• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Bally Sports App Issues

Jody23

3 hours ago, Sothron said:

you know, the MyEra mode where you pick like Magic/Bird, Jordan, Kobe, Lebron etc eras and then you control a team or all the teams or whatever teams you want in a normal franchise mode just set in those eras.

Ok awesome I’ll give it a go. I’m into baseball ⚾️ and Madden right now but I usually get the game when it comes out in September most years. I use the 85 Hawks the classic team and also the all time Hawks but I wanna try the my era and trade players to team up like maybe Nique and Akeem or something. 😊

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Ok awesome I’ll give it a go. I’m into baseball ⚾️ and Madden right now but I usually get the game when it comes out in September most years. I use the 85 Hawks the classic team and also the all time Hawks but I wanna try the my era and trade players to team up like maybe Nique and Akeem or something. 😊

On the Magic/Bird era you start in the 83/84 season because the 84 draft is huge, Hakeem, Jordan, Sir Charles, etc in that draft. I like trading Johnny davis and whoever else to get Jim Paxson from Portland. He is such a great outside shooter that it really helps Nique out. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

This streaming stuff and television viewing is blowing up and not in a good way.  Did any of you had difficulties viewing things you wanted to see?

The US Open broadcast suddenly cut out for DirecTV customers on Sunday evening due to contract dispute with Disney.

Disney blocked access to ESPN, ABC, and other Disney-owned channels for the roughly 11 million DirecTV subscribers after ongoing distribution negotiations went sour. The blackout occurred right before the college football season opener with LSU versus USC. That the hardball tactic occurred during primetime at the US Open and right before the start of the NFL season is no coincidence since it motivates both parties to reach a deal. However, that also means when negotiations fall through, millions of customers suffer the consequences.

According to a statement from DirecTV, "Disney is forcing consumers to pay for channels they don't watch," while DirecTV wants to offer customers more flexibility in terms of the channels they wish to pay for. "Disney's only magic is forcing prices to go up while simultaneously making its content disappear," said said Rob Thun, chief content officer in the press release.

According to a statement from Disney, they're willing to offer flexibility of channels, but "will not enter into an agreement that undervalues our portfolio of television channels and programs." Exactly, a year ago Disney pulled the same move with cable company Spectrum, which resulted in a 10-day blackout. So one thing is certain: during one of the biggest sports broadcasting moments of the year, customers are losing out.

Disney vs. DirecTV: No more sports until the contract dispute is resolved. (msn.com)

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Yeah it's beyond silly at this point.   And I can't believe Bally can sell any advertising since their viewer base has to be a fraction of what it once was.  

This is the craziest to me.  By holding out from all these TV providers they are missing so many potential viewers.  People will find an illegal stream if they want to watch or simply quit watching.  The ratings have to be way lower than they should be, leading to lower ad revenue.  I understand some healthy negotiations but they have been off the major providers like Youtube TV for multiple years now and are on the verge of bankruptcy.  Are the TV providers just lowballing by THAT much?  They are willing to go bankrupt to "win" the negotiation?

It makes no sense to me.

• Like 2

On 8/27/2024 at 7:33 PM, Sothron said:

On the Magic/Bird era you start in the 83/84 season because the 84 draft is huge, Hakeem, Jordan, Sir Charles, etc in that draft. I like trading Johnny davis and whoever else to get Jim Paxson from Portland. He is such a great outside shooter that it really helps Nique out. 

Today is the day 🥳 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Amazon nears major deal to broadcast NBA, MLB and NHL games on Prime streaming: sources

Under the deal, Amazon would broadcast all NBA games that are not nationally televised for the Atlanta Hawks, Charlotte Hornets, Cleveland Cavaliers, Detroit Pistons, Indiana Pacers, Los Angeles Clippers, Memphis Grizzlies, Miami Heat, Milwaukee Bucks, Minnesota Timberwolves, Oklahoma City Thunder, and the San Antonio Spurs.

This is great news. I was actually coming here to ask if anyone knew anything about uzzu.tv?  Supposedly there are no blackouts and they carry all of the NBA games.

Do you know if that's true? Seems too good to be true to me, but was considering trying it since the Ballys app doesn't work 75% of the time. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

This is great news. I was actually coming here to ask if anyone knew anything about uzzu.tv?  Supposedly there are no blackouts and they carry all of the NBA games.

Do you know if that's true? Seems too good to be true to me, but was considering trying it since the Ballys app doesn't work 75% of the time. 

I haven't looked into uzzo much, but it seems...sketch. lol With powerhouses like Youtube, Hulu, Amazon, and the cable companies fighting over streaming deals...I have no idea how Uzzu would be able to do what they do.  The only thing I can think of is some roundabout way they host pirate streams while ducking through legal loopholes.

Also, I was reading a Reddit thread from people who have used it. There's some complaints about reliability or quality...not sure, just that it didn't work well for some folks.  The other issue they were having is with the terms of the contract the OP of one thread was saying that he didn't want to renew because it's now a 1year subscription.

In regards to this Amazon thing, it seems legit as the NY Post has picked it up:
https://nypost.com/2024/09/05/business/amazon-nears-major-deal-to-broadcast-nba-mlb-and-nhl-games-sources/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wretch said:

I haven't looked into uzzo much, but it seems...sketch. lol With powerhouses like Youtube, Hulu, Amazon, and the cable companies fighting over streaming deals...I have no idea how Uzzu would be able to do what they do.  The only thing I can think of is some roundabout way they host pirate streams while ducking through legal loopholes.

Also, I was reading a Reddit thread from people who have used it. There's some complaints about reliability or quality...not sure, just that it didn't work well for some folks.  The other issue they were having is with the terms of the contract the OP of one thread was saying that he didn't want to renew because it's now a 1year subscription.

In regards to this Amazon thing, it seems legit as the NY Post has picked it up:
https://nypost.com/2024/09/05/business/amazon-nears-major-deal-to-broadcast-nba-mlb-and-nhl-games-sources/

From what I can tell from the website, uzzu has weekly, monthly,  and yearly subs and they are all super cheap which is why I'm super skeptical. You generally get what you pay for. 

We already have Prime so if that comes to fruition, I'll be excited to have reliable Hawks coverage.

• Like 1

• Moderators

if this prime thing happens i'm going to be super excited.   I wonder if they will use the bally crews or have their own though?  

As soon as this happens Directv is going to lose a TON of customers. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

if this prime thing happens i'm going to be super excited.   I wonder if they will use the bally crews or have their own though?  

As soon as this happens Directv is going to lose a TON of customers. 

It looks like they'll carry the Bally Broadcast for the games that aren't nationally televised - and that better be the case as I'm not paying to listen to impartial commentary. I wouldn't watch it even if it was free without Bob and Nique. I need my homer broadcast team. LOL

They'll have their own team and themes for the nationally televised games.

*edit - Also, the deal is not exclusive.  So Bally will still be able to broadcast on their app and make deals with other streaming services.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Right now, DirectTV stream, Fubo and Xfinity are the only streaming options for Bally to see Hawks games. Bally has its own app and Amazon is probably going to offer it as an option for 20 dollars a month.

Once DirectTV gets their crap with Disney fixed, I personally will just stick with DirectTV stream and use NBA 2K to get NBA league pass. Fubo does NOT have Warner Discovery channels which means games on TNT and TBS (if any) will not be on Fubo. 

So DirectTV is the best IMO legal option to watch Hawks games. 20 bucks a month JUST for Bally sports is silly af to me. For like 80 dollars more a month I can get literally hundreds more channels plus DVR etc. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 9/8/2024 at 2:32 AM, Sothron said:

Right now, DirectTV stream, Fubo and Xfinity are the only streaming options for Bally to see Hawks games. Bally has its own app and Amazon is probably going to offer it as an option for 20 dollars a month.

Once DirectTV gets their crap with Disney fixed, I personally will just stick with DirectTV stream and use NBA 2K to get NBA league pass. Fubo does NOT have Warner Discovery channels which means games on TNT and TBS (if any) will not be on Fubo. 

So DirectTV is the best IMO legal option to watch Hawks games. 20 bucks a month JUST for Bally sports is silly af to me. For like 80 dollars more a month I can get literally hundreds more channels plus DVR etc. 

This is the math i've been using for the last few years too and staying with dtv.  But that's partially because the bally app is sooooo bad.   if Amazon's offering is good I'm happy to pay them $20 for Hawks and then go back to YouTube TV for everything else at $70ish a month.   Price wise it's a wash but DirecTV is not nearly as good as ytv imo.  

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Mike Vorkunov: Adam Silver said NBA teams who broadcast on Bally Sports RSNs agreed to “taking significantly lower fees this season” to make its deal with Diamond Sports work. Last month, Diamond promised it would operate through the 2024-25 NBA season regardless of what happens in bankruptcy.

• Thanks 1

On 9/10/2024 at 4:58 PM, JayBirdHawk said:
Mike Vorkunov: Adam Silver said NBA teams who broadcast on Bally Sports RSNs agreed to “taking significantly lower fees this season” to make its deal with Diamond Sports work. Last month, Diamond promised it would operate through the 2024-25 NBA season regardless of what happens in bankruptcy.

Old Tony about to start pinching those pennies.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Old Tony about to start pinching those pennies.

Starts from top to bottom and this dude going downhill. He’s doing the same thing to Trae’s career and prime that the old admin did to Nique. It’s tough to watch. 🤦‍♀️ 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

22 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Starts from top to bottom and this dude going downhill. He’s doing the same thing to Trae’s career and prime that the old admin did to Nique. It’s tough to watch. 🤦‍♀️ 

I detect no lies. 

Eta.  And you know trading him outta town is the 'finishing move'. 

Edited by kg01
  • Like 2

On 9/5/2024 at 5:58 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Amazon nears major deal to broadcast NBA, MLB and NHL games on Prime streaming: sources

Under the deal, Amazon would broadcast all NBA games that are not nationally televised for the Atlanta Hawks, Charlotte Hornets, Cleveland Cavaliers, Detroit Pistons, Indiana Pacers, Los Angeles Clippers, Memphis Grizzlies, Miami Heat, Milwaukee Bucks, Minnesota Timberwolves, Oklahoma City Thunder, and the San Antonio Spurs.

So basically all of the Bally's Sports Network teams.