• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Anyone see the Kobe interview last night?

Admin

They were asking him about would it matter to him if Phil Jackson is back next year and he said nope he doesnt care, it doesnt matter to him.....you could really see some hostility in him and I would almost say he is 100% dead set on leaving LA after this season. Lets just hope that he doesnt end up in jail and that he really is our top offseason priority and that he wants to come here. Can you guys just imagine having Kobe playing for us? He would damn near sell out the arena every night by himself. Combine him with JT, Diaw, Sheed and a high lotto pick and things dont look so bad next year.

One thing that I have been thinking about lately is Kobe's relationship with Byron Scott and how much he looks up to him. I wonder if it would be a good move to hire Scott as our next head coach instead of Doc or would Kobe want to come play for Doc just as much? Would Scott accept a role as assistant head coach?

• Premium Member

One correction.

I'm sure Kobe is leaving LAL. But there's a lot of incentive for him to stay in LAC. Still though, I think that if we don't get Kobe, we do get Qrich. However, if we get Kobe...

JT has got to go. I don't see anyone player having good chemistry with JT. Plus, I predict to sign Kobe/Sheed, it would cost us about 26 million.

Right now, the players we have signed makes up about 22 million. We will be just over. I think it would either mean us trading away Nazr or us trading away JT. I like Nazr. I think in the right circumstance, he would make a fine C. If we get Ekezie, that's another guy who can play some C effectively. But I say trade JT for Space and picks. JT don't really fit.

If at all possible, I would try to move JT/Nazr right now to Denver for Miller/Anderson. That would save us a lot of Cap space. It gives them a strong rebounder, it gives us an athelete at C.

Miller/Kobe/Diaw/Sheed/Anderson.

Where is the correction?

Did you mean that you have a different opinion because I sure didnt see anything that you corrected me on nor was there anything for you to correct me on.

What makes you think that JT wont have good chemistry with anyone? Lets see how he can play with a new cast before we totally give up on him. I really believe that we will see a new JT with our new athletic PF and an actual shooter to play with him as well in Person.

I didnt say anything about the Clippers........I said I am 100% sure that he will leave LA, meaning the Lakers since thats who he plays for.

For what its worth though I dont think there is a chance in hell he will want to stay in the same city as Shaq and the Lakers though. He needs a fresh start someplace else.

• Premium Member

I don't think that JT will be a good starter. He's better suited to come off the bench ala Jackson (until he learns to be a PG).

About Kobe/Sheed. It's interesting. Kobe and Sheed are both emotional players on the court. Kobe and Sheed are both very passive off the court. In that respect, I say that they are similar. I think Kobe is more in control of his emotions but more emotional than he is off the court to further clarify.

I think Kobe is looking for a team that he can take to the finals. I think leaving the West would be what he would want to do.

Now, let me share this dream....

It's just a dream so don't get ansy.

What if....

We did get the #1 pick.

But instead of keeping it, we decided to trade it.

What if we signed Kobe/Sheed as FAs.

And with the #1 pick overall in the draft (probably Okafur).

We traded #1, JT, and Nazr to Philly for Iverson.

Would we have the most marketable team in the League?

AI/Kobe/Sheed!

It would not work because Iverson is not a PG. But it's a good what if.

• Premium Member

Well in that case, the Correction is still...

You meant to say Lakers.

I think that there's a very real chance that Kobe's decision comes down to LAC and ATL.

Our advantage over LAC and PHO is that we are not in the West. Their advantage over us is that they already have pieces of a playoff team in place. Our goal should be to put together something stronger than:

Stoudamire/Marion and Brand/Maggette.

I don't think JT is good enough.

No I didnt mean to say the Lakers. I said LA. Can you not understand that? He doesnt play for the Clippers so how can he leave them? The real correction here is that you read a line or two into my post and then had to hit reply so that you could try and prove yourself right. So, thats the real correction. Kinda hard for a guy to leave a team he doesnt even play for isnt it?

• Premium Member

Again.. Dol...

The real correction is you meant to say a team and not a place.

Normally when People say LA, they mean the City... Not the Lakers.

If I said that we are playing LA tonight, would you automatically assume it was the Lakers. Why not the Clippers or the Dodgers.

Don't blame me because you have noun problems.

Point is still that Kobe may stay in LA.

He may become a Clipper

or

He may stay a Laker.

Him not basing his decision on Jackson's contract says nothing about his true intentions.

How can Kobe leave a team that he doesnt play for?

Dont say anything else, just answer that.......when you realize that he cant leave a team that he doesnt play for go back and read my post and then you will understand what was implied in my post which is the only possible team he could leave which is the Lakers.

By the way, when people are talking about the Lakers, they usually say LA. When they are talking about the Clippers, they say LAC.

Dolfan, you're essentially arguing with a brick wall. Diesel will continue to willfully misunderstand your post, due to his inability to comprehend the context of your use of "LA". Save yourself the grief!

Then again, we could answer in kind and correct his myriad spelling errors. That would be fun!

Not only that but his retarded trades as well. As he always points out that JT cant play with anyone, but then he wants to trade him to other teams and makes an argument by saying that JT would do good for that team, but then again he says JT cant play with anyone. Diesel answer this, if JT cant play with anyone why would the Nuggets want him? things that make you go hmmmmmmmm.....

I like the Miller/Anderson for JT/Nazr trade..But they won't do it cuz they have the pieces they want in place...

But I would definitely trade JT for point that can dish unless JT can learn to do that and defer to those guys. His shooting would just be a bonus then. But again we come back to if he can learn that. Miller would be perfect I think but again I don't think they do that.

If we had Kobe and Sheed, we'd need a center(maybe draft) and a good bench.. But the East would be ours for the taking.

• Premium Member

JTFan...

JT is best suited off the bench.

Denver has the type of team tht would allow him to do that. I think Boykins is their man at the PG... JT could be the guy who comes in and plays PG but is able to get points.

Like DocHawks said... Unless JT learns how to be a PG (meaning control Tempo, recognizing defenses, setting up plays, etc) it doesn't behove us to keep him unless we also bring him off the bench.

Does that mean that JT can't play with anyone. Well, there are certain players that would fit better with JT....

Brent Barry, Odom, Penny Hardaway, Mobley, Wesley, Mashburn, Joe Johnson, and even Toni... But it's far too difficult to get those kind of players. We've been trying this same thing for 5 years.

JT is a good scorer, good clutch shooter, but the fact that he cannot run an offense is a huge liability.

I'm with you on this one, D. (Big D? Daddy D?) I'm ready to see JT come off the bench in a Bobby Jackson/Darrell Armstrong kind of "sparkplug" role for the Hawks, or seeing him traded to another team where he could play that role. Whenever I see him in person, he seems to be the only person who's into the game emotionally, and that's an intangible that's hard to come by (at least for the Hawks.)

Question is, how would be respond to that role?