• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Zach Edey Conundrum - Could Edey be the next great Atlanta Hawk or is he the next Cam Reddish

NBASupes

2 hours ago, marco102 said:

Luka's the best at what? because SGA out played him in that series and SGA was drafted way later.  Yes Luka's team moved on, but I'd say SGA showed he's a beast and I think he finished higher in the MVP voting as well. 

I’ve always loved SGA and never cared for Luka up until this season.   SGA’s metrics were much better in the series and I’m still taking Luka 8 days a week, for the simple fact, among many others, his teammates enjoy playing with (and a lot of the time watching him lol) more than SGA’s with him.  Don’t get me wrong OKC is super tight but he doesn’t have that intangible impact and unseen hand on the game’s pace like Luka.  Since they acquired Gafford and Washington (who I was wrong about he’s a player) I’ve seen too many instances of Luka shooting poorly or piling up turnovers and he’s still +7.  His rebounding, cross court passing, and highly underrated defensive positioning all heavily contribute to winning.

The Mavs size advantage is what won it tho obviously.  I expect the Thunder to add two quality Bigs and they’ll be right back vying for the Conference.  It’s all coming together for the Mavs tho: Kyrie peaking as a two way player, Kidd reaching the next level as a thinker, Jones and Green defending awesomely to keep Hardaway off the floor.  They’ve been balling hard af since those acquisitions man.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, deester11 said:

I watch a lot of college ball.  I saw a guy who bullied his way to 10-16 pts on accident, back to the basket ball.  I agree with you about what was required at Purdue.  I saw 4 games of his.  I'll be honest, there are things to "dream on." But it's really disingenuous to not say the same about Sarr.  Are NBA offenses going to play the way Purdue did? Highly unlikely.  He'll have to adjust too.  Again..if the Hawks think Edey's the number 1 player, there's nothing I can do about it. But drafting him at 1 seems an over reach.  

IF they draft him, there better be a plan to maximize trading one of the guards.  Maybe that's the bigger picture. I'm not sure the Hawks vision is going to amount to enough to keep Trae, let alone give this fanbase much hope.

Drafting anyone in this draft at #1 is a reach, including Edey till he proves he's not. 

Idk, sometimes someone can see one thing and it's another. I rarely see him bullying. I consider positioning as IQ based because you must understand what the defender is doing to you to successfully position.

Anyone they draft, they have to have a plan to deal with Trae and Murray

42 minutes ago, JTB said:

He’s not a center . You have to look at Sarr as multi positional in my opinion. I’m not even saying it’s a throw away pick …I just don’t know if he can impact this team right out the gate and with having the number 1 pick and already having a star in place , I want a really good fit next to Trae.

Rookies can make an impact year 1 but sarr may not make an impact until year 3 or 4.

There isn’t a better fit alongside Trae than a defensive anchor big who can play any style of defense and has the ability to space the floor offensively.  The modern NBA is all about creating space on offense and closing space on defense.  Sarr is tremendous at closing space on defense.  He has shown tremendous upside equity as a floor spacer on offense.  

You are back to saying once again that somehow in some alternate reality that Trae is better with a more limited big that will be played off the floor in the playoffs.  

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, KB21 said:

There isn’t a better fit alongside Trae than a defensive anchor big who can play any style of defense and has the ability to space the floor offensively.  The modern NBA is all about creating space on offense and closing space on defense.  Sarr is tremendous at closing space on defense.  He has shown tremendous upside equity as a floor spacer on offense.  

You are back to saying once again that somehow in some alternate reality that Trae is better with a more limited big that will be played off the floor in the playoffs.  

Bro ain't a defensive anchor. 

28% from 3 on low volume is gonna give you a shitload of spacing in the NBA. 

Edited by NBASupes

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/peachtree-hoops-for-atlanta-hawks-fans/id1167318465?i=1000655371930

Kevin, Glenn, and Tyler all agree with me.  Sarr is the obvious pick.  

Let's see what they will say when he's not that in the NBA. AD and Noel who both were legit defensive anchors didn't come into the NBA being day 1 anchors. They didn't have the size or bulk. It took Noel years and even then, he never became an anchor like he was in college but I am suppose to believe Sarr is who never showed it in Australia. Being great at help side blocks is great but anchors protect the rim and the paint like Rudy Gobert. Wemby has great as a defender I've seen has a lot of work to do as an anchor just due to his lack of bulk and strength.

I don't see no one posting Culver stuff and there was an entire draft community selling Culver as the top prospect after Zion and some ahead of him till the teams final process came along and was like, no Ja is clearly 2 and RJ is clearly 3. 

I remember even talk about Atlanta moving up to 2 and landing Culver was real time chatter. 

That's the thing, my content will be here for anyone to up forever. But a lot of these takes on Sarr will eventually be deleted. New ones will be posted taking down the team that took him high. 

Man Supes, those of us wanting Sarr are not shying away from it.  If he busts, I'll be the first one in here complaining that my stupidity is founded. My ego doesn't bruise like that.  I'm ready for this to be done so I don't have to worry about it.  And if the Hawks are convinced he's the guy(Edey), I hope they trade out of one to draft him.  

Edited by deester11
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, deester11 said:

Man Supes, those of us wanting Sarr are not shying away from it.  If he busts, I'll be the first one in here complaining that my stupidity is founded. My ego doesn't bruise like that.  I'm ready for this to be done so I don't have to worry about it.  And if the Hawks are convinced he's the guy, I hope they trade out of one to draft him.  

96 mpg with two of JJ, OO, and AS on the floor at all times and maybe even some minutes with all three on the floor is exciting as hell.  The defense will be fixed immediately.  The offensive potential is unreal.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

I agree 100% with the first paragraph. Look at OKC with Chet. It is night and day how he has closed down the paint and can so easily switch and close. He's even slighter than Sarr is in terms of bulk. None of that matters because his hands, reach and quickness makes up for his lack of strength.

I have never seen a 7'1" player move as fast as Sarr. He closes distance very well. He's a shot blocker and rim protector. You can put him in drop, you can let him switch, you can let him roam...you aren't worry about him.

I like Edey. But I want us to take Sarr because I think he can unlock our defense in a similar fashion like Chet has done with OKC.

I don’t understand why some others can’t see it.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I don’t understand why some others can’t see it.  

Because Chet is 100x the offensive player Sarr is. Chet had legit good ball handling in HS. Sarr ball handling is stationary at this stage. 

It's like you can't see that there is a massive gap offensively and that's where the problem is. Also, Chet is a superior shot blocker and that's not a knock as his shot blocking is world class even as a prospect. Sarr is a very good shot blocker but he's nowhere close to Chet's level. 

We are drafting a bust hoping he becomes what better players are

I really wish we had the Kings picks this year, so we could take Sarr AND Edey, so Everyone would be happy......😀

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

I've seen so much bad posts. If I said some stupid shit like, let's draft Edey so we can use him like Shaq for the Lakers. That would be dumb because Shaq is a world class post up player who's has elite self creation skills and generational athleticism. 

Yet I've heard Sarr name mention with Wemby, Chet, KG, Siakam, AD. Even the high end names like Claxton is crazy to me. 

If I said that, you would call me delusional and you would be right. Let's chill off ridiculousness 

I personally think the Yao Ming comps is crazy for Edey. He doesn't have that self creation or fluidity. He's a 100x more athletic but he can't do with the ball that Yao could. Yao was one of the few bigs who can Hakeem the Dream and it looks smooth and consistent. Edey hit a Hakeem, caught Clingan off  guard and that was the last time we saw it.

Edited by NBASupes

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I've seen so much bad posts. If I said some stupid shit like, let's draft Edey so we can use him like Shaq for the Lakers. That would be dumb because Shaq is a world class post up player who's has elite self creation skills and generational athleticism. 

Yet I've heard Sarr name mention with Wemby, Chet, KG, Siakam, AD. Even the high end names like Claxton is crazy to me. 

If I said that, you would call me delusional and you would be right. Let's chill off ridiculousness 

I personally think the Yao Ming comps is crazy for Edey. He doesn't have that self creation or fluidity. He's a 100x more athletic but he can't do with the ball that Yao could. 

Well since everyone knows we're not taking Edey #1, would you rather take Risacher and sign a BIg like Claxton?

Pretty sure its gonna be Sarr or Risacher...

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member

This is how we use Sarr, but all that is moot unless the rest of the roster is addressed to have real depth and real NBA talent to round out the team.

• Like 4