• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Pistons -- IST Group Play Game 1

lethalweapon3

8 minutes ago, terrell said:

I would be fine with trading Dre AND letting Bey walk. smh

I would be to for the right players coming back.   I still personally think Jalen johnson is more than capable of being a 3.  Honestly i think he would be better at it with his complete package that he provides.   We for sure need someone with size coming back though to pair with Onyeka.  Kat would probably be the guy who checks the most boxes more than likely of things that help us.    Size, being able to stretch the defense, capable of descent defense although this year is really good on D for him,  Pairs with Oyeka as a counter to what he brings.

The assets available to go after someone like him would be Capela, Hunter, Bey, Bufkin, AJ, Mills, and 2 1st round picks.    We would have to put a package around those pieces to keep the rest of the main group together.

Although if you have a different big in mind you think would work as well or better im more than open to other players.  Thats just the 1 guy i was thinking that covers alot of our issues.

8 minutes ago, terrell said:

Murray should be our starting PG..

Hes been excellent most of the season..

Where as i like Trae and always will i still think Murray as our starting PG and a better fit with someone like Brown instead of trae at the 2 or 3 would make our team much better.  It provides alot more size and defense from top to bottom without losing a ton of what trae brings you.

Although it's armchair GMing i think if i could build a team thats atleast somewhat possible to trade for this would be my starting grouping.

Trade Trae for Brown   Via a 2 team or 3 team trade.  If Brown needs to be moved this offseason. 

Trade a package for Kat from the grouping i said earlier. 

Starting 5 would be

PG - Murray - 6'5 - 2 way capable PG
SG - Brown -  6'6 - 2 way off ball SG would work well with Murray.
SF - Johnson - 6'8 - 2 way athletic SF that can play PF if need be and can really do everything on the court lol.
PF - Onyeka -  Can put him at C instead if wanted but more of a elite def. PF with avg offense around the rim.
C - KAT - At times Capable 2 way Stretch 5 with great size.  Having a elite def PF next to him like Onyeka helps.

thats 3 stars with 2 very capable guys in Johnson and Onyeka on cheap contracts.   Then just build the bench around them as you see fit.    Brown can be changed to a different SG with size as well but i have always wanted him as a hawk 😄

Edited by Threezus
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Seems like the only contributions from certain posters are non stop complaints!

Hold on now wouldn't you be considered that same type of poster 😄  Yall might complain about different things.  But 100% you complain just as much as alot of the guys you are talking about.   It just so happens yall hate each others complaining because it's stuff yall are on different sides of.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I guess Wiseman can't help the Hawks. Come on we got Bruno Fernandez on the roster and we are playing an undersized OO. We have some real  questions on our front. We  definitely need help at all three positions.  I'm not saying Wiseman is a savior but he could help a severely undersized squad.