• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Trae is among the best players in the league with the ball.  Why are people obsessed with him playing off the ball?  

People forget that when it was the Detroit Pistons (Bad Boys)... It was Isiah Thomas and this 6'3" PG out of McNeese State University.   Coach Daly said, I'm going to play them together at the same time.   However, he never said that he would play Isiah off ball.  Nor can I recall Isiah ever being off Ball.  It would have been to the other team's benefit if Zeke had played off Ball. 

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Sothron said:

Siakam to Atlanta seems likely now and could be done soon. Not the direction I would choose to go but owning his rights if he wants to leave in the offseason at least gives us something to work with.

I am not in love with bringing in Siakam... However, if the trade is for Hunter/Aj/Mills... I can deal with it.  Because at the end of the day, he will introduce offense.  Just so long as he doesn't get in JJ's way.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Love home grown talent but Siakam is a far superior defender which is what we need.  I still love JJ though and will be sad if this is what we end up doing.  They should be attaching a pick to this trade cus JJ is a quality first rounder.

???

Hell No.

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, warcore said:

I absolutely hate this FO if they trade JJ for Suckem. He's already a great fit for this team and has impact on both ends. He's young as hell and still has another year on his rookie deal. It won't be nearly as expensive to sign him to his next deal as it would Suckem. And Suckem would be on the down hill while JJ would be entering his prime. 

I am hoping that Trae would use his veto power and deny that deal!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, kg01 said:

While I do think he should be better off-ball as a way for him and us to be more dangerous offensively, I agree with your sentiment.

Yes, he needs to be better off-ball, but people need to stop acting like 'him needing to get better' is what ails us. 

I keep saying to truly have Trae off ball requires specific sets with timely screens, cuts, etc, and most importantly, someone to actually deliver the ball for those opportunities. Move him with PURPOSE AND INTENTION!

I do think in some instances, I need Trae to relocate his position on the floor in lieu of being just stationary.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I was told verbatim the only safe player was Trae. That means JJ could be traded for Siakam or someone else.

If they actually include JJ in a deal for Siakam I will go ape shit for that kind of overpay.

Siakam wants to go to Philly. Everyone in the NBA knows this. His old coach and his countryman and good friend Embiid are there. 

Seems like a for sure rental. Makes it tough to trade for him unless little Nicky can convince his dad that he has to max Siakam with any hopes of keeping him 

or maybe the plan is to SnT Siakam worse case for Tobias Harris + filler.

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Siakam wants to go to Philly. Everyone in the NBA knows this. His old coach and his countryman and good friend Embiid are there. 

Exactly. 

Sixers don't currently have desirable assets to acquire him. They have a Tobias Harris or a plethora of smaller expirings like Batum, Covington etc.

Hawks shouldn't pay the freight now for Sixers to get him in FAcy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JTB said:

Seems like a for sure rental. Makes it tough to trade for him unless little Nicky can convince his dad that he has to max Siakam with any hopes of keeping him 

or maybe the plan is to SnT Siakam worse case for Tobias Harris + filler.

So a double SnT or we'd just get a TPE. Just a reminder Philly is under no obligation since they can sign Siakam outright.

I'd rather facilitate a 3way trade now, with the Hawks getting Tobias OR Philly expiring to clear salary for next season and prepare for the 'soft rebuild'

• Like 2

• Premium Member

JJ is our second best player, if we trade him for Pascal it’s a disaster. Pascal would be our third best player.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member

JJ is our second best player, if we trade him for Pascal it’s a disaster. Pascal would be our third best player.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

I wish the Hawks would stop talking to the Raptors.

Who says they are..

only message board and twitter posters

why get riled up over fan fiction

nobody on this board or elsewhere saw the OG to Knicks trade coming.

Nobody has a clue about anything including posters here.

its all just fan theories 

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Sothron said:

Djm has scrubbed all Hawks mentions from all his social media today 

I don't think it was just today. I saw a post almost 2 weeks ago that he had done that though.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Who says they are..

only message board and twitter posters

why get riled up over fan fiction

nobody on this board or elsewhere saw the OG to Knicks trade coming.

Nobody has a clue about anything including posters here.

its all just fan theories 

Reputable reporters who cover the league, such as Brad Rowland and Michael Scotto, have said the teams have talked recently.