• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

54 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I ain't gonna even start. This thread got nothing to do with that and that's a completely different conversation that I am 100% non negotiable on

Was just trying to add some humor to a conversation that felt like it was getting a bit heated. Sorry if I added to it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

I am a praying man.  While I was praying for World Peace and goodwill towards all men and women....  I had a pause in my prayers and I read this thread...   So along with the Peace, goodwill, and the end of hatred....  I had to add...

"I pray that nobody in the Hawks Front Office ever read the foolishness in this thread. ..For if they did, they would consider us on Hawksquawk fools..."

Carry On. 

Aaaaaaaaamennnnnnnnn!!!!! 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Every offseason since Trae 2nd year... he's bitched and made it clear he wasn't happy with our direction. So he's just gonna change and act like he's Dame Lillard all of a sudden. Man, get ready to cry and bitch about how you hate the NBA and that Klutch ruined it and all I am gonna say is, you should have saw this shit coming a mile away. 

Many of us are already expecting it honestly. Not really breaking news. The NBA has changed in this regard.

On the flip side while I typically agree with most of your points I gotta say I’m still happy Trae pushed the front office and ended the tank years early.

i get the whole let’s build it completely out theory but hawks miss too often in the draft and in free agency. I am nba historian when it comes to franchises and our franchise rarely gets lucky, gets it right, anything that relates to contender success.

my personal opinion don’t matter but just because Trae said “put a winner “ around me doesn’t mean to throw a bunch of bad contracts to players. The Collins deal should have never happened. I don’t care what anyone says, it was obvious. The Huerter trade was a result of a bad FO and cheap owner. The Collins trade was another result as bad FO.

Fast forward to the Murray deal and honestly…us hawk fans just don’t get those kind of opportunities often (as you know). You damn right hawks fans got happy about that deal because we very rarely make good moves.

At the end of the day if Trae leaves Atlanta at least I can say that little dude gave all he could and he tried to change the Hawks culture. Shit I love the fact that Trae even tries to recruit!…our last big time star Joe Johnson was so damn quiet I’d be shocked if he did any recruiting.

i know you not in love with Trae and I can say some of this can be blamed on him but also some this is a result of a bad front office and ownership of not having a plan once you finally land a star talent for franchise that’s been mediocre for 50+ seasons.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Trae can be the best player on the team, be playing well, and "not the problem" with this squad, but that doesn't have anything to do with the best path forward, and the proposal that the best path forward might be trading him.  I doubt we do it, but you guys saying "Trae isn't the problem" has nothing to do with @NBASupes proposed path forward.

We really do not have many positive value assets (good players on good contracts) to work with right now, and we are short a few picks... it's a tough spot to be in.  Wouldn't hate tanking for a good pick this year and using it to trade for talent in the offseason.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Trae can be the best player on the team, be playing well, and "not the problem" with this squad, but that doesn't have anything to do with the best path forward, and the proposal that the best path forward might be trading him.  I doubt we do it, but you guys saying "Trae isn't the problem" has nothing to do with @NBASupes proposed path forward.

We really do not have many positive value assets (good players on good contracts) to work with right now, and we are short a few picks... it's a tough spot to be in.  Wouldn't hate tanking for a good pick this year and using it to trade for talent in the offseason.

This is really dumb.  That's like the Lakers saying..  Well, Shaq is gone, we need to trade Kobe for some more assets. 

The players that you guys are mentioning are laughable. 

• KD is one year from retiring. 
  • Book is a stat monster but that about it.   He's not a winner. 
  • The Brooklyn guys aren't winning in Brooklyn. 

Just stop.   The best way forward is to  try to find a team to put around Trae and we have several Assets.

• Bogi is leading the 6th man of the year.
  • Clint is having a good year. 
  • AJ already seems out. 
  • Hunter is a good add in to any trade.
  • JJ can be traded. 
  • DJ can be traded. 
  • OO can be traded. 

But you don't trade the franchise player because of lack of creativity.  Our situation is not as dire as some of you think.  Right now, we're losing because of injury and coaching.   Not talent. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, JTB said:

Many of us are already expecting it honestly. Not really breaking news. The NBA has changed in this regard.

On the flip side while I typically agree with most of your points I gotta say I’m still happy Trae pushed the front office and ended the tank years early.

i get the whole let’s build it completely out theory but hawks miss too often in the draft and in free agency. I am nba historian when it comes to franchises and our franchise rarely gets lucky, gets it right, anything that relates to contender success.

my personal opinion don’t matter but just because Trae said “put a winner “ around me doesn’t mean to throw a bunch of bad contracts to players. The Collins deal should have never happened. I don’t care what anyone says, it was obvious. The Huerter trade was a result of a bad FO and cheap owner. The Collins trade was another result as bad FO.

Fast forward to the Murray deal and honestly…us hawk fans just don’t get those kind of opportunities often (as you know). You damn right hawks fans got happy about that deal because we very rarely make good moves.

At the end of the day if Trae leaves Atlanta at least I can say that little dude gave all he could and he tried to change the Hawks culture. Shit I love the fact that Trae even tries to recruit!…our last big time star Joe Johnson was so damn quiet I’d be shocked if he did any recruiting.

i know you not in love with Trae and I can say some of this can be blamed on him but also some this is a result of a bad front office and ownership of not having a plan once you finally land a star talent for franchise that’s been mediocre for 50+ seasons.

That was on Trae too. Even his dad said JC deserved to get paid. Delusion man. Some of this ain't even just Trae but whatever Trae wants, Travis has to give because the owners love ticket sales for their overpriced underwhelming product. 

I like Trae, the basketball player. I really don't like Trae. The person we had to deal with. Iso was never this way. Al was never this way. Deke and Nique was never this way. LeBron was this way but he earned that right. Maybe we just have low expectations and because ain't impressed by much and was impressed with Trae, the owners ran with it but that's all but soon coming to an end and it's out of their control 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

This is really dumb.  That's like the Lakers saying..  Well, Shaq is gone, we need to trade Kobe for some more assets. 

Just stop.   The best way forward is to  try to find a team to put around Trae and we have several Assets.

• AJ already seems out. 
  • JJ can be traded. 
  • DJ can be traded. 
  • OO can be traded. 

But you don't trade the franchise player because of lack of creativity.  Our situation is not as dire as some of you think.  Right now, we're losing because of injury and coaching.   Not talent. 

Trae ain't Kobe. He ain't loyal to Atlanta and he don't play for the Lakers which teams feel obligated to get bend over and help their franchise for the betterment of the NBA. People look at us and teams like us as farm teams. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, Diesel said:

• AJ already seems out. 
  • JJ can be traded. 
  • DJ can be traded. 
  • OO can be traded. 

I'm sorry but Trae is not Kobe lol... Trae is an elite playmaker.  He's a good scorer.  He's not a number 1 option or a "build around at all costs" player.  Some say Trae can never be the best player on a team that wins a chip -- I don't really agree with that personally but I understand the sentiment.  I thought if we got Gobert we could have contended cus I've never seen anyone with Gobert's defensive impact before.  He's a top 10 defense alone.

We're talking about the best path forward as constructed though and trading Trae for a legit star is one of our options.  I get you don't want to entertain that but if Trae is as good as you say he is, he should command an equally valuable player back, no? 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trae ain't Kobe. He ain't loyal to Atlanta and he don't play for the Lakers which teams feel obligated to get bend over and help their franchise for the betterment of the NBA. People look at us and teams like us as farm teams. 

Well, if he leaves, there will be a 50 Million dollar hole for us to work with.  But until he leaves, I'm not suggesting that we trade one of the best players in this franchise history without trying to put a decent team around him.   IT'S DUMB THINKING SUPES.  It's putting the baby out with the bathwater.... and you're leading that charge??

If he's leaving then... he's going to have to leave.  But I will hold on to him until he has walked or we have gotten a gang of picks for him.   But NEVER will I trade him for some of the mess that has been posted in this thread.   NOPE. 

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Well, if he leaves, there will be a 50 Million dollar hole for us to work with.  But until he leaves, I'm not suggesting that we trade one of the best players in this franchise history without trying to put a decent team around him.   IT'S DUMB THINKING SUPES.  It's putting the baby out with the bathwater.... and you're leading that charge??

If he's leaving then... he's going to have to leave.  But I will hold on to him until he has walked or we have gotten a gang of picks for him.   But NEVER will I trade him for some of the mess that has been posted in this thread.   NOPE. 

Even worse than a massive hole, we traded our f***ing assets for a player that plays the same position to keep him happy that we doing shit. 

This team been spending every year since the middle of Trae's 2nd season trying to win now with Trae. They been trying to do it but the writing on the wall.

Devin Booker is not just some mess. This is where your attachment is creating delusion. That's literally our best case scenario if at all possible. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

I'm sorry but Trae is not Kobe lol... Trae is an elite playmaker.  He's a good scorer.  He's not a number 1 option or a "build around at all costs" player.  Some say Trae can never be the best player on a team that wins a chip -- I don't really agree with that personally but I understand the sentiment.  I thought if we got Gobert we could have contended cus I've never seen anyone with Gobert's defensive impact before.  He's a top 10 defense alone.

We're talking about the best path forward as constructed though and trading Trae for a legit star is one of our options.  I get you don't want to entertain that but if Trae is as good as you say he is, he should command an equally valuable player back, no? 

He doesn't have to be KOBE.  He's one of the best players our Franchise has ever had.  YOU guys don't get it. 

I remember about 30 years ago.. one of the best players that this franchise ever had was traded.   He was traded because there was speculation that he would leave when his contract was up if he didn't get his money.   Our GM at the time said, I would rather trade our stars while they still have value. 

This is that same shit repackaged.   No Trae is not Kobe.  But looking at it from a franchise perspective.... Trae is our Magic Johnson.  Not quite the best player to ever play for our franchise but one of the Best.   Or maybe he is our Kobe.   The point is the reason the Lakers stay being the Lakers and stay winning is that they recognize the value of their players.    They don't go out and pull a Dominque.

Have we learned NOTHING??

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Even worse than a massive hole, we traded our f***ing assets for a player that plays the same position to keep him happy that we doing shit. 

This team been spending every year since the middle of Trae's 2nd season trying to win now with Trae. They been trying to do it but the writing on the wall.

Nobody cares about that.  We traded some Picks for a player who has given us 20/6/6.

Name the Draft pick, not named Trae, that we have made in the Current Owner's era that gives us 20/6/6??   You can't because we suck at drafting.    Go down the line...

Dre?  Cam?  Kev? OO? Bufkin?

We're sitting around wishing that Lundy and Gueye can give us something...

This team has gone as far as it has ever gone WITH TRAE... I'm willing to try to find the players to put around him to go farther.  Too many hawks fans miss their paper bags and draft parties!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

He doesn't have to be KOBE.  He's one of the best players our Franchise has ever had.  YOU guys don't get it. 

I remember about 30 years ago.. one of the best players that this franchise ever had was traded.   He was traded because there was speculation that he would leave when his contract was up if he didn't get his money.   Our GM at the time said, I would rather trade our stars while they still have value. 

This is that same shit repackaged.   No Trae is not Kobe.  But looking at it from a franchise perspective.... Trae is our Magic Johnson.  Not quite the best player to ever play for our franchise but one of the Best.   Or maybe he is our Kobe.   The point is the reason the Lakers stay being the Lakers and stay winning is that they recognize the value of their players.    They don't go out and pull a Dominque.

Have we learned NOTHING??

You are way too emotionally attached my man. 

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Nobody cares about that.  We traded some Picks for a player who has given us 20/6/6.

Name the Draft pick, not named Trae, that we have made in the Current Owner's era that gives us 20/6/6??   You can't because we suck at drafting.    Go down the line...

Dre?  Cam?  Kev? OO? Bufkin?

We're sitting around wishing that Lundy and Gueye can give us something...

This team has gone as far as it has ever gone WITH TRAE... I'm willing to try to find the players to put around him to go farther.  Too many hawks fans miss their paper bags and draft parties!!

Man...

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You are way too emotionally attached my man. 

Man...

Don't you remember how we got here?

You don't remember working up to a 60 win team... only to start back over again?  You don't remember tanking for a guy who could lead us to the Chip.. only to come out with Childress, Marvin, and Shelden? You don't remember finally getting a team capable of beating other teams, feeling the wins... and then having that team dismantled piece by piece with promises that we will start over again and find a franchise player?  Then we finally got JC and Trae and Kev... and going back to tank more to get other players to round out our young sensational team.... and coming up with Dre, Cam, and OO.   Trae is the promise.   Now, you want to once again... trade the promise and wait another ten years.. I don't have 10 more years of BS plans Supes.   I don't have 10 more years of watching GMs FU.   We will go another 10 years acting like the CLippers of the 90s... and teams like Miami will show us that all you have to do is patiently build.

Yeah.. that's why I'm attached.  I told you the other day, I'm from the fotomat generation.  I don't mind waiting on something good to develop.   No Knee Jerks.. that's Babcock.  Don't repeat the Babcock mistakes on the 30 year anniversary because that's what you're calling for.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Don't you remember how we got here?

You don't remember working up to a 60 win team... only to start back over again?  You don't remember tanking for a guy who could lead us to the Chip.. only to come out with Childress, Marvin, and Shelden? You don't remember finally getting a team capable of beating other teams, feeling the wins... and then having that team dismantled piece by piece with promises that we will start over again and find a franchise player?  Then we finally got JC and Trae and Kev... and going back to tank more to get other players to round out our young sensational team.... and coming up with Dre, Cam, and OO.   Trae is the promise.   Now, you want to once again... trade the promise and wait another ten years.. I don't have 10 more years of BS plans Supes.   I don't have 10 more years of watching GMs FU.   We will go another 10 years acting like the CLippers of the 90s... and teams like Miami will show us that all you have to do is patiently build.

Yeah.. that's why I'm attached.  I told you the other day, I'm from the fotomat generation.  I don't mind waiting on something good to develop.   No Knee Jerks.. that's Babcock.  Don't repeat the Babcock mistakes on the 30 year anniversary because that's what you're calling for.

We didn't tank because we wanted to, we tanked after the 60 win team because Al left. Once Al was gone, the shit just didn't work anymore. We had three iterations of different squads. We had the highlight factory. Then we had the Al and Smoove show. Then we had the Bud era. All three won but never contended. 

We don't have even that. We been either .500 or close every year since Trae's 3rd year till this year. We haven't progressed. 

That's another impatient Hawk team that ended the tank early but felt like they had to because they didn't control their 2008 1st round pick. They drafted better than this era. That team landed Smoove and Al. This era, Trae and Kevin. That's all we hit on. JJ is still debatable and I haven't seen anything special from him either. The book is still out. At least that team landed an very good player via trade in Iso Joe. This team landed some good players like Bogi and via trade CC. I guess you can say Murray but he doesn't fit Trae so was that a good trade, no. Maybe at some point it will be but it isn't at this moment. 

I don't see what you see. I don't see Trae as our Magic Johnson. I don't see this squad as on the way up. I see poor fits. Poor roster construction and a team loaded with contracts with no viable assets. 

I don't see what you see. I also will blame Trae for asking out when he eventually does. 

I do think he can be special but he makes too many bone headed decisions and while blaming our org and saying he doesn't have the squad he needs would be true. He's a big part of that. This should be year 1 of us really trying to win. We could Scottie Barnes, Mobley, or Wagner. We could have Sharpe or Mathurin. We left the tank too soon. 

OKC showed everyone how to operate as a small market team in the NBA. Phoenix, Brooklyn, and the Hawks just put on a masterclass on what not to do. The Hawks more like an elite disaster class. Teams like us are like us for a reason. 

Travis should have been able to do his job but honestly, that Luka moved killed his chess game before he really got started. 

• Sad 1