• Raised $440 of $700 target

Welcome back Vit Krejci!!

SalvorMallow

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, theheroatl said:

not sure what the hype is.. Dude is severely overrated by hawks fans lol

image.thumb.png.25d5d6a778fea7f080ea01f016b87eb3.png

image.thumb.png.61960c014bfb94bbc12c7679dabf5621.png

As the roster stands with Bogi, Hunter, Bufkin, Dyson, and Risacher, he's not looking at getting heavy minutes unless there's an injury. He's signed to a vet min deal for 4 seasons, knows the system, and has developed greatly since his arrival. No one is hailing him as a key piece for the future, but he provides valuable depth. If he's playing a lot, it's likely because we're injured somewhere.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

As the roster stands with Bogi, Hunter, Bufkin, Dyson, and Risacher, he's not looking at getting heavy minutes unless there's an injury. He's signed to a vet min deal for 4 seasons, knows the system, and has developed greatly since his arrival. No one is hailing him as a key piece for the future, but he provides valuable depth. If he's playing a lot, it's likely because we're injured somewhere.

I'm assuming you know that this is not something you have to explain to anyone following the team right?

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

A vet min for a guy that's not old and on a 1 year deal, and can hopefully continue to grow in the system. The continuity is a good thing, particularly without our own picks.

• Like 1

I'm so happy for Vit, who has overcome long odds to stick in the NBA.  I enjoy rooting for his success as our underdog (along with Garry Bird).  For a dude who has career earnings around 3M, this is a huge deal for his future so I'm stoked for him.  

• Like 4

Risacher… Vit… Djurisic.. 🤔 

Does Landry have a type? 🤨 

The Atlanta Euro 💶 Slender Wings 🪽 

(A Hawk was insulted by the Atlanta Hawks name and found it to be emotionally hurtful)

ps Laundry 🧺 they playin on your team you’re not takin em out to dinner 🍽️ :batman:

• Moderators
1 hour ago, BangHolman said:

For me the big key to his development that makes me really like this is the improvement in his defense.  I definitely hope the shooting improvement holds up over time but I feel like that is less reliable in general and specifically in the relatively small sample size and time frame from late last season.  It may be me talking without good reason, but I feel more confident in changes on defense over a smaller window of time.  Vit is an end of the bench guy but he is getting paid as an end of the bench guy so I don't see a lot of downside to this.  And if he continues improving or even just holds the D and shooting he showed late in the year that would be really good value for us.  

His omission from the playoff roster was a big deal, imo, which speaks both to how poorly constructed the roster was for forward depth and how much more impactful he was late in the year than he ever had been.

This move works for me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Is this another of those movies I'll never watch? 

It’s on the right side of the cabinet 🗄️ under the PS5. 💿 Right next to “the dude” 🤨 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

Like the structure of this deal a lot.  Gives us all the upside but flexibility if he doesn’t keep improving.  Gives him a nice nest egg if he manages his money and upside from there if he keeps working.  

Congrats Vit!

• Like 1

When Vit is in the game the 🏀 is swinging around the court in a good way. Let’s go. 

I think I figured out our DNA..

Good dudes who are wings 🪽 and team players that can do a bit of everything….

I think.. 

Hawks are now positive who will be at each end of our roster:

#1 - - Trae

#15 - Vit

Now, we've only got to fill out the middle!

🥰

• Moderators
2 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

I bet he prints a screenshot of this post for his annual performance review. 

He can do it like a movie poster where they take a 2 page review and crop out the most positive sentence.  

Movie Review:

The Other Woman  "I know what you're thinking ... 'Enough beating around the bush. Just tell us whether you liked it.' Consider this, which I will say in terms this movie would understand, if you were on an airplane, 'The Other Woman' might not be preferable to simply staring into your empty airsick bag, but it has enough nicely executed physical comedy that in the event you become ill, it is definitely preferable to staring into your occupied airsick bag."  Linda Holmes, NPR

Poster:

The Other Woman is a "nicely executed physical comedy!" - Linda Holmes, NPR

Movie Review:

Sex in the City 2  "When viewed as a rom-com, 'Sex and the City 2' is terrible and crappy and a horrific inversion of everything the show once was. But when viewed as a science fiction film, 'SATC2' is subversive, stylish and chilling. Like The Island from 'Lost,' we may never know The City's true identity — Is it a VR computer program? A malevolent interdimensional god? Satan?" — Cyriaque Lamar, i09.

Poster:

"Subversive" and "stylish"  - Cyriaque Lamar, i09

Movie Review:

Howard the Duck "The story has no center; the duck is not likable, and the costly, overwrought, laser-filled special effects that conclude the movie are less impressive than a sparkler on a birthday cake. George 'Star Wars' Lucas supervised the production of this film, and maybe it's time he went back to making low-budget films like his best picture, 'American Graffiti.'" — Gene Siskel, The Chicago Tribune.

Poster: 

George Lucas produces Howard the Duck. 

"his best picture." - Gene Siskel

Either way, Ressler I'm sure is very concerned with my take on his GM, lol.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...