• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Defense and Hustle Tracking: 2023 - 24 season

TheNorthCydeRises

21 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Excellent data, I may have to check this guy from time to time.  Name sounds familiar.

Metrics love on Clint and OO even in down years partly due to how much they help but I didn’t know it was to this extent.  This is where some intangibles and voice come in, as defensive leaders and problem-solvers you have to hold your guards and wings more accountable.  

I used to feel sorry for Andrew Bynum, Pau Gasol, and Lamar Odom for how often Kobe criticized them in the media, obviously after he did it to their faces.  In the end it worked out because they didn’t have any business winning anything, let alone two.  Obviously I don’t expect our longtime Cs to be Kobe or giving out media fodder but I can tell they aren’t taking charge in practice on that side.  I don’t buy “they didn’t have any POA defenders” and if the team did that’s a sad state of affairs.  Never pressing in the backcourt ever only exacerbates the issue.

Water under the bridge but I was highly disappointed in DJ on the ball.  Many say he was defending out of position, eh.  A lot of the dudes who dropped on his head is combos like he is.

And I’ll believe Vit and Kobe are actually gonna log rotation minutes when I see it.  Dyson isn’t gonna magically catapult the Hawks to a 10-14th defense alone, as great as he projects to be.  The coaching has to step up as well.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AHF said:

So you are really sticking with the "Trae should be making $4.3M a year" thing, huh.  That is amazing Supes. 

You proposing that Trae should make the #268th most money in the NBA.

Kudos for having the cojones to back a view that I can only describe as among the most extreme takes I've ever seen from a post on this site.

I am not saying it's not asinine. Just showing this is what the closest player I can really say is comparable to Trae all time did and if Trae wants to go the same track, I think his results would be similar.

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I am not saying it's not asinine. Just showing this is what the closest player I can really say is comparable to Trae all time did and if Trae wants to go the same track, I think his results would be similar.

I seriously doubt Tiny was the 268th highest paid player in his prime.

On 8/16/2024 at 8:09 AM, benhillboy said:

Bottom-tier rebounding for a starting guard and leading the league in turnovers per game won’t do him any favors with the metrics either.  During Nash’s peak he posted offensive ratings and on/off that Trae will never sniff unfortunately.

Like you and I been saying for years he really doesn’t know how to run sound, varied team offense and metrics capture that as well.

Nash also played with Amare Stoudamire, Shawn Marion, Joe Johnson, Leandro Barbosa, and turned Boris Diaw into a decent offensive weapon.

Plus he also had Raja Bell, one of the best wing defenders in that era.

Trae played with players that wouldn't even crack the starting lineup of the Suns.

On 8/16/2024 at 8:09 AM, benhillboy said:

Bottom-tier rebounding for a starting guard and leading the league in turnovers per game won’t do him any favors with the metrics either.  During Nash’s peak he posted offensive ratings and on/off that Trae will never sniff unfortunately.

Like you and I been saying for years he really doesn’t know how to run sound, varied team offense and metrics capture that as well.

Nash also played with Amare Stoudamire, Shawn Marion, Joe Johnson, Leandro Barbosa, and turned Boris Diaw into a decent offensive weapon.

Plus he also had Raja Bell, one of the best wing defenders in that era.

Trae played with players that wouldn't even crack the starting lineup of the Suns.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2