• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I've been watching the 2024 NBA Draft class and it's been... weaker than usual

NBASupes

Supes..you gotta come off that hater talk shyt. We fundamentally (not all...some..or just me), disagree about your take on Sarr.  We can all agree that when the time comes...decisions are made, a couple of years down the road we can playfully roast each other.  WE DON'T NEED NO DAMN MODS telling us we need to not attack each other. We are attacking positions..our points of views.  For the most part we are all civil.  It's when you invite me out for drinks and we stand on business where it gets rough😂😂. I hate your point of view Supes (only on Sarr..but I get your other takes) but I will defend your right to say it 😂😂😂. OK..I gotta lay off the Henny.  But if Sarr becomes the man....IMG_9209.gif.9121c2f19ad4bf59eb4bf537c7574393.gif

Edited by deester11
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I liked this article. I like when former players speak on prospects. They tend to keep it real more than just BS and create fluff

https://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-hawks/overtime-elites-damien-wilkins-saw-alexandre-sarrs-no-1-pick-potential-early/UEA5MKHN2NGARBGF2SIDDVPHHI/

So… does this mean you like Sarr now? Damien basically gave his endorsement 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

So… does this mean you like Sarr now? Damien basically gave his endorsement 

It basically confirms what I've been saying. 

Everyone sees the upside but even he doesn't talk about his floor, mentions his need to play next to size with bulk like CC, mentions how he can help is on PnR defense. No talk about offense outside of potential. It affirms everything I keep saying about him. The difference is, I am not sold the upside is given that he will reach it. Plus he's position blocked by JJ and I don't know if he will ever be as good as JJ is right now 

Edited by NBASupes

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Damien said some glowing things in that.. 

He said a lot of glowing things in regards to being coachable, he will listen, he got better, and he motivated. These are all things you want to hear which is why i said, in Portland or Washington, I don't believe his bust potential is as high. 

One of his comps for Sarr was KP. I always felt KP would be a disaster in Atlanta. Worse than he was in Dallas. 

I just hate the fit here man. 

Edited by NBASupes

Just now, NBASupes said:

He said a lot of glowing things in regards to being coachable, he will listen, he got better, and he motivated. These are all things you want to hear which is why i said, in Portland or Washington, I don't believe his bust potential is as high. 

“I was seeing him for the first time as a recent retiree from the NBA, and you can see the direction that that the NBA was going with having versatile, skilled, long guys,” Wilkins said. “So, in talking to Alex and seeing him, I just I think he fits the bill. He gives you a lot of that (Kristaps) Porzingis, (Victor) Wembanyama type of skills in his game. I think he’s a no-brainer for the No. 1 pick. I think he’s the best player in this draft. I think he has the highest ceiling of anyone in the draft. And it’s just exciting to see him spoken about as a potential No. 1 pick.”

🆘🆘🆘🆘🆘🆘🆘🆘🆘

Edited by theheroatl

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

“I was seeing him for the first time as a recent retiree from the NBA, and you can see the direction that that the NBA was going with having versatile, skilled, long guys,” Wilkins said. “So, in talking to Alex and seeing him, I just I think he fits the bill. He gives you a lot of that (Kristaps) Porzingis, (Victor) Wembanyama type of skills in his game. I think he’s a no-brainer for the No. 1 pick. I think he’s the best player in this draft. I think he has the highest ceiling of anyone in the draft. And it’s just exciting to see him spoken about as a potential No. 1 pick.”

🆘🆘🆘🆘🆘🆘🆘🆘🆘

Prototype. 

I keep saying, buying into a prototype is how we failed with Marvin and Marvin was at least really productive in college even if I didn't see the star upside. 

KP is a scary comp for me. I always believe that KP would bust massively here. Even worse than he did in Dallas.

Wemby comp is like Michael Jordan or LeBron James. I just ignore it honestly. If he was anything like Wemby, I wouldn't be on this side of the fence. What's Wemby wingspan, 8 ft. Come on man.  

Upside 

Potential 

Upside 

I don't buy that he's guaranteed to reach that Upside/potential. I have serious quarrels that he even comes close. 

I understand some of you are scared to pass on it but I am scared to take it because I see fit issues, direction issues, role issues, etc. 

I see so much that can go wrong and not much going right. This is worse than what I felt for Marvin and I see Sarr with a clear advantage of upside over Marvin but Marvin floor was massively higher. 

Edited by NBASupes

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Prototype. 

I keep saying, buying into a prototype is how we failed with Marvin and Marvin was at least really productive in college even if I didn't see the star upside. 

KP is a scary comp for me. I always believe that KP would bust massively here. Even worse than he did in Dallas.

Wemby comp is like Michael Jordan or LeBron James. I just ignore it honestly. If he was anything like Wemby, I wouldn't be on this side of the fence. What's Wemby wingspan, 8 ft. Come on man.  

Upside 

Potential 

Upside 

I don't buy his that he's guaranteed to reach that Upside. I have serious quarrels that he even comes close. 

I didn’t say it, Damien Wilkins said it

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

I didn’t say it, Damien Wilkins said it

I know and I respect Damien opinion. My issue is, there was a lot of respect for those high on Marvin. Roy Williams and many lived on the line, most upside in the draft. NBA 2k5 had Marvin potential at 98 and he always was a MVP candidate with LeBron. He even turned the Hawks into a contender in 2k.

Just saying, this gives me Marvin vibes. When the tape ain't that good and the data is shaky but the vibe and hype is massive. That's a red flag for me. Let's be clear, Marvin also was praised for his coachable, he listens, he got better, his upside is through the roof. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I know and I respect Damien opinion. My issue is, there was a lot of respect for those high on Marvin. Roy Williams and many lived on the line, most upside in the draft. NBA 2k5 had Marvin potential at 98 and he always was a MVP candidate with LeBron. He even turned the Hawks into a contender in 2k.

Just saying, this gives me Marvin vibes. When the tape ain't that good and the data is shaky but the vibe and hype is massive. That's a red flag for me. Let's be clear, Marvin also was praised for his coachable, he listens, he got better, his upside is through the roof. 

I think you more so are saying he may have a hard time adjusting to the nba offensively and he probably can't take on centers when he first enters the league because of his slight frame.  I don't think many of us are denying that. 

Like I've said before, I want the Hawks to draft the player with the most defensive upside.  To me, that's Sarr.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

I think you more so are saying he may have a hard time adjusting to the nba offensively and he probably can't take on centers when he first enters the league because of his slight frame.  I don't think many of us are denying that. 

Like I've said before, I want the Hawks to draft the player with the most defensive upside.  To me, that's Sarr.

Sarr would be #1 on my Hawks BB if we were to land KAT. Then his fit would needed especially on defense. 

• Like 1

People compare Sarr to Marvin as there would be something as valuable as C Paul Deron on this draft and there is not. 

All the rest of the players are projects with a lot of questionmarks as Sarr.

I can understand the love for Clingan and Edey, I like them a lot but not at #1. I think we can buy a pick on the draft to select one and that should be cheap specially out of the lottery that is where Edey is going to go.

At #1 you go with highest ceiling player and that is Sarr, is unfortunate that web have 1st on a weak draft but we were supposed to draft at 10, so this IS a Gift.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Bronny James was scheduled for 10 workouts with NBA teams, but he’s declined all of them except two: Lakers and Suns, per

on

@RunItBackFDTV Phoenix will legitimately be considering Bronny at No. 22 overall.

I have a problem with this. Again, he’s using that PRIVILAGED crap. WORKOUT for every team ya lil snot! My bad it got away from me there. Dude hasn’t done ANYTHING, he isn’t a super prospect, maaaan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1