• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

43 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Bruh... All yall care about is defense and Picks.   Well, this is Defense and Picks. 

Only one of them dudes that might do much of anything is Batum.  Others aren't rotation level anymore.  Picks smicks.  Fak em. 

28 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Would you consider a trade that landed Andrew Wiggins?

Nope.  Another damaged good. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Diesel said:

@benhillboy even though you reference a great place... you must be young.   You said that Ron Harper was a secondary core guy?  Poor Man's Jordan = secondary core guy?  That's only if you remember Ron Harper that played with the Bulls.     Then You said Detlef... as in Detlef Shrempf?  You don't know unless you know.

Of course I was talking the Bulls PG Ron Harper, and who the hell calls him poor man’s Jordan?  That was always Drexler.  Ron didn’t average 20 points with any franchise he played for.  Cleveland didn’t make no noise until Daugherty and Price’s sophomore season and Ron was on the way out.

And was Detlef not the third wheel to GP and Kemp?  You challenge silly stuff, don’t try me on anything NBA related from the 90’s on.  “I must be young,” sit down and wake me up when you go as in depth on a player as I do.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I'm sorry, but if DJ can't handle a little negative online criticism from fans, he's not nearly as mentally tough as I thought he was.

Surely his skin is not that thin.  Truth be told, this fan base is about 70% favorable / 30% negative on Trae.  And people have called that kid every name in the book ( inside and outside the fan base ). Skip Bayless even calls him Mice Trae, because he's small.

DJ, I thought, was a street tough kid that was a fighter.  Surely he can't be sulking because he's playing out of position ( something he had to know coming in ).

He and Trae were supposed to fight through this, and come out on the other end being the next Isiah Thomas and Joe Dumars.

If it's he that asked for a trade, I'm going to be highly disappointed.

I believe DJ is still a tough kid but the team isn’t constructed right for him to play the 2 as impactful as he could .

While Zeke and Dumars was a small back court team who could defend they also had a beast front court defensively. 

If our front court was more aggressive, taller, lengthier, with a flat out dog mentality I believe the Trae/DJ backcourt would have worked fine but our front court is the opposite minus JJ.

Anyways once his dad and Trae dad started saying he’s out of position and holding that conversation on X (twitter) I knew there were internal discussions going on about doing something with DJ.

i don’t know what poster said it but they were spot on! Once Traes defense started to drastically improve this season that was a negative for DJ because now he’s guarding 2s nightly and Snyder isn’t trying to hide Trae defensively like Nate was but that’s a whole different conversation that need it’s own thread.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Of course I was talking the Bulls PG Ron Harper, and who the hell calls him poor man’s Jordan?  That was always Drexler.  Ron didn’t average 20 points with any franchise he played for.  Cleveland didn’t make no noise until Daugherty and Price’s sophomore season and Ron was on the way out.

And was Detlef not the third wheel to GP and Kemp?  You challenge silly stuff, don’t try me on anything NBA related from the 90’s on.  “I must be young,” sit down and wake me up when you go as in depth on a player as I do.

No...  Ron Harper was poor man's Jordan when he played in Cleveland.  Drexler was great.  He was compared to Jordan.  IF you asked Clyde, he thought he was better than Jordan.  However, the poor man's Jordan was Ron Harper.   I don't recall anybody (at that time) ever calling Drexler poor man's Jordan.  Maybe after 1992...but Clyde was always Phi Slamma Jamma. At the time, (late 80s) he's was too good to be considered a poor man's Jordan.  That's like saying Fox is a poor man's SGA?

https://tulsaworld.com/archive/harper-no-longer-a-poor-mans-mj/article_9697db88-1d9b-5a87-8638-00852c09709a.html

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I'm sorry, but if DJ can't handle a little negative online criticism from fans, he's not nearly as mentally tough as I thought he was.

Surely his skin is not that thin.  Truth be told, this fan base is about 70% favorable / 30% negative on Trae.  And people have called that kid every name in the book ( inside and outside the fan base ). Skip Bayless even calls him Mice Trae, because he's small.

DJ, I thought, was a street tough kid that was a fighter.  Surely he can't be sulking because he's playing out of position ( something he had to know coming in ).

He and Trae were supposed to fight through this, and come out on the other end being the next Isiah Thomas and Joe Dumars.

IF it is DJM that is asking for a trade, then I think the lack of "Off-ball, I played SG in High-School Trae Young" will end up being the culprit. 

Screenshot2023-12-31082834.thumb.png.4d779a6937a9c6b1ae1a85f4762af011.png

Trae's refusal/inability to add catch and shoot to his game is glaring when you look at DJM's shooting improvements. It feels like one genuinely tried and the other just reverted back to their old ways. 

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

IF it is DJM that is asking for a trade, then I think the lack of "Off-ball, I played SG in High-School Trae Young" will end up being the culprit. 

Screenshot2023-12-31082834.thumb.png.4d779a6937a9c6b1ae1a85f4762af011.png

Trae's refusal/inability to add catch and shoot to his game is glaring when you look at DJM's shooting improvements. It feels like one genuinely tried and the other just reverted back to their old ways. 

I am not going to say that you are wrong. 

However.  Who really believed that Trae would spend more of his time off ball?

Trae is the best player wit the ball in his hands.   Trae is best with the Ball in his hands. 

Honestly, DJ's handle and his passing are not elite.  He seems more like a system PG instead of a Point Gawd.  So yeah... Trae's "Gravity?" ruined his chance to do more as the PG. 

• Like 1

Seems like it’s starting to come to a boil.  At the point now where somebody has to go.  Could see it on CC and DJM faces with about 2:00 to go in that SAC game.  CC had position for a rebound.  DJM comes flying in and disrupts it, ball goes flying out of bounds.  It looked to me like DJM turned to look at CC to see what his reaction was.  CC just turned around with a disgusted, frustrated look on his face.  

Everybody having to deal with everybody else’s on court decisions. The continuance of 2nd half collapse.  Almost like it’s spiraling into a free for all.  I wouldn’t be surprised if more than one requested a trade at this point.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I think you’re misinterpreting my post.  Im not suggesting he has thin skin(?)

I'm suggesting based on everything we've seem he's already asked out, and thats why the FO is already shopping him.  That doesn't have anything to do with him being thin skinned— hes probably asking out because he sees what everyone else sees, which is this isnt working.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

I think you’re misinterpreting my post.  Im not suggesting he has thin skin(?)

I'm suggesting based on everything we've seem he's already asked out, and thats why the FO is already shopping him.  That doesn't have anything to do with him being thin skinned— hes probably asking out because he sees what everyone else sees, which is this isnt working.  

Definitely possible that DM and the FO have both reached the same conclusion that a lot of us have:  that they are too small and don’t work together.  They are good enough that they could be successful together with a better frontcourt but it feels like they are at best the sum of their parts and more likely less than that sum.  There is no synergy on either side of the ball.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think it is much more likely that Quin concluded the team couldn’t get Trae open catch and shoot looks on a regular basis.  Haven’t really seen us running sets designed to make that happen.  I am glad that DM has improved his jump shot with the open looks he gets playing with Trae but because they aren’t comparable playmakers and don’t have comparable gravity I don’t think there is comparable opportunity for them to get those catch and shoot looks.

Please disregard that if Snyder is calling for it and Trae is just refusing to try but I don’t see that.

I'm worried that all of that might be true. It didn't work out much early on and Trae started going off script, then Quinn just stopped calling it all together. 

I have no sources, just a trend I've noticed with Trae/most NBA stars. They talk a big game about changing and adding to their game, then they revert to what they know works for them.