• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I've been watching the 2024 NBA Draft class and it's been... weaker than usual

NBASupes

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Bronny James was scheduled for 10 workouts with NBA teams, but he’s declined all of them except two: Lakers and Suns, per

on

@RunItBackFDTV Phoenix will legitimately be considering Bronny at No. 22 overall.

Ridiculous — The only way to change this is for him to go undrafted/unsigned.

• Premium Member

Utah is expected to explore trading the No. 10 overall pick and the other first-rounders this year, league sources told HoopsHype. There’s a belief from some around the league that Utah’s owner, Ryan Smith, would like to add more star talent to the Jazz, and Ainge has aggressively monitored the trade market.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

Ainge is willing to offer 2 2nds for the #1 and DJ.

Why does DJ’s value keep getting lowered by our own fans. Dude can ball we can’t just give him away and I hate the media for thinking we will trade anyone for anything. Nah, make the deal make sense.

54 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

You may have overlooked the sarcasm.  Ainge is notorious for holding on to his assets.  

Sorry I read it wrong 😑. My fault I jumped down your throat when I read it wrong. Apologies.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Sorry I read it wrong 😑. My fault I jumped down your throat when I read it wrong. Apologies.

No worries — I am definitely guilty of overvaluing our assets (like Ainge— I’m just projecting)

Edited by Hawkish
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, KB21 said:

Hypothetical question.  Would you trade the #1 pick for Walker Kessler?  If no, then why would you take Donovan Clingan with that pick?

I would not.  That said, I think Clingan's current abilities (plus potential upside) as a passer as well as his higher likelihood of developing a reliable jumper make him a much more desirable asset, and and one who has much higher upside, versus Kessler.  

20 minutes ago, Packfill said:

I would not.  That said, I think Clingan's current abilities (plus potential upside) as a passer as well as his higher likelihood of developing a reliable jumper make him a much more desirable asset, and and one who has much higher upside, versus Kessler.  

What exactly indicates that he has a higher likelihood of developing a jumper?  I've watched of lot of him recently.  There is nothing that I see that indicates he will be able to shoot the ball in the NBA.  

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

What exactly indicates that he has a higher likelihood of developing a jumper?  I've watched of lot of him recently.  There is nothing that I see that indicates he will be able to shoot the ball in the NBA.  

I think his shooting form looks much more promising than Kessler and his overall skill/coordination seems higher to me.  I also think his passing skills are a differentiator.  

Obviously he still has lots of work to do and to me, the injury and stamina questions are also a question mark, but I am interested to see how he develops over the next couple of years.  I doubt I would pull the trigger on Clingan at #1 but if I were the GM of the Hawks he would be one of 4 or 5 I would be doing my homework on right now (the others being Sarr, Risacher, Castle and Holland). 

19 hours ago, marco102 said:

I like at the end with 15 seconds left Dame says LIKE THE HAWKS DONT MESS THIS UP!!! 

ps I also came to do a lil shimmy for y’all 

image.gif.a772ab97daecd838520bb7ea44fe32c6.gif

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
On 1/1/2024 at 3:01 PM, RedDawg#8 said:

Doesn’t matter how weak the draft looks some of yall will still be loosing your minds come draft night that we didn’t trade up in to the top 5 to select your fave prospect.

:laugh1: yep.

• Haha 3