• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

1 minute ago, Watchman said:

Oops. 

John Collins stock and team value is even worse in Utah than it was here in Atl….. it is a miracle that Utah took him off our hands.......

https://www.si.com/nba/jazz/news/jazz-john-collins-trade-biggest-regret-2023

Yeah, you're absolutely right...basketball related.

How is it not?

Its about the Jazz. lol

Edited by terrell

31 minutes ago, Watchman said:

I doubt that.  Trae was all for getting rid of him, because he dared to stand up to him in a team meeting.

Look, I don’t take pleasure in seeing JC show himself to be exactly the player I always figured he was, but what annoys me is shit like this...

A lot of anti-Trae opinions formed around the league were on the basis that he was somehow at fault for JC’s role in the offense diminishing and JC’s discontent, and this season should really show how asinine that line of thinking was, but Im sure you or nobody else, are going to go back and reevaluate the bad takes they formed about Trae on that basis. Right?

I got issues with Trae game at times myself, but that shit was/is ridiculous..

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Watchman said:

Would you want a starting 5 of Trae caliber players?  How about Bey?  How about Hunter?  How about OO?  None of them can carry a team any more than JC can.  Why single him out?

Trae? Yeah, absolutely but we couldnt afford that lol… JC is singled out cus hes a very low tier starter on a contract that signals mid-high tier starter

12 minutes ago, Sothron said:

We are hoping Hunter's knee will hold up for a trade when he is checked out again.

DJM believes he will be traded either before the deadline or this summer.

Capela has said the same.

Knicks are trying hard to swing a deal for DJM. 

I don't understand why the Knicks would want Dejounte.  Even with OJ they need another big wing, not a smallish two guard.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Snippets below, but read entire article to get full context.

The Raptors are a tough team to deal with. Ujiri and this front office have always maintained high standards when it comes to the trade deadline, which is why there are some rival teams who feel as if the Raptors look to take advantage of them.

“First of all, that team is always setting the price extremely high on their players, sometimes to the point that makes you laugh,” one Eastern Conference executive shared with ClutchPoints. “Obviously, you always want to try and get the most for your players, that's the nature of the game. At some point, you have to be willing to budge and actually negotiate instead of saying, ‘This is our price, take it or leave it.' Over the years, everything has seemed pretty one-sided when talking trades with them.”

As of right now, the general belief around the league is that the Raptors are looking for two players who can fit in with their rotation right away, along with two future first-round picks......

If Siakam goes to the Hawks, Murray would not be going anywhere. This is where things can become confusing, especially since the Knicks do not necessarily have the assets to blow the Hawks away in an offer for Murray at this time.....

The Hawks are in a position where they can be both buyers and sellers at the trade deadline this season. Pursuing Siakam remains the focus in Atlanta, leading many to suggest that Murray will not be going anywhere in the coming weeks.....

The fact of the matter is the Hawks have had no plans of losing Murray and envision him being a factor in the team's growth alongside Young. 

There has to be belief that Siakam might resign with us if they trade for him. Even if his preference is Philly. Maybe the FO believes that if they trade for him and we do well then he’ll be open to coming back? 🤔

otherwise, I don’t know why we haven’t let this go.  I’d love the thought of retaining Murray though. 

1 hour ago, terrell said:

Look, I don’t take pleasure in seeing JC show himself to be exactly the player I always figured he was, but what annoys me is shit like this...

A lot of anti-Trae opinions formed around the league were on the basis that he was somehow at fault for JC’s role in the offense diminishing and JC’s discontent, and this season should really show how asinine that line of thinking was, but Im sure you or nobody else, are going to go back and reevaluate the bad takes they formed about Trae on that basis. Right?

I got issues with Trae game at times myself, but that shit was/is ridiculous..

All the pro JC takes are not looking good at the moment….including saying we gave him away for nothing.

Additionally read the Kings forum on Huerter.  That pick we got for him is worth more than the player.  Huerter isn’t making much impact these days either.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

We should keep DJ he might dog it up in the playoffs.. assuming and fully well KNOWING WE WILL GET THERE.. 😕 

The pair are looking better with JJ in there.  Room to improve…but looking better.

Side note, I was wondering….does anybody have any news on TOR Christian Koloko?  I read he was doing light drills but nothing in depth regarding his condition.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I"m not seeing how Utah could be disappointed.  What were they expecting?  Collins is rebounding and shooting better than he has in the past few years.   If they were expecting something more that 17/10 38% from 3 per36 then they are dumber than i thought. 

They are disappointed because he was supposed to be a reclaimation project and go up in value.  You’re giving his per 36 stats.  Teams don’t want to pay $27M for his actual production of 13/8.  You think the Jazz expected 13 points and 8 rebounds?  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

The Siakam Saga is just tiring at this point. Going on 7 months straight of speculation… while we haven’t gotten to JC level of years of the same story, this will approach that probably.

It’s really looking like Trae is pushing for this pretty hard.  My take at the moment.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

It’s really looking like Trae is pushing for this pretty hard.  My take at the moment.

One of the insiders reported that Synder loves Siakam too.

I don’t recall if that was @NBASupes or @Sothron but I believe the FO is likely getting pushed by Trae and Synder to bring Siakam on board.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Packfill said:

I don't understand why the Knicks would want Dejounte.  Even with OJ they need another big wing, not a smallish two guard.

They want to pair him up with Brunson. It is basically the same mentality the Hawks had with pairing him up with Trae. They believe they can give us an expiring deal in Evan and some of their firsts and we will take it.