• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, Sothron said:

This is how Ressler weasels his away around just saying he won't pay the LT. He knows you have to pay it to be a serious contender. He won't pay it. He is only into this team to flip it for way more than he bought it for.

I do not believe this at all.  Ressler attends every single game— hes a billionaire.  Why would he do that if he was just interested in flipping the team to growth his wealth?  He could be anywhere in the world doing anything at all and he spends his time watching this team play.  Its pretty clear to me the guy is invested in the team beyond just money, even if he oversteps his boundaries with the FO.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Here are our options:

1) Stand pat, keep everyone, and let people develop into their roles for the entire year.

2) Trade off role players for better fitting role players, and see if that helps our chemistry.

3) Make a major move to bring in more talent, by trading multiple players and draft picks

4) Say "F the Vets" and bring up all of the kids and play them, essentially tanking the season. ( Bufkin, Gueye, Lundy become rotation players )

5) Blow it all up, trade Trae, and start over.

Um. Well. Pardon the observation. But. There's also...

6) Adopt a different NBA team where you perceive reason for confidence in ownership's highest priority on hoisting the banner.

(I've done that. It's really hard unless you have a scumbag owner like Jim Crane who has a blatant history of open disregard for fans. I don't recommend it because it really requires an overhaul of your mind to get yourself reoriented to a whole other roster, coach and front office.)

7) Take a hiatus until you perceive reason for confidence in current ownership's highest priority on hoisting a banner.

8 ) Take a hiatus until the franchise is flipped at a price that satisfies current ownership.

Not pleasant. But, emotionally maybe more healthy. Maybe. In the bigger picture.

Some don't like me saying so, but I can only tell you that the water is warm over here in the hiatus pool... and yes, you can keep your friendships with other Hawks fans... without the constant beating your head against the wall otherwise.

Just sayin.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I do not believe this at all.  Ressler attends every single game— hes a billionaire.  Why would he do that if he was just interested in flipping the team to growth his wealth?  He could be anywhere in the world doing anything at all and he spends his time watching this team play.  Its pretty clear to me the guy is invested in the team beyond just money, even if he oversteps his boundaries with the FO.

Donald Sterling was a billionaire that attended every game. Every one. He never cared about winning. Ressler wants to flip this franchise. Don't be shocked if this team is sold over the next three years.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member

1. Ressler is competitive. I do not doubt he wants his team to win.

2. Ressler's actions have demonstrated his highest priority. Winning a championship isn't it. Black ink is. And among the best ways to ensure you're generating black ink? Win... enough... and don't spend too much.

3. Ressler clearly understood from the git-go the importance of convincing Atlanta fans that he's not just a California-based carpetbagging owner, but he's "true to Atlanta," and in turn, he wants all Atlantans who, like him, aren't natives to the region, to follow his lead.... which... yeah... is Marketing 101... black ink.

4. Why would an owner feel so immersed in a team if winning a championship isn't his/her highest priority, though?

Well... there's this... maybe this helps solve that riddle (?)...

Link: https://www.streetopia.me/m/news/60a7af9d8ecb984cbf376f3b/should-we-invest-in-stocks-or-in-an-nba-franchise

2023-12-27_18-11-07.png

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Sothron said:

So from hearing from my sources and listening to a few plugged in national guys I think it is safe to speculate the following are on the trade block

Hunter

Capela

Patty

AJ

Bogi

A tier above that would be:

DJM

I do not think Trae, JJ, OO or the rookies are on the trade block. Of those guys OO might become available over the summer. The other names mentioned would definitely be available if not moved before the deadline.

Everyone is available but Trae for the right superstar

But OO but he's available too for the draft season. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

What I was told today, Tony ain't trying to get rid of his cash cow and he wants to keep him happy. Trae wants another superstar. I am told they are willing trade whoever to get that. 

I hope Trae isn't the psuedo GM. Catering to the star's wants rarely ends well. They are the worst when it comes to player evaluation and want the team needs.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I never cared for any starters in the Trae era outside of Steroid John and Jalen.  All my favs have been reserves: OO, Ded, Bey, Kevin, Lin, “Pierre” Bembry, Delon of course, Gallo, and my boy Bogi.

To answer your question Clint has had the obvious highest impact on winning since he arrived keeping the defense on the brink of professionalism and he’s a putrid offensive on ball player.  Don’t make me answer any more questions about the Hawks, yall need League Pass bad lol.  A four minute stretch of OKC is more entertaining than 48 from the Hawks.  Jaime Jaquez (fireable offense taking Bufkin over him) on Christmas was more impressive than Dre’s whole career.

I will leave you with this nugget heading into Thursdays game versus the Kings:

Trae has played head-to-head versus most of his peers this season.  Young high usage small guards under 27:

SGA 

Brunson X2 

Haliburton 

Garland 

Ja 

LaMelo 

He’s 1-6, only win coming versus LaMelo who’s a whole clown casserole. 8-15 dating back to last season.  Hawks have lost 3 games to Charlotte and Cleveland with Trae in and Ball and Garland out (full starting lineup for the Hawks in both Charlotte games)  

I don’t know who you expect to pair with Trae and magically become a contender, I told y’all anyone short of Jimmy Butler ain’t making any difference.  I’m a heat fan so your notion of trying to build a super team of talent and high draft picks around Trae doesn’t register.  He doesn’t even have the intangibles to add to great chemistry, only subtract. If you wanna knock Garland and Fox for playing alongside Mitchell and Sabonis to discount Trae’s supporting cast go ahead, that’s fair.  DJ and Clint can’t hold their ball sacks:  But Traes style, size, and IQ will clash with almost any  player with an intelligent floor game and great impact metrics.

Fox will more than likely make it 1-7.  If Trae can’t be a floor raiser versus these guys what chance in hell does he have to do so versus AS level veteran wings?  About as slim as Maute Bol on a water fast.  Max deal wasted, he and DJ’s impact ain’t about nothing bro.  If  it isn’t evident on the floor you’re on BB-Ref enough to see that when compared to the rest of the league.  You are still on pace to win our bet tho, ever so slightly.

Yeah man something has to change..

This roster aint it...

Weve been a 500. team for a while now...

The Hawks are the definition of MID

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, yungsta said:

I hope Trae isn't the psuedo GM. Catering to the star's wants rarely ends well. They are the worst when it comes to player evaluation and want the team needs.

I don't believe he is in this specific case. 

Oh and Kobe and Gueye are also not available as well as Lundy. They aren't interested in trading the rookies. But everyone else is available for the right package to land another superstar. 

Think top 20 player or Zion who Atlanta covets. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

@Sothron, Ive been giving you a hard time on the soft rebuild but that's basically what they are looking to do.

They are not open to trading either 2024 pick but open to trading future picks and pick swaps. Open to massive trades where we get a superstar and give up most of the roster for the superstar and scraps. 

It's clear. They want to a fresh 2024 with Trae and the other superstar. That's what their plan is. It seems like OO is in the picture for now with Kobe and Gueye. 

Thanks. I think that is exactly what will happen. 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, yungsta said:

I know that Trae wants this team to succeed but he can't play as the pseudo-GM, I mean he already did that and that is reason why we are in this mess right now.

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

@Sothron, Ive been giving you a hard time on the soft rebuild but that's basically what they are looking to do.

They are not open to trading either 2024 pick but open to trading future picks and pick swaps. Open to massive trades where we get a superstar and give up most of the roster for the superstar and scraps. 

It's clear. They want to a fresh 2024 with Trae and the other superstar. That's what their plan is. It seems like OO is in the picture for now with Kobe and Gueye. 

I know you wouldnt mind going after Zion, so how about this?

Pels get Murray, CC, AJ, and Mills(50 mill)

Hawks get Zion, Big Val,(1 yr left on deal) and K Lewis Jr(55 mill)

Starters

Trae/Bogi/JJ/Zion/Jonas

Bench(for now)

Lewis/Bey/Dre/Gueye/OO

Pels roll with Murray, CJ, Murphy, Ingram, Capela 

Thoughts

• Like 4

1 minute ago, terrell said:

I know you wouldnt mind going after Zion, so how about this?

Pels get Murray, CC, AJ, and Mills(50 mill)

Hawks get Zion, Big Val,(1 yr left on deal) and K Lewis Jr(55 mill)

Starters

Trae/Bogi/JJ/Zion/Jonas

Bench(for now)

Lewis/Bey/Dre/Gueye/OO

Pels roll with Murray, CJ, Murphy, Ingram, Capela 

Thoughts

How you draw it up, that's what they are targeting. It's gonna be a package deal. 

• Like 1