• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JTB said:

@Sothron , @NBASupes, @Vol4ever

is there any inside news you can share about Trae & DJ relationship with all these losses ?…..do they still have a high desire to play together?….are they on the same page in terms of what they want for this team ?

is Siakam a player that those two guys covet as some sort of missing piece?

im really interested to know where these two are with their relationship and going forward.

perhaps @macdaddy is right that Trae & DJ and the FO planned to trade Murray cause they knew this wasn’t going to work.

is there any inside news you can share about Trae & DJ relationship with all these losses ?…..do they still have a high desire to play together?….are they on the same page in terms of what they want for this team ?     

I'm more friends on the business side of things.   

is Siakam a player that those two guys covet as some sort of missing piece?

Yes, Definitely.  they been trying to get him since the spring.  His reluctance to come here apparently is part of the problem. 

im really interested to know where these two are with their relationship and going forward.

I dont know this but I believe they are on the same page and get along well.  They both want to win period.  

perhaps @macdaddy is right that Trae & DJ and the FO planned to trade Murray cause they knew this wasn’t going to work.

I think the concern is more they may have to move DJ to get back what they are looking for in a SF or big.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We talk bad about Murray's defense.  Yet, he leads the Hawks in steals and, I believe, he's #2 in the east.  Trae has improved his defense a lot this season.  In fact, he's almost up to average!  Murray plays PG when Trae is out.  Trae plays PG when Murray is out.

Apparently the Hawks had hopes for Kobe Bufkin when they drafted him.  He hasn't had the opportunity to do anything because of injury.  He's now with the Skyhawks, knocking off the rust.  He might be the key we're looking for if we trade one of our two PGs.

We don't really want to lose either Young or Murray.  It may be necessary if we are going to get a bigger PF or center.  If Atlanta makes no real moves this season, is there anyone with great size, a center or a PF, that will be on the list of players available to draft?  How about those players overseas who are already pros?  Anyone we might sign??

Looking at the G League.  Any prospects there we might offer a 10-day trial run?  

As you can see, I have questions but no answers.  Help me out here.  Looking for your answers.

🤔

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I haven't heard anything negative from DJ on Atlanta or his relationship with the organization or with Trae. 

I haven't even heard any real reason why Atlanta his officially put him on the block. 

Note: Trae and DJ have the same agency which is Klutch. 

Trae explored leaving klutch all last summer just didn’t find a new agency he liked… 

dj doesn’t like his role here he wants to be a pg. it’ll come out soon 

13 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

We talk bad about Murray's defense.  Yet, he leads the Hawks in steals and, I believe, he's #2 in the east.  Trae has improved his defense a lot this season.  In fact, he's almost up to average!  Murray plays PG when Trae is out.  Trae plays PG when Murray is out.

Apparently the Hawks had hopes for Kobe Bufkin when they drafted him.  He hasn't had the opportunity to do anything because of injury.  He's now with the Skyhawks, knocking off the rust.  He might be the key we're looking for if we trade one of our two PGs.

We don't really want to lose either Young or Murray.  It may be necessary if we are going to get a bigger PF or center.  If Atlanta makes no real moves this season, is there anyone with great size, a center or a PF, that will be on the list of players available to draft?  How about those players overseas who are already pros?  Anyone we might sign??

Looking at the G League.  Any prospects there we might offer a 10-day trial run?  

As you can see, I have questions but no answers.  Help me out here.  Looking for your answers.

🤔

His defense is still excellent for a PG. It just sucks ass for a 2. He's too small at the 2 and not athletic enough to overcome the size difference. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, gurpilo said:

I would rebuild around DJM and JJ and trade everyone else.

Capela, OO, Hunter, Bey, Bogi... All are average or below average and have flaws we cannot cover. 

Young, I cannot see a contender building around him, is impossible for us.

We haven't tried to build a contender around Trae.

We're too scared to go into the Luxury Tax to build a contender.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Just a FYI

Dre been on the trading blocking for nearly 2 years. 

Bogi was on the block for 2 years till more recently

Capela been on the block for now 3 years. 

Trae was on the block for a couple months then TS was fired

Being on the block is normal in this organization. 

Everyone but OO has been on the block and he will likely be on the block next year as he's no longer a rookie contract. 

It's what the Hawks do. Travis did it and Landry is doing it. 

JC had the longest run on the block with 4 years. 

Kevin had the shortest run that's been traded with a couple of months. 

So the Hawks organization likes to keep their players on the block, like they're a pimp in the 1970s?

Keep them on the block, but afraid to pull off a blockbuster deal.

• Like 1

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

So the Hawks organization likes to keep their players on the block, like they're a pimp in the 1970s?

Keep them on the block, but afraid to pull off a blockbuster deal.

Believe me, if there was a deal to do, they would do it in a flash

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

All this talk about having a more balanced team is pure comedy.  We've seen how that movie ends.

The fix is to build around trae.  Periodt. 

Yep.

We need help in the frontcourt with our rebounding.   JJ will help.   However, Snyder needs to make sure that the lineups make sense. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Final_quest said:

I think the fit hasn't worked with Murray, but since he signed for such a great deal I'm optimistic we can actually come out ahead in a trade.  I'd hope for two 1sts back plus a young player on Jalen's level and filler.  

This is just it.  I don't think the fit has failed.  I just think the team is incomplete.  Behind Trae and DJ, you have some poor shooters.  You have some poor rebounder.  You don't have a strong defensive presence.   JJ is the third part to what I would call success but we have to build the right way to that.

• Like 1

@TheNorthCydeRises @NBASupes What are your thoughts on Luka Samanic?  23, 6’10, 225, athletic big that runs the floor, can shoot and play at the rim.  Tore it up in the G League (I know…G League). Former first round pick but has moved around between orgs since he was drafted (Spurs, Knicks Celtics). Something about his work ethic then and not committing to growing as a player?  Got a shot with Utah and doesn’t get many minutes but seems like he has some upside.  Cheap.  Contract through 23/24.  Scouting Report knocks his wingspan and perceived ability to score on average NBA defenders.  But Gueye’s isn’t eye opening either and we drafted him.

A more established vet would be ideal.  But considering all things, FO woes included, you think he could contribute if given a chance or not worth the time/risk/effort?

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

they may have to move DJ to get back what they are looking for in a SF or big.  

The truth is that if we're looking for a high quality player to play Sf or Big, I would match one of our Bigs/Sf with Bogi to get it done.   Truth is DJ is not playing bad.  We're just losing.   We're losing and the knee Jerk reaction is trade Trae.. trade DJ...   That's BS.  While Bogi is our best shooter, we don't know how long those knees have.   Maybe get his bad Knees and Dre Bad Knees and even AJ's personal problems and come back with a certified scorer/rebounder who can play the 4 and Move JJ to the 3.  

• Like 4

• Premium Member
50 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

Chicken or the egg.  

This is how Ressler weasels his away around just saying he won't pay the LT. He knows you have to pay it to be a serious contender. He won't pay it. He is only into this team to flip it for way more than he bought it for.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3