• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I've been watching the 2024 NBA Draft class and it's been... weaker than usual

NBASupes

6 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Dang I liked him better in his Vol’s highlights better. How’s his defense? Despite making a lot of those I don’t love his body for basketball. His traps are too close to the base of his neck, he doesn’t have your classic basketball body, having said that neither did Mike Miller and he seems to play like Mikey a bit.

Portland at 7 sounds about right. I wouldn’t take him in the top 10 personally.

He probably goes between 6-10 somewhere but I can see him falling to 12 or lower as well. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Dang I liked him better in his Vol’s highlights better. How’s his defense? Despite making a lot of those I don’t love his body for basketball. His traps are too close to the base of his neck, he doesn’t have your classic basketball body, having said that neither did Mike Miller and he seems to play like Mikey a bit.

He probably goes between 6-10 somewhere but I can see him falling to 12 or lower as well. 

He’s better off the ball than on the ball defensively.  

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, Sothron said:

Trae and his dad really want the Hawks to draft him.

10 hours ago, marco102 said:

Too bad for them. 😄

I see a younger version of Bogi with similar defensive issues.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Ron Holland, the No. 2 overall recruit from the 2023 high school class, could slide completely out of the lottery, per @DraftExpress
Holland has recently scheduled pre-draft workouts with the Heat (No. 15) and Lakers (No. 17). After an inconsistent season with G League Ignite, Holland’s potential draft range is massive.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I see a younger version of Bogi with similar defensive issues.

I also see that the current version of Bogi is perfectly good for the next few years.  Not a need to duplicate that.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2024 at 12:57 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Ron Holland, the No. 2 overall recruit from the 2023 high school class, could slide completely out of the lottery, per @DraftExpress
httpsory/_/id/38788364/2024-nba-draft-rankings-espn-top-Holland has recently scheduled pre-draft workouts with the Heat (No. 15) and Lakers (No. 17). After an inconsistent season with G League Ignite, Holland’s potential draft range is massive.

Holland is a tough evaluation. To me he has a lot of upside.  Probability is low but I could see a scenario where he ends up as the best player from this draft, as I think he could become an alpha scorer and plus defender. He has a lot of work to do to reach that ceiling though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Packfill said:

Holland is a tough evaluation. To me he has a lot of upside.  Probability is low but I could see a scenario where he ends up as the best player from this draft, as I think he could become an alpha scorer and plus defender. He has a lot of work to do to reach that ceiling though. 

Plus it requires John Hollinger to be right.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Packfill said:

Give me Holland over Rissacher, if you want a wing, for all the reasons you listed. 

On 6/7/2024 at 2:36 AM, Spud2nique said:

So his defensive decision making is extremely good, but his lateral quicks are sub par.  Very Bogiesque in that regard.  He's a much more aggressive driver than Bogi and may have a bigger offensive bag but defensively, better than Korver, about Bogi maybe worse.  Great decision making but doesn't have the jets to recover, slide. Relies on positioning, instincts/anticipation over ability.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1