• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Travis was right. Travis knew he was right, and he had no desire to stick around and watch this team dissolve in to exactly what we are seeing on the court right now.

He had a plan, but 2 or 3 people within this organization had their own plan. And the only people who suffered are the fans who have watched us piss away 2 seasons and key assets for nothing. Just to end up back at square but now worse than we were when this whole this started.

Quinn was the silver lining from the drama last season and he is proving more and more that even he isn’t a savior.

Resser has some splaining to do my friend.

Nah Ressler has the $$$.  It's his toy.  Unfortunately he is allowing the wrong people to advise him.  Landry and Korver don't have a clue.   Young people usually have drive but the problem is the knowledge is lagging behind.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jody23 said:

Considering ownership's lust for avoiding the tax, I'm guessing it will be the Knicks in a potential Murray deal.  Wouldn't Evan Fournier's expiring deal help with avoiding the tax next season?

If we trade with the Knicks, Josh Hart better be in that deal.

Even if he can't shoot, I know he'll defend and rebound.

• Like 1

HoopsHype has said, over and over, Atlanta is open on the trade market.  There are two Hawks who are not available.  We all here know this.  Trae and JJ are not going anywhere.  Everyone else is available, if the price is right!

Perhaps we value our players too high, and nothing happens.  Don't count on it!  

We continue to hold on and hold out.  We ain't giving away anyone!  Meet our price or it's no sale.

:bb:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Sothron said:

When DJM is traded, and it is 100% certain he is being traded, I will go into more details about other offers we had and why they didn't work out.

I am really really interested in hearing about all the possibilities of what could have been, but you know you are going to get some serious grief from certain posters here questioning your “insider-ness” & accusing you of making ish up. 

Brace yourself, and Godspeed @Sothron.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

To be fair anything myself or anyone else posits on this forum is "opinion" unless it is a verifiable objective truth which falls under "fact". Think about all the times a GM or coach is fired in all sports. Then think about how many times an owner or GM said they made a mistake with the firing. How many times has that actually been said in public? Does that mean it isn't true because it was never established as "fact"?

This is a trade rumor thread and you're an "insider", so making definitive statements like "Tony regrets firing Travis but he will never say so in public" or "Nick has a large voice in this team" seem to take advantage of the ambiguous nature of your commentary, if not specifically cited as "I think" or "my opinion is that...".  That's all I'm addressing, as the statements do not have proper context to decipher fact versus opinion.  

And for DJs situation that is being narrated as "sign this extension or get traded to Toronto" I have a hard time believing those were his only two options.  Klutch is his representation and they would have sabotaged a trade to the Raptors regardless of signing an extension.  Raptors aren't going to take Murray if he's going to be a rental in the same way we aren't going to take Siakam if he's a rental.  And I know our price for Murray wouldn't have been cheap.  So that narrative, while maybe has some truths to it, cannot really be the full story.  I think Murray is a just-below-allstar level guard, isn't hugely marketable, and probably wanted to secured his future.  So based on what I've seen, it seems to be he wanted to lock up 9 figures and generational wealth and remove any risks of waiting a year.  Trying to push for another $20M or so by hitting FA probably wasn't worth it to him (and I'm sure our FO did have conversations with him about getting him to a desired destination which was just one factor).

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Side note this is the 4th year in a row we've had a pretty major December-January crisis.  New coaches, new players, fired GM, stories of ownership... 

Like I said....it's ALWAYS something. :blanky:

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

So if DJM is all but gone, here's what needs to happen:

(1) SHUT DJ DOWN RIGHT NOW!!   Can't be risking him getting hurt, if he could be dealt as early as next week.  Go ahead and shut him down, and send out every signal to the league that he's definitely on the trade block.  But we have to protect any potential major trade asset that could be dealt.

(2) MAKE JJ THE UNDISPUTED 2ND OFFENSIVE OPTION.  I want to see his usage upped substantially ( in the 25% range ).  Quin needs to give him the entire playbook, and the freedom to become a true 5 tool player.  If we're not going to get Trae the adequate help he needs, JJ needs to be groomed as that guy . . and fast.  He gets the keys to the car, the house, the boat, everything.

(3) ANY TRADES THAT HAPPEN THIS YEAR NEED TO BE FOR ATHLETIC WING AND FRONTCOURT PLAYERS.   Even if you don't get the shooters and defenders you want, I want to see this team get much more athletic.  Get guys in here who can run the floor like crazy and finish at the rim, or be active enough to use their athleticism to help on the borads.

(4) START 12 AT THE 2.  I don't care if he can't guard 2s.  I want to see him offensively at the 2.  Use his size to either shoot over people or post people up.  If we acquire an athletic 3 in a trade, have him guard the 2 . . or whomever is the best offensive backcourt/wing player.

Trae is too much of a competitor to just tank the season.  If this gets too far away, what may happen is that Trae may go out with a mysterious "injury" that will sideline him for the rest of the year.  Maybe this "lingering" shoulder injury is a prelude to this.  Think Joe Johnson in the 2006 - 07 season, when he went out for the final 25 or so games of the year with a mysterious injury, to increase our draft standing. 

That's when JJ, the young guys and remaining players will get an extensive look.

Don't let us go out like that Landry.  Pull off a savvy move that saves this season and sets us up for next season.  This is the first REAL test of your ability to be a good GM.

I said #2 a while back

UP JJ's usage...

See what he does with it..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If we trade with the Knicks, Josh Hart better be in that deal.

Even if he can't shoot, I know he'll defend and rebound.

I agree, but we'll see.  I never understimate Ownership's motivations.

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Okay let me counter some of the gloom and doom my posts seem to be causing:

The FO realizes this team in the post ECF run is just not working. That is a cause for celebration, frankly, among us as fans because it means change is coming. Quin was the first step. Moving off contracts created more financial flexibility even if the returns were minimal.

We can't do a full on rebuild. So those worrying about the team flat out tanking can set those concerns aside. We have probably three starters out the door between now and the offseason in DJM, Dre and Capela. We have one guy ready to step in already in OO. That leaves SG and SF. The return for those three guys will probably address those issues. We have Kobe and Bogi at SG. There's at least something there.

I personally don't think OO has earned a starting spot, but it looks like he will get one by default.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1