• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I've been watching the 2024 NBA Draft class and it's been... weaker than usual

NBASupes

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

More specifically look at this drive:

Thanks for sharing that highlight reel.  I knew exactly what drive you were calling out when you said to look at a specific one.  Impressive body control on that move.

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

Thanks for sharing that highlight reel.  I knew exactly what drive you were calling out when you said to look at a specific one.  Impressive body control on that move.

Yeah, I think he shooting stroke is also very mature and fluid. I see some real star power in his game.

Not sure exactly his comp because he is a much better shooter (mechanics and fluidness) than Wagner: 

Honestly you know what the best comp I have for Risacher.. don't laugh...

Lean Jayson Tatum

Edited by theheroatl

32 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Um what.. I wouldn't call Jokic or Embiid low mobility... I would actually say the opposite

These guys are like Al Horford on steroids

Valanciunas and Clint Capela  are low mobility bigs.

Which if we're going to select Edey, you might as well stick with Capela. Which is a point of contention amongst most of us. 

5 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Which if we're going to select Edey, you might as well stick with Capela. Which is a point of contention amongst most of us. 

I actually agree with Wasserman that they are picking Risacher so the big man talk is a mute point.

Maybe figure out a way to get Claxton into the Collins TPE via sign and trade

Edited by theheroatl

3 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

I actually agree with Wasserman that they are picking Risacher so the big man talk is a mute point

Eh...maybe. Not my first pick.  I watched the highlights, read scoring reports, etc. I agree that he is more of a safe pick. That would be in line with Atlanta things.

Edited by deester11

3 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Eh...maybe. Not my first pick.  I watched the highlights, read scoring reports, etc. I agree that he is more of a safe pick. That would be in line with Atlanta things.

Knowing Kyle having an influence here I think it's more likely than not they pick Risacher.. again like you said, knowing how this front office thinks.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Knowing Kyle having an influence here I think it's more likely than not they pick Risacher.. again like you said, knowing how this front office thinks.

Definitely. Typical Hawk behavior 😂😂

IMG_4093.gif

• Haha 1

It should be pointed out that it is very clear that in Risacher's big scoring game, the opposing defense was playing to leave him open.  You can't make your decision based on one game, but so far, I've seen nothing that would make me want to take him over Sarr.  Or Clingan, for that matter.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10121859-how-the-2024-nba-combine-changed-our-latest-mock-draft

Alex Sarr had been our projected No. 1 overall pick for the few months prior to the NBA combine. But he'd been a soft No. 1. Even today, there is still no consensus answer for who's the top prospect. Sarr fits with a lot of lineups. His archetype—a 7-foot switchable defender with some ball-handling and shotmaking skill—remains highly coveted. And theoretically, no other prospect offers the same type of upside at both ends.

But talking with scouts and executives in Chicago, the level of confidence in Sarr's No. 1 overall potential didn't feel overly strong. Questions about his offensive impact for the first pick were brought up.

And then there is Zaccharie Risacher, who's currently playing in the LNB Pro A playoffs. General manager Landry Fields, assistant GM Kyle Korver and coach Quin Snyder made it to France for JL Bourg's first game against Nanterre, with Risacher scoring 14 points in 23 minutes.

The 19-year-old followed up by exploding for a season-high 28 points in 29 minutes. Despite the loss, he was able to showcase his signature shotmaking, improving perimeter self-creation and athleticism around the basket.

Scouts ultimately seem to have a comfort level with Risacher's game, which feels highly translatable based on his positional wing size (6'8"), 38.8 percent three-point shooting, the eye test on his mechanics, the fluidity of his movement and leaping, his foot speed to defend the point of attack and his tools to guard multiple positions and contest jump shots.

And in a draft that's lacking surefire stars, the Hawks could be more inclined to play it safer with a high-floor, three-and-D prospect who's still extremely young and has room to grow as a shot-creator.

Risacher may look even more appealing to Atlanta after AJ Griffin played just 20 games and Saddiq Bey tore his ACL. For now before workouts, the French wing has been moved to the No. 1 spot in our updated mock draft board.

-----

I agree with the sentiment above.... I think Risacher has some real star power. I definitely implore you guys to watch the way he plays (with aggressiveness) 

More specifically look at this drive:

Hes nice and would definitely fit well into this roster. If he is who our front office wants, Im all for it.  I have questions on his defense though.

Yeah, I think he shooting stroke is also very mature and fluid. I see some real star power in his game.

Not sure exactly his comp because he is a much better shooter (mechanics and fluidness) than Wagner: 

Honestly you know what the best comp I have for Risacher.. don't laugh...

Lean Jayson Tatum

IMO, nowhere close.  

Risacher can't create his shot like those two can.  He can handle the ball well enough to get to some step backs, but he really struggles with going forward with the ball.  He also isn't physically strong enough to gain leverage on his drives.  He really looks like a guy who is going to be very much an off the ball spot up shooter until he becomes a man.  People question Sarr's strength, but Sarr can get to his spot with his dribble penetration.  I don't see that from Risacher.  

• Like 2

All this talk about bigs and I think the Hawks take Risacher lol

Yeah because we're allergic to any player over 7 ft.. smh

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, KB21 said:

IMO, nowhere close.  

Risacher can't create his shot like those two can.  He can handle the ball well enough to get to some step backs, but he really struggles with going forward with the ball.  He also isn't physically strong enough to gain leverage on his drives.  He really looks like a guy who is going to be very much an off the ball spot up shooter until he becomes a man.  People question Sarr's strength, but Sarr can get to his spot with his dribble penetration.  I don't see that from Risacher.  

I wish you would re-read what you just wrote after watching and considering a lot more. It really is a surface level analysis.

I like Sarr as much as you do but you might want to do more research. There are a lot more of his games online like Sarr.. go ahead and deep dive first.

Edited by theheroatl

I wish you would re-read what you just wrote after watching and considering a lot more.

I like Sarr as much as you do but you might want to do more research.

I'm just telling you what I'm seeing from watching what I have watched so far on him.  I'm not trying to tear him down just because I like Sarr more. 

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

I'm just telling you what I'm seeing from watching what I have watched so far on him.  I'm not trying to tear him down just because I like Sarr more. 

I know that.. I’m just saying he isn’t really in the box you were putting him in based on that podcast.

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Damn he’s listed on college reference at 6’4”, they let that man rock some strength shoes or some shit.

His three point frequency and percentage screams as much just needed confirmation.  Let’s go Bryce!

Screenshot_20240522_175756_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha 2