• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Bally Sports App Issues

Jody23

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, Sothron said:

You can get a year of NBA League Pass along with the game for NBA 2K25 if you get the ultimate edition. It is cheaper to get that than to get the game and League Pass separately. Actually I think that edition is cheaper than just NBA league pass.

11 hours ago, AHF said:

$150 for the Hall of Fame Editiok that gives you free League Pass

https://nba.2k.com/2k25/league-pass-faq/

I was about to say, "Well, I don't play 2K so..." but then I did the maths...and it's a $25 difference paying monthly for one team ($15 for the whole NBA).  Interesting...

Do either of you know if it's the commercial free version?  I can't stand watching the rival arena hoopla during breaks in the action, so I ****REALLY**** need those damn commercials man. 😅

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Wretch said:

I was about to say, "Well, I don't play 2K so..." but then I did the maths...and it's a $25 difference paying monthly for one team ($15 for the whole NBA).  Interesting...

Do either of you know if it's the commercial free version?  I can't stand watching the rival arena hoopla during breaks in the action, so I ****REALLY**** need those damn commercials man. 😅

I think it is the generic NBA commercial or blank screen during commercial breaks.

And I might add...bro you need to play 2k 😛  The MyEra mode that lets you play the 80's, 90's, 00', etc is just so much fun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I thought the game comes out next month or was this 2k24?

It is for 2k25. You can get a year of NBA league pass and the game plus goodies in the game if you get the most expensive edition for 150. That price, I might add, is cheaper if you buy both. I just got my renewal notice from league pass and they want 160 just to renew. Crazy!

see here:

Your NBA League Pass Premium Season-Long subscription will renew for the 2024-25 NBA season on or around September 20, 2024. Your payment method on file will be charged USD 159.99 at that time.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

ok I see what this...the league pass I have is the premium with no adds and you can watch on 3 devices at once.

The base version, which I believe is what this is with the game, has ads and you can watch on only one device at a time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Wretch said:

Which is the version I want anyway. It's about $15 for league pass and for 9 months of NBA games, it'll come out to around $135 total.  I haven't played a single sports game in almost 30 years.  The last sports game I played was NBA Action on the Sega Saturn (1997).

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3jJ1Hve3b0pOHwbbNk

Didn’t even know there was a Sega Saturn.  But I love the graphics.  

Haven’t played anything since NBA Jam.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Didn’t even know there was a Sega Saturn.  But I love the graphics.  

Haven’t played anything since NBA Jam.

I was really into Sports titles in the NES/Genesis/SNES era of gaming.  This was actually a really good game.  I want to say the developers were either the team responsible for NBA Live or they went on to become a big studio afterwards.

I don't know why I stopped playing sports games after this...it's kina strange to me actually. It's almost like I was abducted by aliens and they erased all memory of sports gaming from my brain.  LOL.  I can't remember getting excited about a single sports title since...

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Wretch said:

I was really into Sports titles in the NES/Genesis/SNES era of gaming.  This was actually a really good game.  I want to say the developers were either the team responsible for NBA Live or they went on to become a big studio afterwards.

I don't know why I stopped playing sports games after this...it's kina strange to me actually. It's almost like I was abducted by aliens and they erased all memory of sports gaming from my brain.  LOL.  I can't remember getting excited about a single sports title since...

You are missing out on NBA 2k. Especially since they have the MyEras as a regular mode. The community will have every real player on the teams plus some free agents when they have enough time to update rosters. Our guy @NBASupes also shares his complete drafts from years past as well so you can use them in your franchise mode.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sothron said:

You are missing out on NBA 2k. Especially since they have the MyEras as a regular mode. The community will have every real player on the teams plus some free agents when they have enough time to update rosters. Our guy @NBASupes also shares his complete drafts from years past as well so you can use them in your franchise mode.

I won't have them this year for next gen as I am moving to PC due to modding. I want to play MyEra with all of the bells and whistles once the modders do their thing 

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I won't have them this year for next gen as I am moving to PC due to modding. I want to play MyEra with all of the bells and whistles once the modders do their thing 

Do you mind explaining the extra benefits of modding?

38 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

Do you mind explaining the extra benefits of modding?

Everything. The editors are simple for editing. It takes me over a month to finalize just one draft class. In this case, I can do it in maybe 3 days due to PC editor tools. 

The modders also add jerseys, arenas, and other things that are missing. 

They can change presentation and make NBC look exactly like NBC or ESPN exactly like ESPN. They can universally edit where you can make draft classes more uniformed. That way players play like they are from their era. 90s players were more versatile but less skilled and didn't shoot as well. It's not that they couldn't shoot but they trained different. It was a lot of 5 on 5s. 80s players were more slim and way more pace based and played roles better as they played 4 years of college. 

2000s players were more ISO based and we just started seeing the shooting era in the late 2000s. 

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Sothron said:

Especially since they have the MyEras as a regular mode.

I don’t fully understand what this means. I literally play regular games in the play now mode. I do play the historic teams and the all time teams but my eras confuses me 😂 

18 hours ago, Wretch said:

Which is the version I want anyway. It's about $15 for league pass and for 9 months of NBA games, it'll come out to around $135 total.  I haven't played a single sports game in almost 30 years.  The last sports game I played was NBA Action on the Sega Saturn (1997).

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3jJ1Hve3b0pOHwbbNk

I actually owned this game. Played the shit out of it. Shows my age.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Nbasuperstar40 on PSN

PS5? I’m sorry I’m old. 😞 PlayStation network? 🤷‍♀️ 

Do you and Saff play against each other or on the same team or?

Edited by Spud2nique

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I don’t fully understand what this means. I literally play regular games in the play now mode. I do play the historic teams and the all time teams but my eras confuses me 😂 

you know, the MyEra mode where you pick like Magic/Bird, Jordan, Kobe, Lebron etc eras and then you control a team or all the teams or whatever teams you want in a normal franchise mode just set in those eras.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

PS5? I’m sorry I’m old. 😞 PlayStation network? 🤷‍♀️ 

Do you and Saff play against each other or on the same team or?

PSn is playstation network

I only play solo. my fingers are so bad I can't play against folks, bro. neuropathy from diabetes is real.

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

PSn is playstation network

I only play solo. my fingers are so bad I can't play against folks, bro. neuropathy from diabetes is real.

Ya you mentioned that. Sorry to hear it but I can see the passion is still there and nothing stops you from it, love that Soth! 💗 

• Like 1