate, he’s shooting like sh@t in these playoffs.  But no one forces walls to be built up on their squad as much he does which is the main igniter to their drive, kick, close out attack, and around the horn passing.  He’s leading them in assists these playoffs with a +2:1 ratio as a “wing” and leading them in points and rebounds just as he did during the regular season.  His regular season metrics are pretty much in line with his 110 game postseason career which is huge. A stock per minute in 39 per playoff contest is boss sh*t.  

I was a Tatum fanatic as a rookie, the way his game evolved just fell out of my favor.  His phase when he fell in love with contested step backs and throttled down his defensive motor just wasn’t for me.  Stevens smartly added two players who love playing defense in White and Holiday so Tatum and Brown, two very capable me but much less enthused defenders, could take a few plays off.  Still a wonderfully well-rounded player who can nullify inefficient shooting and still contribute to winning.  I can never discount a big wing who hits the glass as hard as he does. (DeAndre!)  Just can’t.

Edited by benhillboy

Curious to see if Dan Hurley takes the Lakers' job today.  There are some whispers that Jay Wright is a dark horse, which may be a sign that Hurley is going to stay in Bristol.  I'm surprised someone hasn't hired Jay Wright yet.  He's a great coach.  The NBA doesn't have a lot of great coaches.  Pops, Bud, Quin, Spo, Rick Carlisle, Taylor Jenkins, Ime Udoka, Mazzulla....that may be it as far as truly great coaches.  

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

The "well he's tired from being the entire offense!" justifications are mind numbing lol. 

But Traes defense is downright offensive to the game of basketball, right???? Even though for most of his career he has been the SINGLE offensive playmaker....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

He's playing with injuries. Boston's depth is really hard to overcome. With KP in the line up, it would tough for anyone to beat them in a series. 

If he gets excuses then everyone gets excuses so no one gets excuses. 

54 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Blah, blah, blah....  His phase when he fell in love with contested step backs and throttled down his defensive motor just wasn’t for me.  

It's notta phase, hillbilly.  It's him. 

• Haha 3