• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Regular Season: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

$47 mil per.

This is good news for the Hawks.  Indy seems to think Siakam and Hali are good enough to compete for a title.  I think they are wrong. 

• Like 4

How do you say “karma” in Slovenian? :laugh1:

IMG_5540.thumb.jpeg.8899548d9228f0082c6cf06ff044f28e.jpeg

Luka isn’t sniffing the finals ever again I’m quite sure his scouting report changed and he got exposed a bit. 🤏 

image.gif.310bf0d238334915677f3c707e7509a5.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Celtics were historically good this year. Winning %, point differential, number of games won by 20 or more points, all the metrics suggest this Celtics team is one of the best in modern history.

I don't disagree with you at all but it's interesting that now everyone saying Luka drug a bunch of bums to the finals and Celtics are an all time great team but this was what they thought going in

• Like 1

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

I don't disagree with you at all but it's interesting that now everyone saying Luka drug a bunch of bums to the finals and Celtics are an all time great team but this was what they thought going in

Sports commentators are prisoners of the moment. Vegas wasn't fooled, Boston was the prohibitive favorite. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Sports commentators are prisoners of the moment. Vegas wasn't fooled, Boston was the prohibitive favorite. 

No doubt.  All I"m saying is that they only became a juggernaut after the fact and largely to cover some asses.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Can't wait for Trae to nutmeg a coach on the sidelines

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSl7GtAlmF5A5mkFbDbsOk

That was a hilarious.  Must've been the moment JayJay realized the league had passed him by (literally). 

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 3

So some coaches I predict would do well. Kerr and Nash. One did one, the other not so much.

JJ is gonna be awful. He’s gonna suck lemme tell ya.

But good luck.

So wait, I’m sorry let me get this straight, LeQueen is going to be listening and taking play calls from JJ? :huh: Wow. That’s like.. well it’s like something. lol. I dunno.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2024 at 10:11 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

I'd love to pick him up as an assistant/consultant.

Also, people should not be sleeping on Detroit. They are building something nice there and are maybe a year away from a huge turnaround.  I'd like to see them give Adrian Griffin another chance to coach. Milwaukee did him dirty.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 1

• Moderators

What a colossal **** up in paying Monty that much and firing him this quickly.  You massively overpaid for someone in whom you have this little confidence?  That should be a terminable offense for whoever made that call. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, AHF said:

What a colossal **** up in paying Monty that much and firing him this quickly.  You massively overpaid for someone in whom you have this little confidence?  That should be a terminable offense for whoever made that call. 

That was the owner Gores. They didn't have a GM. They have since hired Trajon Langdon who wanted his own coach. The rumor is Monty didn't connect with the young team.

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That was the owner Gores. They didn't have a GM. They have since hired Trajon Langdon who wanted his own coach. The rumor is Monty didn't connect with the young team.

Well, at least the guy who screwed up is paying the price for it.  Just another example of why owners shouldn't be playing GM.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, thecampster said:

Also, people should not be sleeping on Detroit. They are building something nice there and are maybe a year away from a huge turnaround.  I'd like to see them give Adrian Griffin another chance to coach. Milwaukee did him dirty.

I think there has to be something really big going on behind the scenes in the Griffin family based on Adrian and AJ’s results this past year.  I know the death in the family was reported but I am sure there is much more to it.  Mental health situation most likely (whether grieving or something else).  I hate it for them and hope they are all in a better place this year after being able to reset this summer.

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

I initially agreed with the concept of bringing Monti in but the guy has a toxic track record with players ar his last 2 stops.  Fool me once ...

Agree on Griffin.  He might've ultimately coached his way out of MIL but that's not what happened there.  They snaked him with GLLLLenn Rivers' help.  I have no idea why nba media glossed over all that.  That was pretty egregious. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Howard Beck: Jimmy Butler will be traded. Rival executives have been buzzing about it for months, for all the obvious reasons. Butler is about to turn 35 (with a lot of hard miles and a lot of injuries), with one year left on his Heat contract, and is reportedly seeking a two-year, $113 million extension. If the Heat grant it, they’ll have little to no flexibility to add another star. And they absolutely need one.
– via The Ringer
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:
Howard Beck: Jimmy Butler will be traded. Rival executives have been buzzing about it for months, for all the obvious reasons. Butler is about to turn 35 (with a lot of hard miles and a lot of injuries), with one year left on his Heat contract, and is reportedly seeking a two-year, $113 million extension. If the Heat grant it, they’ll have little to no flexibility to add another star. And they absolutely need one.
– via The Ringer

I know someone here that would trade Trae for Jimi even on a ridiculous extension and knowing he'd be gone 70% of the time and a turd 100% of the time.